Come and see the best of New Orleans in this perfect Mid-City apartment! We relocated to New Orleans two years ago and purchased our dream home in the Mid-City area, just blocks away from City Park. Luckily, our century old home has a separate apartment space so we can share the best of New Orleans with visitors like you!
Our neighborhood features:
-Less than one block from the streetcar. Catch a 20 minute ride to the French Quarter for only $1.25 on a historic streetcar!
- Less than a 10 minute walk to City Park, including the New Orleans Museum of Art, Sculpture Garden, and miles of trails through the most beautiful park in the city
- Walking distance to the Jazz Festival Grounds (our main reason for wanting our house!!!)
- Several restaurants and bars within walking distance, including 2 restaurants and one bar less than a block away
- 3 blocks to historic Bayou St. John
- 10 minute cab ride to the French Quarter
- Safe and family friendly
Our apartment features:
- Open studio-type apartment with 2 separate rooms/sleeping areas (NOTE: the apartment is a shotgun style with no door between the two sleeping areas)
- 1 room with a queen sized bed, chair and a half, and cable TV
- 1/2 Bedroom with a twin bed
- Separate bathroom and kitchen
- Kitchen features full refrigerator, stove, microwave, coffee maker, and table/chairs
- Clawfoot bathtub/shower
- There is no separate TV/living room
- We live in the main house attached to the apartment, so we are readily available to answer any questions or help
- Apartment has a separate entrance for visitors, accessed on the side of the home
- Pets are welcome, but must be potty trained and not destructive
- For guests needing a laundry room, there is a laundromat less than a block away!
We look forward to having you visit!
- Backyard with patio and seating area
- Playset for small children
Interaction with Guests
Only as needed to answer questions or provide help
Other Things to Note
Our home is 3600 square feet and we occupy the main living quarters. The apartment is on the first floor and there is living area above the apartment. With high ceilings and wood floors, you may hear the pitter patter of our little one's feet from time to time, just as we can hear our guests if things get loud. We practice mutual respect with our guests and have never had an issue, but if you are looking for 100% peace and quiet at all times, this might not be the best apartment for you!
1. No-smoking inside .
2. Any extra guests not mentioned when booked will NOT be able to sleep in the apartment.
3. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order. Nothing wet (glasses, towels) to be set on wood directly
4.Only use appliances for their intended purposes.
5. Arrival and departure times should be sent via email at your earliest convenience after booking accommodation. We will try to accomodate requests for arrival/departure times
6. Lost or not returned keys will incur a $20 replacement charge (key, chain and inconvenience to replace)
7.Heavy partying reserved for French Quarter! Looking to host mature, respectful and considerate adults. Not boring...just considerate - respect our home like you would want others to in your home.
The listing was very accurate. The house was lovely and in a good neighborhood, close to a really good restaurant.
The house was as described-- very nice! It was thoughtful to have the snacks-thanks. It was so close to great eateries-- the trolley , the sculpture garden is a must see and not a far walk the trip was enhanced by the very nice accomadations. Felt very safe to walk about this neighborhood!
We had an amazing time. Great location, with plenty to do within walking distance. The apartment was clean and stocked with toiletries, local chips, and some condiments. It was quiet and we felt safe and secure. We enjoyed the authentic experience of being in a 100 year old home. We took the street car to the french quarter, but really liked the neighborhood and spent most of our time there. They left a local guide book that they had prepared and it helped us to find the best spots in the city.
On a scale of 1-5, Andi and Joe's apartment is a 6+. It was everything advertised and more. We were there for the month of February with our golden retriever. We spent many hours enjoying long walks in City Park. The streetcar and buses were so convenient as well as the laundry mat. Andi and Joe were a wealth of information about restaurants, parades, etc.
We are returning next year to this delightful spot!!
Andi and Joe were wonderful hosts from the minute our booking was accepted. They were incredibly helpful and quick to respond to any questions we had before our visit as well as during the time we were there. They were both very nice and made us feel welcome in a home away from home. The day we arrived, they even gave me a "tour" of their home and a brief history lesson of their home and surrounding ones because they new I was interested in the architecture and history of the area! They left a few items in the fridge for us (water, orange juice, creamer and some beer) and there was plenty of coffee for us for our 4-day stay, which was wonderful. The pictures on the listing were exactly how the apartment was in person, although I'd say it was larger than it looked in the pictures. The place was very clean, cutely decorated, orderly and the queen bed was extremely comfortable. They have a few space heaters for when it gets cool and they heated the place quickly and very efficiently. Plenty of hot water & good water pressure. The neighborhood is quaint, quiet, and clean, and very conveniently located so we could get pretty much anywhere by street car. We did rent a car for convenience and for longer trips outside of New Orleans and there was plenty of free street parking right in front of the house, in fact, we never had to even look for a space as there was always a free spot right in front of the house! The listing mentions that you can sometimes hear the family or "pitter-patter of little feet". While we could on occasion (mostly the mornings), hear walking it was never intrusive or an issue (and I am a light sleeper). I really wouldn't let this very minor factor deter you from staying here at all. The only issue/complaint we had was that the door is extremely hard to lock (from the outside). The door/lock is old and the lock sticks (with either key) and sometimes the key gets stuck, so give yourself at least a few minutes to jiggle it (and perhaps swear a little!). Getting in was never a problem, just locking it on our way out (seriously give yourself a few minutes to lock the door, it never locks easily). But given that is the ONLY complaint we had, I'd say it gets 5 stars! My husband and I are already talking about coming back and we hope Andi and Joe will have us back!
We had a great time staying at Andi and Joe. They have a wonderful home near the city park and only 30 minutes from downtown with the streetcar.
We had a wonderful stay at Andi and Joe's place. They were very flexible with check in/out times. We arrived to a bunch of goodies--Cajun potato chips!--and everything we needed for a great stay. Our hosts were very thoughtful in providing extra toiletries, hair dryer, coffee, etc. The apartment was clean, nicely decorated, and exactly as described, with a porch leading down to the backyard that was a nice place to sit with coffee in the morning. The area is very pretty, with lots of interesting areas to walk through, and easy bus or trolley access to the French Quarter. Would definitely stay here again if I find myself back in New Orleans.
Hi! I am a born and bred New Orleanian who returned home last year after spending the last 10 years in Houston and New York. I brought my native New Yorker husband Joe and daughter Jane with me and we purchased our dream home in the lovely Mid City area. We are true bon vivants! We love living in New Orleans and trying out new places to eat and drink, and also love traveling with (and without!) our young daughter. As a couple, we have lived in New York City, Houston, and finally New Orleans. We look forward to sharing the best our city has to offer with you.