About this listing
Just chilling, getting some sun, with my feet up on our balcony. Barclays Center is right ahead there. Life. Is. Good.
Gorgeous fully air-conditioned/heated 2 bedroom 2 full-bath apartment with a balcony. Elevator building with 24/7 doorman, gym and courtyard. Excellent location right across the street from Atlantic Terminal (B,D,N,R,Q,2,3,4,5,LIRR) and steps from Barclays Center, Atlantic Mall and BAM. We are one express stop from Manhattan and, while technically in Boreum Hill, we are at the cross-roads of other wonderful neighborhoods like Park Slope and Fort Greene. Carroll Gardens is also a 10-15min walk or short bus ride away, as are Prospect Park, Grand Army Plaza, Brooklyn Botanical Gardens, and the Brooklyn Public Library. We are also blessed with AMAZING restaurants (we love our food, so we can recommend great places to go) in the vicinity. And of course, this is NYC, so you can have food delivered for free from almost any restaurant nearby and groceries from corner stores as well (if you want to experience "real" NYC living)!
Apartment sleeps 4 adults excluding babies comfortably, with 2 more in the living room if needed (any number of guests above 4 up to 6 is subject to a charge). This is what is available for sleeping arrangements:
- 1 Queen bed with W-hotel mattress in Master bedroom with attached bath.
- 1 Full-size bed in guest room.
- 1 Queen-sized air mattress
- Large leather couch that sleeps 1 comfortably.
- 1 toddler bed
- 1 baby cot and 1 camping cot available
- Towels, sheets, blankets and pillows will be provided.
- Air-conditioning/Heat and fans in each room including the living room.
- Washer/dryer in apartment
- Fully stocked kitchen with dishwasher.
- Standing George Foreman electric grill in balcony.
- Internet with wifi.
- 50-inch plasma TV
- Bose surround sound speakers in living room
- iMac for guest use
- No cable TV but we have a Blu-Ray/DVD player with internet capabilities like Netflix, Youtube, Hulu, Amazon as well as a Window PC hooked up to the TV so you can surf the web, stream videos, or start a slideshow (an SD card reader will be provided).
- Ridiculously comfortable leather couch that also (wait for it...) RECLINES.
- OSIM foot massager (yes, you will want this after a day of walking in NYC)
- Electric piano
Since we have kids, the apartment is very kid friendly:
- Professionally baby-proofed.
- A toddler bed and a pack-n-play
- Umbrella stroller
- 2 bikes available, one with child-seat and one kid helmet
- 1 kid scooter
- Toys and crafts that you are free to use.
- If our kids are the same ages, feel free to borrow the kids' clothes so you can pack less!
Parking is available in the basement of the building but there is a separate charge to the garage owner. Street parking is also generally available in the surrounding neighborhoods, but as with most NYC neighborhoods, availability really depends on the time/day.
Pet Disclaimer: we will board our cat when there are guests. However, we will reduce the daily rate by $25/day if you are willing to have her chill with you. She will require minimal care: leaving a bowl of food for her daily and clearing out her litter box every 2-3 days.
NO other pets allowed in the apartment please!
Gym, courtyard in the building
We are officially in Boerum Hill but across the street from Park Slope and Fort Greene, two of the most gorgeous neighborhoods in Brooklyn.
Extremely convenient, across the street from Atlantic Terminal/Barclays Stadium
NO smoking and NO pets please!!! And we respectfully request no shoes in the house as well.
Please make yourself at home, so please treat this like your own home!
Kelly's home is light and airy and oh so comfortable! Our our family of 4 had plenty of space to move around inside - as well as enjoy the view and the breeze from the balcony. The kitchen had everything we needed to fuel up before heading out for a day - or night - in the city. Great location, too! We parked on the street and did not need to move the car for the entire weekend. Lots of great restaurants and shops nearby and the concierge was very friendly in helping us get where we needed to go. We are so glad we chose Kelly's place!
We had a wonderful stay! The apartment was clean and offered everything we needed for our adventures in New York! With 2 small children, the washing machine and dryer were a life saver!!! Thanks so much for a wonderful vacation and we will recommend you to our friends and family!
Kelly helped us out in the last moment, when we needed a place to be within 24 hours. She was kind, super accommodating and always helpful. The apartment itself is all you desire - spacious, lit, well equipped and in a location that just can't be beat. For your home in NY away from home - this is the place for you
About the Host, Kelly Kheleesi
We are a travel, food and life loving family comprising a middle school science teacher, a banker, and 2 incredible girls. We have hosted friends and friends of friends frequently in various cities we have lived in - San Francisco, Singapore and Brooklyn - and we are ready to expand our hospitality to our Airbnb community!