A full T3, 2 bedrooms and large living room.
Very quiet and bright.
300m from the train station, in the heart of the city, all shops in the mall.
Restaurants, government offices, cinema 100m.
Kitchen, hob, dishwasher, freezer ...
1 two-person bed.
2 twin beds.
TV, free WIFI.
Garage available (surcharge).
No pets please.
From the train station : walk straight in the pedestrian street.
At DDP store, turn left, you're there!
By airplane : the shuttle will take you to the train station.
It is a great place to stay in Carcassonne. Near station and river, everything you need close by. You can walk to all sightseeings without problems. The apartment is very clean and calm. The mattress in the bedroom is comfortable, modern kitchen with everything. Bathroom: for a shower you have to sit in the bathtub but everything clean. And it was nice to meet Fabien, easy to communicate with him. I enjoyed being there.
absolutely fantastic apartment in a great location in carcassonne- clean, friendly and considerate hosts, and quiet. we had a fantastic night stay and felt very welcome, thank you fabien!
Although we had a dreadfull delay and arrived hours later than we agreed, Fabien welcomed us very friendly and told us everything we needed to know. The appartment is very close to the railway station and in the centre of Carcassonne; a good location! Fabien, thank you!
We had a great stay at Fabien's apartment for our 3 night trip to Carcassonne. The location is perfect: A couple of steps from the main shopping street, very close to the train station, and a comfortable 15-20 minute walk to the medieval cité. The apartment is bright, spacious and a great value for money. Fabien and his wife were very friendly. Thank you!
1. this apartment has access to a garage - essential in this vicinity if you are travelling by car, as the streets are very narrow, on-street parking almost impossible and the area seems a bit seedy at night.
2. The apartment is roomy and, being on the top floor, is bright.
1. The kitchen is very poorly equipped, with no cooking facilities other than a 2-burner hob and an odd mix of cutlery and crockery. Only 2 mugs (one of which is chipped) for a flat for 4 people, for example. And 2 folding chairs in the cupboard on the landing.
2. The bathroom is badly planned - the bath being positioned under the lowest part of the sloping ceiling meant you could only shower sitting or kneeling in the bath, while bathing was not an option either as there was no bath plug, and anyway, the small-size hot water tank is totally inadequate for the purpose.
3. The furniture, especially in the living room, was reminiscent of stuff from a student bedsit - dirty and worn-out. The cream faux-leather sofa was ripped on the arms and corners, having been (I presume) abused by a cat over a long period. The IKEA chairs were grubby and sagging, and needed repaired - at least one screw holding the seat in place was sticking out by about 2". The sisal matting throughout was lumpy, fraying at the edges and a bit smelly, as that stuff tends to be. (Most likely the smell of urine mentioned in an earlier review)
4. The bed was ridiculously hard - I could only manage to sleep for a maximum of 3 hours a night on it!
5. The whole place is badly in need of redecoration; for example, the rather steep staircase up to the front door was coated in something grey and soft - like foam-backed carpet which had been glued on, had been removed leaving a thin coating of the foam backing in place.
Other than that, no complaints! Didn't actually meet Fabian so can't comment there - we were shown round (rather hurriedly, we thought), by his wife/partner...
If reliving the student bedsit experience is your thing, then this is the place for you. Otherwise - no! This could be a lovely apartment, but it would need quite a bit of TLC.
7 plates, 4 bowls, 2 mugs, 3 cups, 4 wine glasses, 10 glasses, pitcher, bowl, 2 stoves, 1 wok, 2 pots, 1 colander, 8 large spoons, 10 forks, 12 knives, 13 spoons, 1 coffee, 1 kettle, 7 utensils (ladles, ...), a large 3-ceramic hob upscale, a dishwasher, a family fridge freezer, 4 folding chairs, 2 armchairs... we should not speak of the same apartment. Sorry, I don't understand why you need to lie.
The sofa is not an imitation but a full-grain leather premium. It was damaged by cats, yes.
You confuse the smell of sisal with urine, not good for your future.
The sisal is out of order, yes I have to change it soon.
The hard bed, sorry no bed can not please everyone, you've seen the number of mattresses of different firmness on the market? Previously other guests told "too soft" ... I tested and found good.
I repaired the chair, in fact there were three turns of the screw to give, thank you!
Student experience, wow! If you have this comfort in your student studio, you were very lucky!
Good clean and tidy apartment, ideally situated from the train station. Great for a couple or even a family. 15 min walk to medievil city, which by the way is amazing!!! Thank you...
Great apartment. Lots of room and Fabien was a great help. Window coverings and different floor coverings would help. The floors were covered with a straw mat fabric that had a mowed hay smell. Overall a good stay in Carcassonne.
We enjoyed our stay at Fabien's apartment. It was very convenient and easily accessible, close to the train station and the airport bus. It was as it had been described and would definitely recommend it to my friends. We ate out mostly and would like to recommend 2 restaurants in particular; Le Cathare, a traditional French Restaurant and "Trattoria La Cantinella" close to the Post office a small Italian Restaurant.
For me, this was an ideal place to stay - and at an amazingly good price. You would need to be in good health - there are 35 pretty steep steps up to the flat, and the Cite is about a 15 minute walk away. Also as others have mentioned, the bathroom is the one drawback, you need to be a bath rather than a shower person and to remember to duck as you enter it! However I much preferred being in the town centre, very near the station and a supermarket, and the sitting room and bedrooms (one with a double and the other with bunk beds) were plenty big enough for a family of four to stay there without tripping over each other. Fabien was a brilliant 'host', very accommodating and helpful, and so despite the less than fabulous weather, my mother and I managed to have a lovely weekend in Carcassonne. Highly recommended.
Good relation between price and quality. Well located in the bastide. The bathroom is not too good for tall people but for this price, what else can be asked?
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.