Sunny, stylishly furnished one bedroom in-law apartment in beautiful Craftsman home with private garden entrance. Brand new kitchen stocked with new appliances, dishes and cookware, cozy living room and separate bedroom with queen bed, roomy closet and built-in office.
We are located in a lovely and quiet residential neighborhood with plenty of free street parking, just a couple blocks from some of the best things Oakland has to offer:
- Multiple hip and delicious restaurants and bars on Grand Avenue and Lakeshore
- Great coffee shops and bakeries
- Morcom Municipal Rose Garden
- Lake Merritt
- Historic Grand Lake Theater
- Ace Hardware
- Piedmont Ave
- Amazing Saturday Farmer's Market
- Yoga studios
- Trader Joe's (slightly longer walk)
- Not far from the cool Uptown District in Downtown Oakland
We are close to all major freeways and AC transit stops are just a block away on Grand Ave. BART is about a mile away.
WiFi is included.
We travel often and took our learnings from our favorite places we've stayed to make this space cozy and comfortable for travelers, tourists and guests. It has everything you could need for a fun and relaxing stay in Oakland.
There are four BART stations which are equidistant from our house, but we send all of our guests to the Rockridge BART which is a 10 minute drive away.
There are also AC Transit buses that run on Grand and Lakeshore, just a short walk from our house.
Other Things to Note
• Cleaning fee $110.00
• For stays longer than three weeks, we charge an additional $40/every two weeks to clean the unit, change the sheets and wash your linens. This can be paid upon booking or we will accept cash or check upon your arrival.
• Refundable Security Deposit $350.00
We work hard to keep our apartment looking clean and keep it in pristine condition, and we hope that you will treat it as if it were your own home.
• ABSOLUTELY NO SMOKING OR PETS ALLOWED IN THE UNIT OR ON THE PREMISES - if this is not followed, it will result in the loss of your deposit.
• NO BURNING INCENSE OR SAGE
• ONLY THE GUESTS MENTIONED WHEN BOOKING MAY STAY IN THE UNIT – UNLESS NEGOTIATED IN ADVANCE.
• DO NOT REMOVE ANYTHING FROM THE APARTMENT WITHOUT PRIOR APPROVAL.
• DO NOT DOWNLOAD ANYTHING ILLEGALLY). If we receive legal notices for fraudulent or unlawful use of the internet we will have to hold the deposit to prepare for legal action.
• We live in a quiet, safe neighborhood and expect our guests to be respectful of our neighbors.
By clicking on the book it button you agree to the following rental agreement:
RENTAL AGREEMENT Crofton Ave, Oakland, CA 94610: This Agreement is valid in addition to the rules and regulations stated on airbnb.com. By booking this apartment through airbnb you agree to the additional terms and conditions stated in this agreement. You especially agree that there will be no more than 2 people staying at the apartment and that only those people will be staying at the apartment which you listed in your booking inquiry.
airbnb places a hold on a $350 damage deposit. IF the following provisions are met, your damage deposit will be fully released to you after 48 hours of your departure:
• All keys were returned.
• No damage is done to the home or its contents.
• Only the registered renters have slept in the apartment.
• No parties happened at the apartment.
• No linens or household items are missing.
• No bath towels were used outside of the home.
• Apartment has not been smoked in.
• No pets were brought to the house.
• Apartment is in acceptably clean condition that doesn't require additional cleaning/laundering hours on top of the regular end of stay cleaning.
When you arrive, the home will be clean and set up with towels and linens. If keys are lost or stolen, rekeying cost may be deducted as well. Guests who bring a pet or pets without approval will forfeit their security deposit and may be evicted from the property. This is a non-smoking home and property. Any violation of the smoking policy will forfeit your deposit. No children allowed in the home or on the premises. The Owner shall provide utilities, furniture and fixtures, linens and towels (no beach towels provided). Checkout time is no later than noon the day you are scheduled to leave. We must be able to enter the home at noon. If you do not vacate the premises on time, you will be charged for one (1) additional night‘s stay.
• Empty all the garbage cans, recycling and compost in the outside bins
• Clean all your dishes and put them all away
• If you use the extra blanket, please leave it on the bed so that we know to wash it for the next guest
• Put all dirty towels in the hamper. Please be reasonable with your use of towels, bedding and linens.
• Take out any perishable food in the fridge (we are ok with you leaving condiments behind or containers of food or beverages that have not been opened)
• Before leaving make sure all doors and windows are shut.
• Drop the key in the mail slot next to our front door after you lock the door and leave.
• We will not be liable or responsible for personal items left behind, lost or stolen. If you leave an item after checking out and wish to have it returned, call us as soon as possible and we will arrange for shipment. We will inform you of the shipping cost and with your approval, deduct it from your deposit refund to cover the expense. If cleaning charges exceed the regular $110 cleaning bill the additional charges will be deducted from your deposit.
