About this listing
We absolutely love our home—a 1920's depression era raised basement double. You’ll be renting part of our home, which includes a 1200 sq. ft. 3 bedroom/1 bath apartment. There is one master bedroom with one queen bed and one children's bedroom with a crib. There is also one extra (non-private) bedroom with a bunk bed.
Our house is in a great, central location in the heart of the Freret corridor. It’s within walking distance to the parade route, Magazine Street shopping, and the St. Charles streetcar line. It’s steps away from Freret bus line, a cute coffee shop, and an art gallery. Some of my favorite restaurants and bars nearby include Cure, Ancora, Highhat, and The Company Burger. It’s also close to both Tulane and Loyola - perfect for you parents visiting your kiddos attending the nearby universities.
Your space includes:
- Full kitchen with a refrigerator, gas stove, dishwasher, microwave, and toaster
- 1 bedroom with a queen bed
- 1 child's bedroom with a crib
- 1 child's room with a bunk bed (two twin mattresses)
-Refinished hardwood floors
- Adorable covered porch with a private entrance
- Central air and heat
- Ceiling fans
- LCD HDTV
- Old historic claw foot bathtub (perfect for soaking after a long day in the Quarter!)
-Since we have young children, we can potentially provide our guests with strollers and other baby-related items. Make sure to discuss your needs with us in advance.
Interaction with guests
We'll be around to help if needed-- but don't mind giving you privacy if that's what is desired!
Other things to note
Because we provide space, bedding, and other related items for children, please make sure to include them in the total number of guests when requesting a reservation. The rate varies based on the number of guests staying at our home.
Seeking guests to comply with basic norms of peaceful, respectful, communal behavior. By making a deposit, you are agreeing to all terms & conditions, as outlined here.
1. No-smoking on the property.
2. Extra guests are not welcome. Anyone other than the guest booking may not be admitted to the property at any time.
3. The property is a private residence; the homeowner is not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occur while on the premises or its facilities. The homeowner is not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that the guest is expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premises.
4. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order.
5. Only use appliances for their intended purposes.
6. Guest agrees not to download any unlawful content from the internet while using the wifi provided by the Homeowner.
7. Check-in after 4 pm & Check-out before 11 am.
8. Lost keys incur a $55 surcharge if the lock needs to be replaced.
9. No loud parties late at night. The neighborhood consists of many families, and you'll be staying next door to the owners of this house.
My husband and I are both ceramic teachers, artists, and entrepreneurs. We have two children. We enjoy cooking (or at least my husband does-- I enjoy the eating aspect), watching movies, and occasionally going out for an old-fashioned or two. We love plants and finally got around to building a chicken coop in our back yard. If we're not teaching or making sculpture/pottery, it seems like we're always doing some sort of a home-improvement project. We love New Orleans and don't travel a whole lot. Luckily there seems to always be a party in our town, so we don't have to go far to find fun (-: