About this listing
La Casa Volante is a nice and new Hostel, located in a restored big house. We offer comfortable private rooms and well thought-out and big common areas; our walls have murals painted by artists from different countries and the house is surrounded by windowed walkways that allow you to enjoy the Valparaiso scenery. Also, we have an increasing recycling policy and we love our neighborhood life.
We offer good accommodations to enjoy your time in Valparaiso, even on a low budget!
We have a variety of spacious private and shared room types: 2 Dorms, 4 Doubles, 2 Twins, 1 Triple . All of them have reading lights, wifi, and bed linen & towels are included. Our house have 2 spacious shared bathrooms, 1 fully equipped kitchen and a big living-dinner-lounge room of 50 square meters, with cable tv, internet-wifi, book exchange and touristic information.
We are located in the best area of this amazing city. Our neighborhood is the historical Cerro Concepcion, and is a hill protected by UNESCO, full of beautiful houses, viewing points, street art, restaurants, cafes, shops, galleries, bars and clubs.
You will also be steps away from banks, beaches, the port, the green market and the greatest funiculars (elevators), typical of Valparaíso. In fact, to tour around our neighborhood you can use 3 of the most typical funiculars: Concepcion, El Peral y Reina Victoria.
"La Sebastiana", the famous house-museum of Pablo Neruda is located at walking distance.
From Airport (SCL):
From the airport you can take a bus or transfer to “pajaritos” bus terminal. Here you can take a bus (Pullman or Turbus are the best) to Valparaiso, the trip should last 90 min. This costs no more than $6000 CLP (15 dollars), it is better to pay in Chilean pesos. Tip: change only a few dollars at the airport because there trade is higher.
From Valparaiso Bus Terminal:
By Bus ($450 CLP):
From the bus terminal you can take any local bus or “micro” on Pedro Montt Avenue with a sign that says “Puerto” or “Aduana”. Ask the driver to let you know when you are at Urriola Street, where the Shell gas station is, and get off there. Then from Urriola St. walk up the hill about 2 blocks. The first stairway on your left is Fischer (the steps are painted with colours) . Take that stairway and you will find the hostel on your left. Is the house with the hanging garden (Fischer 27). Welcome!
By Taxi ($ (phone number hidden) CLP):
Take a taxi to the corner of Pasaje Fischer and Urriola Street, in Cerro Concepción. Then go up Fischer Stairway (the steps are painted with colours). You will find the hostel on your left. Is the house with the hanging garden (Fischer 27). Welcome!
Políticas del Hostal / Hostel Policies
- Nota: Todas las habitaciones son self-catering y sin desayuno incluído, Si está incluido el servicio de té, café y frutas de libre disposición las 24 hrs. / All rooms are self-catering and without breakfast. The coffee, tea and free fruits service (24 hrs) is included.
- check-in: 14:00 hrs. / check-out: 12:00 hrs.
- Fechas especiales, como año nuevo, navidad y semana santa y otras a definir por la administración, pueden tener tarifas distintas. Por favor consultar. / Special dates, like New Year’s Eve, Christmas and Estern hollidays could have different rates. Please consult.
- Tarifas no incluyen IVA, que solo se cobra a residentes en Chile / Rates do not include IVA, which is charged to Chilean residents only
- No se admiten mascotas / no pets allowed
- Casa de No fumadores / No smoking house
- NIÑOS / KIDS: Niños/as de hasta 3 años no pagan tarifa, pero deberán dormir en las camas de adultos. Si se desea cama extra, se deberá consultar por disponibilidad y pagar el 100% de la tarifa extra adultos. Niños/as desde 4 años pagan el 100% de la tarifa adulta. Se debe consultar por anticipado al hostal por disponibilidad de cama extra si es que no lo consideraron en la reserva (por ejemplo, si se reserva una habitación doble y son 2 + 1 niño/a). Si no se consulta por anticipado y no hay disponibilidad de cama extra, se deberá pagar el 70% de la tarifa extra adultos. / - Kids untill 3 years old have free rate, but must sleep in adult beds. If you need an extra bed should be consulted for availability and pay 100% of the adults extra rate. Kids since 4 years old pay 100% of the adults extra rate. Should be consulted in advance to the hostel about availability of extra bed if is not considered in the booking (for example: if you book a double room and are 2 adults + 1 child). If you not consult in advance and there is no extra bed available, you must pay 70% of adults extra rate.
- POLITICA DE CANCELACION / CANCELATION POLICY: Clientes pueden cancelar o modificar sus reservas hasta 48 horas antes de la fecha de llegada (hora chilena) sin cargo. Si lo hacen después de ese plazo, se les cobrará el 100% del importe total reservado de una noche. / Customers can cancel or modify their reservation up to 48 hours before arrival (local time) without charges. After that, we’ll charge the 100% of the total amount reserved per one night.
- Cobro por NO PRESENTACION: 1 noche en la tarifa contratada. / NO SHOW charge: 1 night in selected rate.