About this listing
ONE-NIGHT STAYS PERMITTED FOR SELECT DATES ONLY. Inquire before booking. PARADISE ON THE SAND: Bedroom Suite in SHARED 3-bedroom home with private balcony, deluxe bedding, door lock, coffee/tea, mini frig, Bikes, Surfboards, Tiki Bar, Shared kitchen, Sand patio, Beach towels, Portable Beach chairs, BBQ, Detailed Guide Book/Home Manual. Walk to shops & bars. * SEE ALL 4 BEACH RENTALS at same location. Find links at BOTTOM OF PROFILE PAGE.
I have SEVERAL BEACH RENTALS. If you can't find availability in one of them please inquire about the others and I might be able to get you a discounted rate. ALL my rentals are uniquely designed with my trademark tropical bamboo style and situated next to each other which is ideal for larger groups, families, bridal parties seeking additional accommodations. Please go to the bottom of my PROFILE page for links to the other listings.
Step into your bedroom and you will find the ocean right in front of you. The view is quite spectacular and breathtaking. This is a large, very private, bedroom suite on the second floor of a SHARED 3-bedroom townhouse on the beach front. 2 bedroom suites are for rent and the third is maintained by your host. This bedroom is located on the 2nd floor across the hall from the bedroom of your host. The bathroom is in the hallways and is SHARED (with your host) but she is a late sleeper and ALWAYS give bathroom priority (and as much privacy as possible) to her guests. You will rarely see or hear one another come and go. Each room has a SOLID bedroom door + carpet and the sounds of the ocean waves cushions any noise. We rarely hear one another and your balcony with ocean view is all yours. This is the closest thing to a private rental you will find at this price, in this location with all these amenities. I keep the price as low as possible to make it easier for everyone to enjoy this unique travel experience. I have not raised my rates in many years and because of this I have many repeat guests who reserve many months in advance. However, rates during winter and summer may vary.
Your (16'x14) Oceanfront bedroom suite INCLUDES:
- Private balcony overlooking the ocean with spectacular ocean view
- Mini kitchenette w/ Frig, Microwave, Coffeemaker with COMPLIMENTARY FREE: bottled water, coffee, teas to get your started your first day.
- NEW deluxe mattress w/NEW 600ct. Egyptian cotton bedsheets, down pillows,
- Massive closet, (tons of storage space. Enough for two people),
- Private Parking
- Wireless internet, (take your laptop on the sand!)
- Large SHARED BATHROOM (shared with your host when she is at home). Bathroom is large and very clean and guests are always given first priority to use (if you read the reviews you will see the bathroom has never been an issue).
- Boogie boards
- Coin Laundry
This rental is METICULOUSLY cleaned in between each and every renter. Our fine bedsheets are pressed and every nook and cranny is scrubbed clean as one might find in a 5-star luxury hotel. This is a very unique and popular rental so I am often booked many months in advance. EVERYTHING is as PRISTINE so be prepared to be fully pampered. The home is very clean and tidy, well designed and comfy. I enjoy pampering my housemates so you will also receive a WELCOME KIT w/home operation information, maps, restaurant suggestions, entertainment, sightseeing info and more. As I have many foreign travelers things are well labeled with the hopes of making your stay easier and more carefree but feel free to ask me anything.
Each room has a fan and ocean breezes with windows open provide a nice cool climate. Very few places around the beach area here have air conditioning because we just don't need it when you're living at the ocean. California is adjacent to the desert so we have a very "dry" climate with NO humidity. This means we don't feel the cold in the winter and we don't feel the heat in the summer. The climate is basically the same all year around. It's the best part of Southern California.
Please feel free to enjoy the entire home. Don't feel you need to be confined to your bedrooms.
- Kitchen w/all appliances,
- Bamboo Tiki Bar Dining bar
- Living room w/ gas and wood burning fireplace,
- Large flat screen T.V., surround sound and turntable stereo
- Our sand beachfront patio w/sunbathing lounge chairs, dining table with umbrella, BBQ and more.....