Renters who exceed the occupancy limit and falsify occupancy information at the time of reservation are subject to eviction. House parties, events and large gatherings are strictly prohibited and grounds for immediate eviction. Tenant acknowledges any loss and/or damage to the house will result in a charge for replacement value to tenant’s credit card, or if tenant is paying by check tenant will promptly submit the moneys due. Tenant agrees to indemnify and save Owner harmless from all liability, loss or damage arising from any nuisance or harm made or suffered on the leased premises by tenant, guests or invitees. Also from any carelessness, neglect, or improper conduct of any persons entering, occupying or visiting the apartment or premises. Owner shall not be liable to Tenant, Tenant’s guests, licenses or invitees or any other person for any injury, loss or damage to any person or property on or about the premises. Tenant shall hold Owner and Managers harmless and indemnified from and against all loss, injury or damage occasioned by the use or misuse or abuse of any part of the premises, and from or against any omission, neglect, or default of Tenant, his guests, licensees or invitees. Illegal substances and weapons on the premises are strictly prohibited and grounds for immediate eviction. If a personal check is returned to us for non-sufficient funds, you will be charged the amount levied by the bank for NSF charges. Any exceptions to the rules and regulations as written here, must be approved in writing in advance. Rates, terms and conditions are subject to change without notice. I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THE RULES AND REGULATIONS. I CERTIFY THAT I WILL BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CARE OF THIS PROPERTY BEING RENTED UNDER MY NAME. I ALSO CERTIFY THAT THERE WILL BE NO OTHER OCCUPANTS OF THE HOUSE OTHER THAN THE ONES DECLARED TO MY HOST. NO EVENTS OR PARTIES WILL BE CELEBRATED AT THE HOUSE. I ACCEPT FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR DAMAGES OR EXTRA CLEANING CHARGES, SHOULD THEY BE DISCOVERED DURING OR AFTER DEPARTURE.
We had a very comfortable 3-night stay at Amy and Jeph's place. The apartment is very much like the photos, and very thoughtfully outfitted with everything we needed. It was quite clean, the bed was very comfortable, and it is nice and quiet!
We also enjoyed walking down to Grand Ave. for the restaurants and shopping.
Beautiful home and garden. Quiet and relaxing retreat. The flat is modern, renovated, super clean and well equipped. Great neighborhood! Highly recommend.
The apartment was very comfortable and clean in a nice garden setting. There was great attention to detail and stylish modern design with a retro feel. It was a perfect location and situation for me to visit my one month old grand daughter in the area. I hope to be able to stay here again soon.
Amy and Jeph's place was exactly as described and very clean. It suited us, especially after being out all day to come back and just relax and fix a small meal. Very quiet, nice neighborhood which we walked nightly to counteract the food and wines we had during the day.
Tried lots of Amy's suggestions for places to eat/drink etc but there is one extra we can recommend. Take the Oakland ferry to San Fran Ferry Bldg. Free validated parking just across from Jack London square, few min walk to the departure pier and a lovely half hour trip to the other side. And the plus is the Ferry Bldg.... farm to table producers, lovely restaurants and a couple we can recommend are La Mar,Peruvian and fantastic cerbiche (Jeph puts us onto this one), and Boulettes Larder.
Overall a fantastic stay at Amy & Jeph's.
The hosts were very complete in the description of the space. We loved the thoughtful design, well supplied kitchen and bright space. The neighborhood is quiet, clean and an easy walk to restaurants and shops. We hope to return next year when we visit our daughter again.
I had a great stay at Amy and Jeph's Studio! I was in the bay area on a 5 day business trip and this place worked out perfect, would take it anytime over a hotel room. The space was exactly as described, super clean, private, cozy and spent a few nights cooking in after a long day while watching a few selections out of their DVD collection. Will stay again next time in area!
Amy and Jeph's apartment is a definite find and I will be using it again! It is exactly as described and pictured. The apartment was spotless and very comfortable. Amy and Jeph included a binder of helpful information about the neighborhood. There are many fun restaurants, bars, shops, Lake Merritt and even a farmers market walking distance from the apartment. They are off the main street, so the apartment was nice and quiet at night. The unit has a full working kitchen and Amy and Jeph were sweet enough to leave some kitchen essentials like coffee! I was excited to see a full walk-in closet to keep our bags and belongings out of the way. I definitely recommend this rental!
We are a married couple that are recent transplants to Oakland and we love it here.
Jeph is a camera assistant in the motion picture industry and Amy works in advertising.
We love to travel and are little obsessive about music.