About This Listing
This is a basement (underground) apartment is located in the cellar of Palazzo San Pawl. It has a large kitchen, a separate bedroom, living room & bathroom. Free wifi is available and the elevator opens up directly in the apartment.
The Lascaris apartment-suite, named after a Grandmaster of the Knights of Malta, is located in the basement of Palazzo San Pawl and it has been stylishly converted into a fully independent apartment.
The Lascaris Suite is a charming apartment in the basement (no windows) of the building with loads of character - and one can see all the exposed stonework. It consists of a large living room, a bedroom with a double bed and a separate modern bathroom, with a large walk-in shower. The access to the separate kitchen is very spacious and has 2 skylights which give quite a lot of natural light
The kitchen is equipped with a free-standing fridge-freezer, microwave, toaster, electric kettle, electric oven, two hot plates, and a sink. All the necessary pots, pans, and cooking utensils are also provided.
Kindly note that access between the rooms in the apartment is quite low, due to the natural stone archways, so persons taller than 170cm will need to lower their heads when passing between one room and another.
The apartment is heated in Winter and is very cool in Summer though we also do supply standing fans, cable TV with a 32-inch flat screen TV, and wifi. A double sofa bed in the living room can provide additional accommodation for an extra two persons.
Palazzo San Pawl is a unique 17th century building originally built by the Knights of Malta. It has been very carefully and lovingly restored to its original splendour and old world charm in keeping with and enhancing all its original features.
Palazzo San Pawl is synonymous to living in an open air museum, perfect for culture seekers who would truly like to discover this small but magnificent cosmopolitan peninsular city steeped in history where everything is within walking distance.
Guests have their own private apartment-suite in a quiet area which is close to all amenities.
Interaction with Guests
I am just a call away and ready to answer all your questions about the apartment and our beautiful Maltese islands.
A detailed check-in and check-out will be carried out by myself or my colleagues.
It is a pleasure for me to be of any kind of assistance.
In addition, the property owners reside in the upper quarters of Palazzo San Pawl.
It is great residing in the centre of Valletta, one reside here for a whole week relaxing and not leaving the environs of the city by going to the outdoor cafes' & restaurants, soaking in the sun, walking along the quaint streets, and visiting the numerous attractions!
Palazzo San Pawl is centrally located within the bastion walls of Valletta, barely a 100m from St John's co-Cathedral housing the biggest masterpiece by Michelangelo Merisi da Caravaggio, which is the epicentre of our UNESCO World Heritage City.
The neighbourhood is full of life, from the local grocery store (that is the size of the doorway) to some of Malta's prime shopping outlets, which are all within a five minute walk.
Local eateries include some of Malta's top restaurant and one does not need to venture far for a five star dining experience.
Malta's main bus terminus is five minutes walk away, whilst the ferry service to the Three Cities or Sliema is 10 minutes walk away.
Other Things to Note
Linen and towels are provided.
Welcome pack is provided on arrival.
- Smoking is strictly NOT ALLOWED in Palazzo San Pawl. Not complying will lead to a 250€ fine.
- People other than those in the Guest party mentioned above may not stay overnight in the property without prior permission from Palazzo San Pawl. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest.
- Palazzo San Pawl is not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities.
- Palazzo San Pawl is not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
- To keep the property and all furnishings in good order.
- The apartment-suite must be surrendered to us in a normal state of cleanliness. If not, extra cleaning fees may apply (50€). Disposing of the garbage and washing the dishes is considered a courtesy.
- Only use appliances for their intended uses.
- Pets are only allowed with prior consultation.
- Water and septic: No feminine products should be flushed at any time. If it is found that feminine products have been flushed and clog the septic system, you will be charged for the cost of the repairs.
- Noise: No loud noise 20:00, do not make any noise above room level after 22:00 especially in the common areas, this includes speaking and laughing at a normal level in groups.
- Please acknowledge the neighbours' right for peace, quiet and respect.
- Energy conservation: please conserve energy, in particular turn off lights and devices when you leave the property.
- Garbage: please separate garbage in 3 categories: paper, metal & plastic in the blue bin, glass (bags supplied) and everything else(black bags). The black garbage bags if full can be left by the front door as they cannot be put outside before 3pm.
- Lock the doors: the insurance doesn't take anything in charge in case of burglary with unlocked doors. Kindly note that all keys have been tested and work smoothly.
- Kindly note that not complying to the rental and house rules might, in certain cases, lead to an immediate termination of the rental agreement on our part without any refund (plain English: eviction).
My husband and I travelled to Malta as part of our honeymoon. This was our first trip to Malta and Norman and Thomas made us feel very welcome.
The apartment is very nice inside and beatifully decorated (just like the pictures) and was perfect for the two of us! It's also in such a great location in Valletta - a 5 minute walk from all the Valletta attractions and public transport.
We really enjoyed our time in Malta! Thank you for making us feel so welcome!
The apartment is located in a beautiful palazzo in the heart of Valletta, carefully restored by its owners to a very high standard. Meticulously selected furniture, paintings, and plants create a unique and wonderful space, and the view from the roof terrace on the Grand Harbour is simply breathtaking! The flat has anything a traveler might need: a coffee maker, toaster, crockery, cutlery.. you name it. The owners have thought of and provided everything necessary.
We had a wonderful and relaxing vacation and can sincerely recommend this host to anyone looking for a quiet holiday in Malta. Many thanks to Norman, Michael and Thomas for having us and making our stay in Valletta an unforgettable experience!
The location of this suite is perfect - just off the 'main drag' of Valletta as it were but still within easy reach of the shops, cafes, restaurants, cultural attractions and bus station.
We were met by Simone and shown around, and were given the welcome hamper that other reviewers have mentioned (this was perfect as there aren't any standard supermarkets in Valletta itself). We bumped into Norman later in the week as well but since everything was perfect we didn't have much further to discuss!
It's so easy to sleep in, in the Lascaris suite, due it being so cool and dark when the lights are off. I wouldn't hesitate to go back!
第一次到馬耳他，本来习惯用的booking.com在瓦莱塔的hotel選擇不多，直到在air bnb找到到這家住處開始决定試試air bnb的服務。这里提供的资料很详细，只是有点担心密闭式的空间会不会很有压迫感？ 结果连续在这儿住了八个晚上，心得是，房间干净有格调，方便舒适。很由衷的感谢你们的专业跟贴心，为初到埠的我提供了所有的基本需要，让我完全无后顾之忧的享受马耳他的美景，也在这里经历了许多的美好。唯一跟住hotel比较不一样的地方是如果有事要直接联系房东的话，打电话用国际漫游比较贵，用电子邮件比较不直接。
We were really astonished when we entered the flat! The whole building is history-breathing an classy, the roof terrace offers and incomparable view on the "Three Cities". We'll definitely have good memories of our stay in Malta. Norman was very welcoming and waited for us, even though our flight arrived very late, and was any time available when we needed help. Thanks Norman, we had an unforgettable stay which made us forget about the unusually rainy weather.
The Lascaris suite is a great place to spend a quiet weekend, and get some amazing sleep. Norman was very helpful throughout, I'd highly recommend it for anyone.
Normans partner met us exactly at the planned arrival time..showed us through the property and suggested local sights...the apartment was much better than expected.extremely high standard..beautifully presented with high class fittings and very high standard of cleanliness...felt totally welcomed and was very impressed....the location is the best in Malta...2 minute walk to main square but also quiet...the apartment is a destination in itself...there are also other apartments available in the same building th
rough same owner to accomodate different needs and budgets..all represent very good value
This host has 20 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews