As this is our first time subletting on Airbnb, we are pricing it at (what we believe is) below market price for this beautiful apartment. There really is no catch! We are first-timers on Airbnb but have had TONS of experience hosting friends from all over the world. We hope to build a good reputation here on Airbnb. Disclaimer: 1 cat in the house (see below)
And here's our "official" write-up:
Gorgeous fully air-conditioned/heated 2 bedroom 2 full-bath apartment with a balcony. Elevator building with 24/7 doorman, gym and courtyard. Excellent location right across the street from Atlantic Terminal (B,D,N,R,Q,2,3,4,5,LIRR) and steps from Barclays Center, Atlantic Mall and BAM. We are one express stop from Manhattan and, while technically in Boreum Hill, we are at the cross-roads of other wonderful neighborhoods like Park Slope and Fort Greene. Carroll Gardens is also a 10-15min walk or short bus ride away, as are Prospect Park, Grand Army Plaza, Brooklyn Botanical Gardens, and the Brooklyn Public Library. We are also blessed with AMAZING restaurants (we love our food, so we can recommend great places to go) in the vicinity. And of course, this is NYC, so you can have food delivered for free from almost any restaurant nearby and groceries from corner stores as well (if you want to experience "real" NYC living)!
Apartment sleeps 4 adults excluding babies comfortably, with 2 more in the living room if needed (any number of guests above 4 up to 6 is subject to a charge). This is what is available for sleeping arrangements:
- 1 Queen bed with W-hotel mattress in Master bedroom with attached bath.
- 1 Full-size bed in guest room.
- 1 Queen-sized air mattress
- 1 fold-out Japanese style mattress that sleeps 1.
- Large leather couch that sleeps 1 comfortably.
- 1 crib (and pack-n-play also available)
- Towels, sheets, blankets and pillows will be provided.
- Air-conditioning/Heat and fans in each room including the living room.
- Washer/dryer in apartment
- Fully stocked kitchen with dishwasher.
- Standing George Foreman electric grill in balcony.
- Internet with wifi.
- 50-inch plasma TV
- Bose surround sound speakers in living room
- iMac for guest use
- No cable TV but we have a Blu-Ray/DVD player with internet capabilities like Netflix, Youtube, Hulu, Amazon as well as a Window PC hooked up to the TV so you can surf the web, stream videos, or start a slideshow (an SD card reader will be provided).
- Ridiculously comfortable leather couch that also (wait for it...) RECLINES.
- OSIM foot massager (yes, you will want this after a day of walking in NYC)
- Electric piano
Since we have kids, the apartment is very kid friendly:
- Professionally baby-proofed.
- A crib and a pack-n-play
- Umbrella stroller
- 2 bikes available, one with child-seat and one kid helmet
- 1 kid scooter
- Toys and crafts that you are free to use.
- If our kids are the same ages, feel free to borrow the kids' clothes so you can pack less!
Parking is available in the basement of the building but there is a separate charge to the garage owner. Street parking is also generally available in the surrounding neighborhoods, but as with most NYC neighborhoods, availability really depends on the time/day.
Pet Disclaimer: we have 1 cat at home Zion who will be chilling out at home. She will require minimal care: leaving a bowl of food for her daily and clearing out her litter box every 2-3 days. If you are staying for just a weekend, you will likely not have anything to do with her. At your request, we can also board her, but daily rate will be increased by $25/day.
NO other pets allowed in the apartment please!
|Room type:||Entire home/apt|
|Extra people:||$50 / night after 4 guests|
|Minimum Stay:||3 nights|
|Weekly Price:||$1500 /week|
|Check In:||3:00 PM|
|Check Out:||12:00 PM (noon)|
|Pet Owner:||Some pets|
Kelly's home is light and airy and oh so comfortable! Our our family of 4 had plenty of space to move around inside - as well as enjoy the view and the breeze from the balcony. The kitchen had everything we needed to fuel up before heading out for a day - or night - in the city. Great location, too! We parked on the street and did not need to move the car for the entire weekend. Lots of great restaurants and shops nearby and the concierge was very friendly in helping us get where we needed to go. We are so glad we chose Kelly's place!
We had a wonderful stay! The apartment was clean and offered everything we needed for our adventures in New York! With 2 small children, the washing machine and dryer were a life saver!!! Thanks so much for a wonderful vacation and we will recommend you to our friends and family!
Kelly helped us out in the last moment, when we needed a place to be within 24 hours. She was kind, super accommodating and always helpful. The apartment itself is all you desire - spacious, lit, well equipped and in a location that just can't be beat. For your home in NY away from home - this is the place for you
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.
This is the final rate, including VAT along with fees from the host and Airbnb.
This is the fee charged by Airbnb
This is the fee charged by Airbnb and includes VAT