About this listing
As good as it gets in Brooklyn! We are across the street from Atlantic Ave-Barclays Center stop with B,D,N,R,Q,2,3,4,5,LIRR trains. 24/7 doorman, courtyard, gym, washer/dryer in apt, fully equipped kitchen. Disclaimer: we have a house cat at home!
Just chilling, getting some sun, with my feet up on our balcony. Barclays Center is right ahead there. Life. Is. Good.
Gorgeous fully air-conditioned/heated 2 bedroom 2 full-bath apartment with a balcony. Elevator building with 24/7 doorman, gym and courtyard. Excellent location right across the street from Atlantic Terminal (B,D,N,R,Q,2,3,4,5,LIRR) and steps from Barclays Center, Atlantic Mall and BAM. We are one express stop from Manhattan and, while technically in Boreum Hill, we are at the cross-roads of other wonderful neighborhoods like Park Slope and Fort Greene. Carroll Gardens is also a 10-15min walk or short bus ride away, as are Prospect Park, Grand Army Plaza, Brooklyn Botanical Gardens, and the Brooklyn Public Library. We are also blessed with AMAZING restaurants (we love our food, so we can recommend great places to go) in the vicinity. And of course, this is NYC, so you can have food delivered for free from almost any restaurant nearby and groceries from corner stores as well (if you want to experience "real" NYC living)!
Apartment sleeps 4 adults excluding babies comfortably, with 2 more in the living room if needed (any number of guests above 4 up to 6 is subject to a charge). This is what is available for sleeping arrangements:
- 1 Queen bed with W-hotel mattress in Master bedroom with attached bath.
- 1 Full-size bed in guest room with W-hotel mattress
- 1 Queen-sized air mattress
- Large leather couch that sleeps 1 comfortably.
- 1 toddler bed
- 1 baby cot and 1 camping cot available
- Towels, sheets, blankets and pillows will be provided.
- Air-conditioning/Heat and fans in each room including the living room.
- Washer/dryer in apartment
- Fully stocked kitchen with dishwasher.
- Standing George Foreman electric grill in balcony.
- Internet with wifi.
- 50-inch plasma TV
- Bose surround sound speakers in living room
- iMac for guest use
- No cable TV but we have a Blu-Ray/DVD player with internet capabilities like Netflix, Youtube, Hulu, Amazon as well as a Window PC hooked up to the TV so you can surf the web, stream videos, or start a slideshow (an SD card reader will be provided).
- Ridiculously comfortable leather couch that also (wait for it...) RECLINES.
- OSIM foot massager (yes, you will want this after a day of walking in NYC)
- Electric piano
Since we have kids, the apartment is very kid friendly:
- Professionally baby-proofed.
- A toddler bed and a pack-n-play
- Umbrella stroller
- 2 adult bikes (1 with child-seat) and 1 kid bike available, with 2 adult and 2 kid helmets
- 2 kid scooters
- Toys and crafts that you are free to use.
- If our kids are the same ages, feel free to borrow the kids' clothes so you can pack less!
Parking is available in the basement of the building but there is a separate charge to the garage owner. Street parking is also generally available in the surrounding neighborhoods, but as with most NYC neighborhoods, availability really depends on the time/day.
Gym, courtyard in the building, 24/7 doorman.
Interaction with Guests
I will be fully available via email/text. I am typically out of the country during your stay and will set up a video conference ((SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN), Facetime, (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN) Hangouts) before your stay so that we can get to know each other, and I can show you around the apartment!
We are officially in Boerum Hill but across the street from Park Slope and Fort Greene, two of the most gorgeous neighborhoods in Brooklyn.
Extremely convenient, subway with multiple trains across the street from Atlantic Terminal/Barclays Stadium
Other Things to Note
Pet Disclaimer: We have a cat called Zion at home who will require minimal care: leaving a bowl of food for her daily and clearing out her litter box every 2-3 days (if you are not comfortable doing that, we are happy to hire a cat-sitter who can come in to clear out her box during your stay).
Hence, if you have an issue with a cat in the house or have allergies to cats, we are unfortunately not the right home for you.
NO other pets allowed in the apartment please!
NO smoking and NO pets (other than ours) please!!! And we respectfully request no shoes in the house as well.
Please make yourself at home, so please treat this like your own home!