LATE CHECK-IN? No problem. You may check in ANYTIME after 3:00 pm. The keys will be left in a "secret spot". You will receive this information after your reservations has been confirmed. PLEASE INSTALL THE AIRBNB APP TO YOUR MOBIL PHONE and TABLET, TURN "ON" MESSAGE ALERTS & NOTIFICATIONS, then GO TO YOUR INBOX FOR CHECK-IN INSTRUCTIONS & ALL COMMUNICATIONS. Please Note: Text message pop up alerts will ONLY display the first few lines of text. The ENTIRE message can ONLY be read on the Airbnb website in your INBOX (located at the bottom right side of the home page on the mobile app, or top corner on the desktop titled MESSAGES).
Your privacy and comfort is my main concern. Come and go as you please. I pride myself in giving my guests as much privacy as possible and I am often not at home. Your room is private and we respect your privacy. No one will be entering into your space. This is a peaceful sanctuary designed with relaxation in mind. Loud parties are not permitted. The home and the neighborhood are both very safe. Please feel free to also enjoy the shared common areas such as the kitchen, living room with fireplace, flat screen TV, comfy sectional couch, Bamboo Dining Bar or our tropical sand, beachfront patio! For whatever reason it seems the common areas are always available for guests when they want it. Must be that divine intervention.
Feel free to text me anytime should you have any questions about anything. My guests are my priority to don't hesitate to ask any questions.
Interaction with guests
Typically I like to greet my housemates when they arrive (if I'm able to) and give a quick tutorial of the home. However if you arrive late or I'm not here to greet you NO PROBLEM. The keys will be left for you in a secret spot. There is an extensive HOME MANUAL/GUIDEBOOK in your room with all the FAQ's, such as internet log in, and how to operate the TV, stove and any other appliances, restaurant recommendations, maps, pictures etc...
There is an additional room for rent downstairs so you may cross paths with the other housemate. I do my best to make introductions but if I am not here please introduce yourselves to one another. I am very selective about the people I choose to rent to and ask everyone to complete the identity verification process before accepting you. I typically trust my intuition and I have been very fortunate to have had the most wonderful, respectful, people stay with me who cherish the beach as much as I do. Many of my housemates end up becoming long life friends. Its one of the unexpected bonuses of this unique lodging environment.
The prestigious marina peninsula is a rare, peaceful strip of private beachfront paradise with NO crazy Venice boardwalk traffic. Its THE most desirable neighborhood in all of Los Angeles. While many guests spend much of their time in their rooms gazing out at the ocean, only 3 blocks away is a strip of lively restaurants, bars, shops, cafes, yoga and other attractions. Its considered an very safe, upscale community with friendly people who smile, hug and say "hello" to strangers a lot! The residents are a diverse mix of volleyball players, surfers, artists, film industry executives and just about everyone else. Everyone is VERY health conscious so don't be surprised at how many people you will find engaging in diverse outdoor activities and exercises.
The neighborhood is conveniently nestled between Venice/Santa Monica and the south Bay, and Only 10 minutes to both the 405 and 10 fwy’s and 12 minutes to LAX airport (a $23 taxi ride with luggage). You can WALK to everything. The Town house is only a few blocks from Washington blvd cafes, bars, restaurants, shops, pier, boat marina, boat rental, surf shops, Venice canals, Venice Boardwalk, yoga, pilates, banks, dry cleaners & market. You can rent bicycles, rollerblades, boats, surf and paddle boards and just about anything else from the rental shop 3 blocks away. You can walk or bike to Abbot Kinney Blvd, Admiralty Way in the marina or Santa Monica Third Street Promenade for additional shopping, restaurants, bars, movie theaters and the Santa Monica Pier. Free Summer concerts are held Thursday nights on the SM Pier and in Marina del Rey on weekends at Burton Chase Park and at the Open Air, Organic Farmers Market Festival every Sunday on Main street & Ocean Park. There's just so much to do and see here!
You don't really need a car as most locals bike, skate, walk or grab a cheap ride-service such as "LYFT" (50% cheaper than a standard taxi and a much nicer car ride). Just download the LYFT app to your smart phone and use the promo code ELIZABETH337512 for a $10 FREE credit on your first ride. Most guests tell me they wish they didn't spend the money renting a car.
