About this listing
PLEASE NOTE: I AM UNAVAILABLE TO ANSWER REQUESTS FROM April 24- May 4 2015. WILL BE ON A RETREAT no PHONE OR INTERNET ACCESS, AND WILL RESPOND AFTER I RETURN...THANK YOU.
This is a completely private, open floor plan , minimal aesthetic studio with private entrance in the Inner Richmond of San Francisco, near Golden Gate Park with a new and full/complete kitchen (Vintage refurbished gas stove, dishwasher, microwave, new fridge, , etc), outdoor semi private deck with table/chairs, sleeping nook with Temperpedic queen size bed, bathroom with glass tiles/two shower heads. Stained concrete floors with small carpets.... The apartment is approx. 450 sq. ft. and is not as large as it may appear in the photo, but is spacious. Very quiet; wake up with the birds!
Our street is relatively quiet; the general neighborhood is ethnically, economically diverse. And with it's proximity to Golden Gate Park , it is excellent for biking, running, walking, surfing, tennis boating ; great restaurants and markets and bars. And the Beach is only a few minutes away....
There are bike rental shops nearby, few minutes walk...If you're visiting and don't want to give up your "workout," this is a great neighborhood to visit .... There is a yoga studio 2 blocks away and about three others within 15 minute walk...Geary and Clement Street, just a couple blocks away have a wide array of restaurants, bars, cafes and markets.
Farmer's Market on Sundays, Inner Richmond (15 minute) walk and Inner Sunset (15 minute walk).
There are many restaurants -- Chinese, Thai, Vietnamese, Korean, Japanese, Turkish, French, Hawaiian, Malaysian, Indian, Vegetarian, Italian, Russian within a few minutes walk. And( i think ) the best sushi restaurant in the City is four blocks away, it is very difficult to get in to but that's another story.. Also many restaurants deliver if you want to stay in.. Small markets and supermarkets in short walking distance..Clement Street finally has a mostly organic market…
The Richmond has all kinds of folks, all ages and ethnicities, sexual persuasions, professions, etc....and although it is not "hip" it IS pretty cool...
The apartment features:
* Private entrance
•French doors to back yard
•Okell gas fire place
•Leather sof(URL HIDDEN)Small table (desk(URL HIDDEN)Finished cement floors throughout
• Temperpedic queen size bed with brand (NOTE , TEMPERPEDIC IS ****MEMORY FOAM AND SHAPES TO YOUR BODY, this not a hard mattress, and once you settle in, it is firm but it is by no means a standard firm hard mattress..........(Temperpedic mattress (URL HIDDEN)
ne(URL HIDDEN)100% cotton linens/duvet & comforter and pillows,
•full New kitchen appliances: new fridge, cabinets, sink, refurbished gas stove, microwave, the dishwasher is new but it is tempermental and leaks a bit, so handwashing is preferred. ive tried to fix this many times and will eventually replace....
*stovetop espresso maker and coffee grinder; and dishes/pots
*blender, toaster,microwave, coffee maker
* brita water filte(URL HIDDEN)Cleaning supplies + dishwashing detergent; etc. and hand soap, toilet paper , paper towels, plastic wrap, foil in kitchen,
• Lighting on dimmers throughout apartment (adjustable lighting)
• New bathroom fixtures; including glass shower with two shower heads, sliding glass door; new towels;(URL HIDDEN)Blow dryer, iron and ironing boar(URL HIDDEN)Umbrella
• Concrete floors throughout; w/a couple carpets...
* fan; heater
* Shopping cart available
• Small flat screen television on swinging mount, cable
• Semi private deck with table/chairs for outdoor use and use of backyard
• Freshly painted, and ALWAYS cleaned professionally. . ..
* Free Hi speed internet/WiFi
* quiet neighborhood...
* linens, towels, xtra sheets,
* full kitchen with dishware, pots/pans
* Prior to Airbnb, this apartment was mostly been used by visiting artists, curators, professors and scholars and we have been told it has creative "vibe"
* no smoking indoors, and prefer non smokers in general, no unattended lit candles
* NO PETS large or small
* One/two persons preferred max or couple with child works (there is a full queen bed for sleeping and brand new double Aerobed air mattress or folding foam futon is available ),
*Fresh coffee (either beans or grinded)
* some spices and dried goods
This apartment as stated above is well suited for one person or two friends or a couple….
It has an open floor plan, which means there are no walls (except for the bathroom) ; if you intend to share with another person, you will need to be very comfortable, as there will be little privacy ; i.e. changing clothes -- (the bathroom has a door, though it is beveled glass.)...
(Cell providers: Verizon, TMobile, Metro work fine in the apt. AT&T does not work so well in the apartment or the neighborhood in general. If you have ATT and a computer, (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN) is a good alternative.
