Come and see the best of New Orleans in this perfect Mid-City apartment! We relocated to New Orleans a year ago and purchased our dream home in the Mid-City area, just blocks away from City Park. Luckily, our century old home has a separate apartment space so we can share the best of New Orleans with visitors like you!
Our neighborhood features:
-Less than one block from the streetcar. Catch a 20 minute ride to the French Quarter for only $1.25 on a historic streetcar!
- Less than a 10 minute walk to City Park, including the New Orleans Museum of Art, Sculpture Garden, and miles of trails through the most beautiful park in the city
- Walking distance to the Jazz Festival Grounds (our main reason for wanting our house!!!)
- Several restaurants and bars within walking distance, including 2 restaurants and one bar less than a block away
- 3 blocks to historic Bayou St. John
- 10 minute cab ride to the French Quarter
- Safe and family friendly
Our apartment features:
- Open studio-type apartment with 2 separate rooms/sleeping areas
- 1 room with a queen sized bed, chair and a half, and cable TV
- 1/2 Bedroom with a futon/bunk bed
- Separate bathroom and kitchen
- Kitchen features full refrigerator, stove, microwave, coffee maker, and table/chairs
- Clawfoot bathtub/shower
- There is no separate TV/living room
- We live in the main house attached to the apartment, so we are readily available to answer any questions or help
- Apartment has a separate entrance for visitors, accessed on the side of the home
- Pets are welcome, but must be potty trained and not destructive
- For guests needing a laundry room, there is a laundromat less than a block away!
We look forward to having you visit!
Andi and Joe were very accommodating to let us check in a day early when we decided to cut our trip to Pensacola short. Their place was very nicely decorated and very clean. Street parking was more than ample, and the neighborhood felt very safe. Also, it was just a very short less than 1 minute walk to the street car, which we took to go all throughout New Orleans. We would definitely stay here again! Thanks!!
Great Hosts! Place was in good location for public transport. As advertised!
We chose this based primarily on location, and we are so happy we did! Close to everything without being "in the middle" of it all. The apartment is a great size for our family of three, and had everything we needed (even a playset in the backyard for our toddler!). Quiet, easy access, and adequate street parking.
This was the perfect base to explore and enjoy New Orleans - just a minute away from the streetcar which runs to the French Quarter and near to the City Park. Andi and Joe were welcoming - we had a 3am arrival and that wasn't a problem and the snacks and coffee left for us were greatly appreciated! The accommodation suited our group of three with all the modcons and nice touches with a nod to New Orleans. Highly recommended.
I spent a month with Andi & Joe and truly believe I could not have picked a better place to stay in New Orleans.
Their apartment has 13 foot hight ceilings and hardwood, not to mention a full kitchen. Every appliance worked and the entire apartment including the washroom got amazing natural light from big private windows. The entire properly and all entrances ways were well lighted at night and the are of Mid-City and their street is very safe at all hours. ( I walked around a lot by myself )
The home is surrounded by great restaurants, bars, and a grocery store. There was also a great ice cream shop and laundry mat around the corner all with very friendly people.
The street car is less than a minute away and for $ 1.25 it will take you directly to the French Quarter in less than 20 minutes.
I had an amazing experience learning about the culture and people of New Orleans and a recommend you choose Andi & Joe as part of your experience in the city. They really made me feel welcome and gave me my privacy while always being there if I needed them. Enjoy your trip :)
We had a wonderful stay at Andi and Joe's house. Joe met us and gave us a tour of the place as well as oriented us to the neighborhood. We appreciated that they had stocked the fridge with some 'essentials' before we arrived. They shared their recommendations for the city and even highlighted areas that they considered family friendly, as we were traveling with our son. We didn't bother renting a car, and had no problems using the streetcar/buses to get around everyday. The location was prefect and the house was just want we wanted. The hosts were available and quick to respond when we had questions, but didn't hover. It was a great experience!
This is a wonderful place. The apartment is very cosy and clean. It's nice to get to know a residential area, so quiet after the noise and party of Bourbon Street. The Streetcar is very close, and there are some nice options to eat.
The hosts were great. They had some things already stocked before we arrived. We also received plenty of good advice. The streetcar is a stones throw away and takes about 20-25 minutes to get down to the French Quarter for $1.25! There was plenty of street parking and the neighbourhood felt safe. We also walked over to nearby City Park, it was beautiful, be sure to check out the free sculpture garden. I would recommend a friend to stay here. Great mini vacation and great value. We had us and our infant during the stay. They had a pack and play set up for us! Thanks Andi and Joe.