About this listing
28 Excellent reviews can't be wrong!
Come and see the best of New Orleans in this perfect Mid-City apartment! We relocated to New Orleans three years ago and purchased our dream home in the Mid-City area, just blocks away from City Park. Luckily, our century old home has a separate apartment space so we can share the best of New Orleans with visitors like you!
Our neighborhood features:
-Less than one block from the streetcar. Catch a 20 minute ride to the French Quarter for only $1.25 on a historic streetcar!
- Less than a 10 minute walk to City Park, including the New Orleans Museum of Art, Sculpture Garden, and miles of trails through the most beautiful park in the city
- Walking distance to the Jazz Festival Grounds (our main reason for wanting our house!!!)
- Several restaurants and bars within walking distance, including 2 restaurants and one bar less than a block away
- 3 blocks to historic Bayou St. John
- 10 minute cab ride to the French Quarter
- Safe and family friendly
Our apartment features:
- Open studio-type apartment with 2 separate rooms/sleeping areas (NOTE: the apartment is a shotgun style with no door between the two sleeping areas)
- 1 room with a queen sized bed, chair and a half, and cable TV
- 1/2 Bedroom with a twin bed
- Separate bathroom and kitchen
- Kitchen features full refrigerator, stove, microwave, coffee maker, and table/chairs
- Clawfoot bathtub/shower
- There is no separate TV/living room
- We live in the main house attached to the apartment, so we are readily available to answer any questions or help
- Apartment has a separate entrance for visitors, accessed on the side of the home
- Pets are welcome, but must be potty trained and not destructive
- For guests needing a laundry room, there is a laundromat less than a block away!
We look forward to having you visit!
- Backyard with patio and seating area
- Playset for small children
Interaction with Guests
Only as needed to answer questions or provide help
Other Things to Note
Our home is 3600 square feet and we occupy the main living quarters. The apartment is on the first floor and there is living area above the apartment. With high ceilings and wood floors, you may hear the pitter patter of our little one's feet from time to time, just as we can hear our guests if things get loud. We practice mutual respect with our guests and have never had an issue, but if you are looking for 100% peace and quiet at all times, this might not be the best apartment for you!
1. No-smoking inside .
2. Any extra guests not mentioned when booked will NOT be able to sleep in the apartment.
3. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order. Nothing wet (glasses, towels) to be set on wood directly
4.Only use appliances for their intended purposes.
5. Arrival and departure times should be sent via email at your earliest convenience after booking accommodation. We will try to accomodate requests for arrival/departure times
6. Lost or not returned keys will incur a $20 replacement charge (key, chain and inconvenience to replace)
7.Heavy partying reserved for French Quarter! Looking to host mature, respectful and considerate adults. Not boring...just considerate - respect our home like you would want others to in your home.
Hi! I am a born and bred New Orleanian who returned home last year after spending the last 10 years in Houston and New York. I brought my native New Yorker husband Joe and daughter Jane with me and we purchased our dream home in the lovely Mid City area. We are true bon vivants! We love living in New Orleans and trying out new places to eat and drink, and also love traveling with (and without!) our young daughter. As a couple, we have lived in New York City, Houston, and finally New Orleans. We look forward to sharing the best our city has to offer with you.