About this listing
FULL HOUSE RENTAL ONLY, ASK FOR RATES You don't need a car. So close to all the fun in Galway just 12 minutes away, yet quietly tucked away for you to enjoy the calm and quiet . Train and buses 2 mins walk. PERFECT FOR ALL TOURIST SITES IN THE WEST
Full House Rental Only. Please note, no single rooms rented out.
* HOME: Historic and beautifully renovated, detached private residence, 3000 square feet, 5 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, sleeps up to 15. You will have the entire home and large private gardens to yourselves! Whether you're a group of two or 15, Banba House is your luxurious home away from home.
* LOCATION: Banba House is just 12 minutes from Galway's main street. Banba is located on a quiet, residential, tree-lined road on a large, secluded lot with private gardens. Banba is close to the train station but you won't hear the trains from the house.
*INCLUDED: Linens, towels, soaps, electricity, oil-fired central heating, and plenty of hot water!
* PREMIER SERVICE: Banba's has a fully-equipped kitchen, but you can also pre-order our famous arrival buffet meal so you can kick off your shoes and fully relax the moment you walk in the door.
* HOW TO GET HERE: We're on the direct train line from Dublin and then a two-minute walk from the Athenry train station. Or you can take a bus to Galway from the airport (Dublin or Shannon) and take a 12 minute train ride to Banba House.
Interaction with Guests
I'll be there to greet you, get you settled in and upon check out. I'm off-site but available for 24/7 help during your stay
IDEAL “HOME BASE” for your trip to West of Ireland. We're conveniently located just a few minutes from Galway's bustling main street and close to: Cliffs of Moher, Connermara, Kylemore Abbey, Aran Islands and more. Book early – the summer is “hoppin'” in Galway. Stay with us when you attend the Galway Festivals and Races.
* TRANSPORTATION: You don't need a car to get here or when you are here. The train (coast to coast, Galway-Dublin-Limerick) is located just a two-minute walk from Banba. Bus service to Galway runs until 2.30am on weekends, and pickup/drop off is just a one-minute walk from the front door. Coach tours to all the tourist sites are just 12 minutes from Banba. The historic centre of Athenry with pubs, restaurants, churches, and food shops is a three-minute walk.
Other Things to Note
Please note, Banba is for full house rental only, no single rooms for rent. Whether you're a group of four or fourteen, you will have the entire home and large private gardens to yourselves!
Banba House is a private home in a quiet residential neighbourhood. We ask that our guests respect the home and neighbours. We also ask that you relax and enjoy! You're on holiday!
We had a fantastic stay in Galway. The house was beautiful, and a telemetry minute drive from everything we wanted to see. Ray was as welcoming as could be, and helped us to find the house after we became lost. Kitchen facilities are everything you need while away on vacation, linens were clean and provided in excess, and the whole house was lovely and clean.
Traveling from Dublin to Galway for a getaway weekend, my group of 10 planned this spontaneous trip extremely last minute. Although at first booking the reservation was extremely confusing and frustrating with the house getting double booked once reserved, when in contact with Ray everything went much more smoothly. The house was absolutely beautiful, we stayed in the Station Master's House. Upon arrival we were welcomed with a warm and very hospitable hello from the home owners and provided with very detailed information about the area and answers to any questions that we had. The house fit 10 quite comfortably and everybody had an absolute blast! I would definitely recommend staying in this house. The taxi service provided under Ray's recommendation was amazing! We got to know the drivers because they were the same drivers all weekend. About 20-25 minutes from Galway City the trip into town was very smooth. Athenry was beautiful and had tons of great restaurants and places to go. Thanks for everything Ray! Especially for being so patient and accommodating our group extremely last minute!
A group of 10 of us spent 2 nights at Ray's lovely house "Halloran Ranch" in Maree village outside Oranmore (Banba House was already booked up).
The house was perfect for our group, nice big bedrooms and lots of bathrooms. Ray was very helpful at all times, advising on places to go, giving us contact details for taxis and so on. Some additional touches which we really appreciated were having the fire lit on our arrival and some complimentary wine which was very generous and much. Highly recommended.
Great stay and big house. Clean and very nice host.
The reservation was canceled 29 days before arrival. This is an automated posting.
The reservation was canceled 70 days before arrival. This is an automated posting.
Ray adjusted his schedule to meet us early due to an airline strike that affected our plans. We had perfect weather (pleasantly surprising all the locals). That perfect weather allowed us to really get to enjoy Athenry. While centering from Banba, we also thoroughly enjoyed getting to know the town itself. The location allowed us to do all we wanted and more.
From the start Ray directed us to a great pub with great food and drink. From there we got to know the locale and all it offers. Don't make the mistake of not taking time to just enjoy Athenry. Ray will stir you the right direction! Thanks!
This host has 9 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Ray
Sailor, Pilot., Chef. Artist. Retired early to enjoy life. ** It works **
Banba House is a large Detached Home in its own private mature grounds giving great access to Galway city centre within 12 mins from main street and and is available for short or long term stays. Sleeps up to 15 persons and has three reception rooms and five bedrooms, I just built a separate cottage at the rear of the house doing all the work myself over the last 3 years. You can stop your world and get off at Banba House, its a very stress free zone.