Note Re: Photographs: (They were taken by Airbnb, i did not take these photos).. .The apartment is NOT bright and sunny as pictured .The front door to the apartment has a frosted window; there are two small windows and glass french doors to the backyard, so while it is not "dark," the lighting is quite subdued,.And two airbnb guests have described the apartment as somewhat "dark." With the lighting ON in the apartment, it does look naturally light to bright. And as noted above, it's about 450 sq. ft; may look larger in photos taken by Airbnb. (?)
Parking: The street has permit parking however the adjacent streets do not and the parking rules are more relaxed.
Check in/Check Out:.
This is flexible. I try to accommodate guests so that when they arrive, they can check in anytime or check out anytime that is convenient, i.e. flights, etc..However, if you want to check out between 5-11pm, I will charge an additional $75.00 for the day.
PLEASE UPON RSVP CONFIRMATION:
Please let me know in a message after we've confirmed,
1. APPROXIMATELY what time you want to check in and please specify a.m or p.m.
2. APPROXIMATELY what time you want to check out
.(This is useful in so far as i can schedule cleaning after each guest leaves..and the next person arrives.)
It has happened that guests have arrived earlier than they anticipated, and if this should be the case, please let me know as soon as possible...Usually this is fine, except if there is a cleaning (URL HIDDEN) this case, I would suggest you can drop off your belongings and return....
Very Easy Public Transportation.
•SFMuni Buses 31 Balboa,, 5 Fulton 44 Oshaunessey, 28,, 21 hayes
•10 minute walk thru park to Inner Sunset and N Judah, 5, 6, and 71 buses)
•5 minute walk to DeYoung museum, Calif. Academy of Sciences; a couple more to Arbboretum, Stowe Lake
•45 minute walk to Ocean Beach, 10 minutes by bu(URL HIDDEN)30 minute walk to China Beac(URL HIDDEN)20-30 minute bus ride to downtown S.F(URL HIDDEN)5-10 minute by car to Marin over Golden Gate BRidge, 10-15 to Marin Headlands
• MANY Restaurants, markets, supermarkets, bars, cafes, yoga studios, etc. nearby and within easy walking distances
• Corner Store and laundromat
• Library - 3 blocks away
• Closest Hospitals are UCSF , St. Mary'(URL HIDDEN)Yoga Studio - one block awa(URL HIDDEN)Tennis courts - five minute wal(URL HIDDEN)Several bike rental places within 5 minutes
(and sincerely, the Best sushi restaurant in the City four blocks away
* Clement Street, 10 minutes....
* There is a fairly good second hand store (Goodwill) on Clement…
If i cannot greet you personally, and i make every effort to, I will leave the keys in a lock box and once your reservation is confirmed, i will send you the combination...
FROM THE AIRPORT:
BART/MUNI; BART to Powell Street and then 5 Fulton or 31 Balboa to 10th Avenue (about $10 per person)
SUPER SHUTTLE, must be reserved in advance (about $20 per person)
TAXI, (about 50-60 with tip)-can flag one at airport
LYFT/UBER (not sure) need an app on phone, this could be useful in sf if you are not planning on renting a car...
(It should take about half hour from the airport to the apartment).
I've lived in the City since 1975 and am willing to give suggestions for just about anything, and am open to helping out while respecting your privacy.....(we live upstairs - You may occasionally hear walking and sounds from upstairs but this has never been an issue…).
Guests have a semi private outdoor deck (when i say semi private, i mean that my family has access to the yard and might pass by this area but does not use this area) and back yard which is shared.
Interaction with Guests
i will be present during the guest's stay unless otherwise indicated in an email to the guest. (Sometimes go out of town...) In those cases, my husband and/or son are available.
To get in touch while you are staying at the apartment, phone calls btw. 8am to Midnight are fine as is texting, before and after texting or email is preferred and i i will get back to you ..ASAP..
I generally interact minimally as the apartment is separate, and respect your privacy; however i am available and open for interaction in person, via telephone and/or email and texting…or a knock on the door…
Other Things to Note
WEATHER: please note that San Francisco has micro climates. it can be foggy in the Inner Richmond during the summer months and you might need a down jacket or coat; whereas in other areas of the City, there may be sunshine and it will be considerably warmer. September is usually (URL HIDDEN) changes daily, however....
Summer generally =Fog in this neighborhood.
*2 guest maximum, no extra persons without discussion.
*NO PETS (large or small, sorry)
*No smoking, no lit candles unless you are in the apartment
*No shoe policy indoors
* Please bring "house shoes" )
if you don't want to carry in luggage,let me know and i can pick up flip flops and leave in apartment….
* Recycle/Compost/Garbage separate --and appreciate if folks follow that..
* Lock all doors and turn off heat and lights before leaving for the day..
* Please, do not have packages sent to apartment during your stay without consulting me.
* Have fun and enjoy your stay here.
* look forward to meeting you!