About this listing
We recommend this structure for a couple or a small family in search of an authentic Apulian holiday. One where you can enjoy living in a historic town by the sea and watch the sunset and the moonlit seas from your veranda.
Casamas is found in the heart of Monopoli’s historical center about 50 meters from the local Porta Vecchia beach.
The apartment consists of a large living room with a kitchen and a sofabed for two, a bedroom, and a bathroom with shower. This cozy apartment contains vintage and functional yet simple furnishings in the industrial style.
It has a partially covered veranda with exceptional views of the sea. You can bask in the sun with lounge chairs and umbrellas as well as enjoy a perfect breakfast with a view.
Casamas is situated on the second floor of an authentic building in Monopoli’s historic center. Please note the use of stairs for those with conditions. We recommend this structure for a couple or a small family in search of an authentic Puglian vacation. One where you can enjoy living in a historic town by the sea and watch the sunset and the moonlit seas from your veranda.
Total surface is approximate 50 sqm plus 40 sqm of terraces.
During the High/Peak season is possible rent the house ONLY Saturday to Saturday.
Puglia is a wonderful area to consider. It offers at least one excellent archeological museum, a host of cathedrals dating back to the 10th century, Greek and Roman ruins, a gleaming necklace of lively fishing villages, one of Europe's largest forests, a chain of medieval hilltowns, and some of the very cleanest beaches and water in the Mediterranean.
Monopoli is a very nice town on the sea, famous, apart for its beaches and clean waters, also for its baroque churches.
What to see:
- CATHEDRAL - it is one of the most attractive examples of Baroque in the entire Apulian region. Its imposing monumental front is flanked on the left by an elegant bell tower that has markedly projecting cornices separating its floors. Notable is the Byzantine icon portraying the Madonna della Madia - legend tells that the sacred image was washed up from the sea on a stack of trunks, that were then used for the building of the trussed roof - very well-preserved and of fine workmanship, it dates from 1280.
- SANTA MARIA DEGLI AMALFITANI - a Romanesque building erected at the beginning of the twelfth century on a pre-existing rock settlement.
- ABBEY OF SANTO STEFANO a fortified complex built in 1086, the remains of an old church survive in the inner courtyard, still inside there are the visible remains of the Roman settlement of Turris Paola, one of the landing places for nearby Egnazia.
- CASTLE bounded on three sides by the sea and protected on the fourth by a moat that no longer exists, it was used as a prison until the beginning of the twentieth century, the castle has been recently restored and today houses the Municipal Archaeological Museum on its first floor.
- PURGATORIO CHURCH with images of skeletons on its doors. Inside you will find familiar Baroque interior but on the adjusting chapel you will find mummies of some local citizens. If the church is closed then you can watch some of the mummies through the street window.
- PALAZZO PALMIERI central square of the Centro Storico.
- MADONNA DEL SOCCORSO CHURCH old grotto with frescoes was dug out of a natural cavity in the rock.
It consists of 99 districts (contrade) characterized by the presence of Masserie Fortificate of ancient roman origin, Rupestrian Churches, neo-classic villas and houses.
The outstanding landscape consists of almond and olive trees, apart from fruit trees of all sort and vegetables cultivation.
Please inform us about your flight and arrival details as soon as you have this confirmed.This way we can arrange our cleaning schedule and make sure that there is always someone who can check you in.We kindly ask you to call upon your arrival at the airport and arrange for a meeting at the pick up point. Arrival time is mandatory in the afternoon between 4pm and 8pm (unless otherwise agreed). For arrivals after 8pm an extra charge of Eur 25,00 will be applied.Please advise us of your departure time at least 24 hours before. Latest check out is at 10am.
From Jul 1 - Aug 25, 2017 the minimum stay is 5 nights.
HelloApulia has been a leading licensed Vacation Rentals & Property Management company in Puglia since 2007. We specialize in providing a wide range of accomodations throughout Apulia from historic apartments, trulli and villas with pool to converted farm houses or "masserie".
Thanks to our premium partnerships, we offer services and activities such as food and wine tours, guided tours, trekking, bike and car rentals, spa services and many more.
HelloApulia also offers their property owners exclusivity and direct management of their vacation rentals. They provide quality and rental guarantee with utmost professionalism and courtesy.