About this listing
As good as it gets in Brooklyn! We are across the street from Atlantic Ave-Barclays Center stop with B,D,N,R,Q,2,3,4,5,LIRR trains. 24/7 doorman, courtyard, gym, washer/dryer in apt, fully equipped kitchen. 2bdrm 2baths & we have a house cat at home!
Just chilling, getting some sun, with my feet up on our balcony. Barclays Center is right ahead there. Life. Is. Good.
Gorgeous fully air-conditioned/heated 2 bedroom 2 full-bath apartment with a balcony. Elevator building (no stairs if you have accessibility issues) with 24/7 doorman, gym and courtyard. Excellent location right across the street from Atlantic Terminal (B,D,N,R,Q,2,3,4,5,LIRR) and steps from Barclays Center, Atlantic Mall and BAM. We are one express stop from Manhattan and, while technically in Boreum Hill, we are at the cross-roads of other wonderful neighborhoods like Park Slope and Fort Greene. Carroll Gardens is also a 10-15min walk or short bus ride away, as are Prospect Park, Grand Army Plaza, Brooklyn Botanical Gardens, and the Brooklyn Public Library. We are also blessed with AMAZING restaurants (we love our food, so we can recommend great places to go) in the vicinity. And of course, this is NYC, so you can have food delivered for free from almost any restaurant nearby and groceries from corner stores as well (if you want to experience "real" NYC living)!
Apartment sleeps 4 comfortably, with 2 more in the living room if needed, and 1 child in a toddler bed (any number of guests above 4 up to 6 is subject to a charge). This is what is available for sleeping arrangements:
- 1 Queen bed with W-hotel mattress in Master bedroom with attached bath.
- 1 Full-size bed in guest room with W-hotel mattress and 1 toddler bed beside it.
- 1 Queen-sized air mattress
- Large leather couch that sleeps 1 comfortably.
- 1 baby cot and 1 camping cot available
- Towels, sheets, blankets and pillows will be provided.
- Air-conditioning/Heat and fans in each room including the living room.
- Washer/dryer in apartment
- Fully stocked kitchen with dishwasher.
- Standing electric grill in balcony.
- Internet with wifi.
- 50-inch plasma TV
- Bose surround sound speakers in living room
- iMac for guest use
- No cable TV but we have a Blu-Ray/DVD player with internet capabilities like Netflix, Youtube, Hulu, Amazon as well as a Window PC hooked up to the TV so you can surf the web, stream videos, or start a slideshow. It also has an HDMI cable where you can plug in your own device.
- Ridiculously comfortable leather couch that also (wait for it...) RECLINES.
- OSIM foot massager (yes, you will want this after a day of walking in NYC)
- Electric piano
- Coffee maker and french press.
Since we have kids, the apartment is very kid friendly:
- Professionally baby-proofed.
- A toddler bed
- 2 kid scooters
- Toys and crafts that you are free to use.
- If our kids are the same ages, feel free to borrow the kids' clothes so you can pack less!
We are a family of 4 who love to travel whenever we can. This is our primary residence and we only Airbnb when we are traveling during school breaks. Hence, if you are looking for a hotel-like apartment (bare with basic essentials), this will not be the right place for you. However, if you are looking for a clean, warm, lived-in, family friendly home in an excellent location with all the amenities, fully stocked kitchen, toys for the kids, bookshelves fully stocked, and a kitty cat to keep you company, then we are absolutely the right fit for you! We host friends all the time in our apartment and welcome our Airbnb guests the same way.
Gym, courtyard in the building, 24/7 doorman/concierge
Interaction with Guests
I will be fully available via email/text. I am typically out of the country during your stay and will set up a video conference before your stay so that we can get to know each other, and I can virtually show you around the apartment and address any questions or specific needs before your stay.
We are officially in Boerum Hill but across the street from Park Slope and Fort Greene, three of the most gorgeous neighborhoods in Brooklyn. This area is known to be very family friendly. Our apartment is located across the street from the Barclay's Center so it is very bustling, safe, central and accessible. At the same time, we are just steps away from quieter, quaint neighborhoods like Fort Greene and Park Slope.
Extremely convenient, subway with multiple trains across the street from Atlantic Terminal/Barclays Stadium
Parking is available in the basement of the building but there is a separate charge to the garage owner. Street parking is also generally available in the surrounding neighborhoods, but as with most NYC neighborhoods, availability really depends on the time/day.
Other Things to Note
Pet Disclaimer: We have a cat called Zion at home who will require minimal care: leaving a bowl of food for her daily and clearing out her litter box every 2-3 days (if you are not comfortable doing that, we are happy to hire a cat-sitter who can come in to clear out her box during your stay).
Hence, if you have an issue with a cat in the house or have allergies to cats, we are unfortunately not the right home for you.
NO other pets allowed in the apartment please!
NO smoking and NO pets (other than ours) please!!! And we respectfully request no shoes in the house as well.
Please make yourself at home, so please treat this like your own home!
We are a travel, food and life loving family comprising a middle school science teacher, a banker, and 2 incredible girls. We have hosted friends and friends of friends frequently in various cities we have lived in - San Francisco, Singapore and Brooklyn - and we are ready to expand our hospitality to our Airbnb community!