About this listing
This is a basement (underground) apartment is located in the cellar of Palazzo San Pawl. It has a large kitchen, a separate bedroom, living room & bathroom. Free wifi is available and the elevator opens up directly in the apartment.
The Lascaris apartment-suite, named after a Grandmaster of the Knights of Malta, is located in the basement of Palazzo San Pawl and it has been stylishly converted into a fully independent apartment.
The Lascaris Suite is a charming apartment in the basement (no windows) of the building with loads of character - and one can see all the exposed stonework. It consists of a large living room, a bedroom with a double bed and a separate modern bathroom, with a large walk-in shower. The access to the separate kitchen is very spacious and has 2 skylights which give quite a lot of natural light
The kitchen is equipped with a free-standing fridge-freezer, microwave, toaster, electric kettle, electric oven, two hot plates, and a sink. All the necessary pots, pans, and cooking utensils are also provided.
Kindly note that access between the rooms in the apartment is quite low, due to the natural stone archways, so persons taller than 170cm will need to lower their heads when passing between one room and another.
The apartment is heated in Winter and is very cool in Summer though we also do supply standing fans, cable TV with a 32-inch flat screen TV, and wifi. A double sofa bed in the living room can provide additional accommodation for an extra two persons.
Palazzo San Pawl is a unique 17th century building originally built by the Knights of Malta. It has been very carefully and lovingly restored to its original splendour and old world charm in keeping with and enhancing all its original features.
Palazzo San Pawl is synonymous to living in an open air museum, perfect for culture seekers who would truly like to discover this small but magnificent cosmopolitan peninsular city steeped in history where everything is within walking distance.
Guests have their own private apartment-suite in a quiet area which is close to all amenities.
Interaction with Guests
I am just a call away and ready to answer all your questions about the apartment and our beautiful Maltese islands.
A detailed check-in and check-out will be carried out by myself or my colleagues.
It is a pleasure for me to be of any kind of assistance.
In addition, the property owners reside in the upper quarters of Palazzo San Pawl.
Palazzo San Pawl is centrally located within the bastion walls of Valletta, barely a 100m from St John's co-Cathedral housing the biggest masterpiece by Michelangelo Merisi da Caravaggio, which is the epicentre of our UNESCO World Heritage City.
The neighbourhood is full of life, from the local grocery store (that is the size of the doorway) to some of Malta's prime shopping outlets, which are all within a five minute walk.
Local eateries include some of Malta's top restaurant and one does not need to venture far for a five star dining experience.
Malta's main bus terminus is five minutes walk away, whilst the ferry service to the Three Cities or Sliema is 10 minutes walk away.
Other Things to Note
Linen and towels are provided.
Welcome pack is provided on arrival.
Not suitable for children (under the age of 12).
- Smoking is strictly NOT ALLOWED in Palazzo San Pawl. Not complying will lead to a 250€ fine.
- People other than those in the Guest party mentioned above may not stay overnight in the property without prior permission from Palazzo San Pawl. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest.
- Palazzo San Pawl is not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities.
- Palazzo San Pawl is not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
- To keep the property and all furnishings in good order.
- The apartment-suite must be surrendered to us in a normal state of cleanliness. If not, extra cleaning fees may apply (50€). Disposing of the garbage and washing the dishes is considered a courtesy.
- Only use appliances for their intended uses.
- Pets are only allowed with prior consultation.
- Water and septic: No feminine products should be flushed at any time. If it is found that feminine products have been flushed and clog the septic system, you will be charged for the cost of the repairs.
- Noise: No loud noise 20:00, do not make any noise above room level after 22:00 especially in the common areas, this includes speaking and laughing at a normal level in groups.
- Please acknowledge the neighbours' right for peace, quiet and respect.
- Energy conservation: please conserve energy, in particular turn off lights and devices when you leave the property.
- Garbage: please separate garbage in 3 categories: paper, metal & plastic in the blue bin, glass (bags supplied) and everything else(black bags). The black garbage bags if full can be left by the front door as they cannot be put outside before 3pm.
- Lock the doors: the insurance doesn't take anything in charge in case of burglary with unlocked doors. Kindly note that all keys have been tested and work smoothly.
- Kindly note that not complying to the rental and house rules might, in certain cases, lead to an immediate termination of the rental agreement on our part without any refund (plain English: eviction).
I am from Malta, though have lived in several other countries. I work in the medical field and have various hobbies including clay sculpting, painting and reading.