There is also a bus stop just a few blocks away that will take you into Hollywood. There is also a bike path nearby that will take you al the way to the Santa Monica pier. However, if you do have a car you have a guaranteed PRIVATE PARKING SPACE with your unit BUT IT IS VERY NARROW. Best to rent a smaller car if possible. The camera, mustangs and other lathe wide American cars are challenging to park.
Other things to note
PLEASE INSTALL THE AIRBNB APP TO YOUR MOBIL PHONE and TABLET, TURN "ON" MESSAGE ALERTS & GO TO YOUR INBOX FOR CHECK-IN INSTRUCTIONS & ALL COMMUNICATIONS. Please Note: Text message pop up alerts will ONLY display the first few lines of text. The ENTIRE message can ONLY be read on the Airbnb website in your INBOX (located at the bottom right side of the home page on the mobile app, or top corner on the desktop titled MESSAGES).
ONE NIGHT STAYS: are permitted when there happens to be a single random vacant night in between other booked nights. Check the calendar for these random vacant nights before inquiring.
CHECK OUT THE NEW AIRBNB "EXPERIENCES" if you're looking for unique things to see and do!
* PROFESSIONAL PHOTO SESSION: $375
Document this special vacation with great images from an award-winning portrait photographer and the author of 3 photography portrait books (including “The Art Of The Engagement Photography") for a fraction of the standard rates. It can be used for a romantic couples session (which include can include individual portraits), a family portrait or individual portrait. The session takes approx 45 min to shoot in and around the beach area of the house and include 250 custom, digitally retouched, high-resolution files.
PLEASE READ THE HOUSE RULES BEFORE BOOKING OR RISK CANCELLATION WITHOUT REFUND.
* 1-NIGHT BOOKINGS ARE FOR SELECT DATES ONLY. YOU MUST INQUIRE BEFORE BOOKING OR
* YOU MUST BE AGE 21 OR OLDER TO RENT.
* YOU MUST BE ABLE TO SPEAK ENGLISH WELL ENOUGH TO UNDERSTAND THE HOUSE RULES, CHECK-IN INSTRUCTIONS & EMERGENCY PROCEDURES. If you ignore this rule you risk having your reservation cancelled without refund.
* ABSOLUTELY NO SMOKING INSIDE OR OUTSIDE (even on the patio) because the smell and smoke travels and permeates entire home and guests have complained.
* THIS BEDROOM IS LOCATED ON THE SECOND FLOOR ACROSS THE HALL FROM YOUR HOST'S BEDROOM. PLEASE RESPECT HER PRIVACY AND DO NOT ENTER OTHER BEDROOMS. "YOUR" BEDROOM IS CLEARLY VISIBLE.
* PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE AIRBNB APP TO YOUR PHONE. All communication will be done through the online messaging system. NOTE: the text message alerts only display first few lines of entire message. YOU MUST GO TO WEBSITE (Or app) TO READ ENTIRE MESSAGE.
* Check-in time: ANYTIME AFTER 3:00
* Check-out time: ANYTIME BEFORE 11:00am
These times "may" be adjusted depending on the incoming and outgoing of other housemates. The keys are left for you in a secret spot which is included in your TRAVEL ITINERARY which you will revive with your reservation confirmation. Please read it carefully.
* NO ADDITIONAL GUESTS without permission and add'l fees of $25 per person per night x the full duration of your reservation. This includes children. You must make a reservation for the total number of guests staying or pay the additional fees by your arrival date. More people means more utilities, more laundry, more water, more toilet paper, shampoo, soap, more cleaning supplies etc.. etc.. and we must pay our cleaning service more. Thank you for your understanding and your cooperation.
* NO ANIMALS or PETS (including service dogs - sorry owner is allergic), NO SMOKING, NO CANDLES, NO PARTIES. This is a PEACEFUL, SHARED SANCTUARY. I am seeking, quiet, respectable housemates only.
* Your room includes 1 PARKING SPACE located under the FAR LEFT side of the FAR LEFT carport. PARKING IS TANDEM. DO NOT PARK ANYPLACE ELSE OR YOU WILL BE TOWED. The town house has 4 parking spots exclusively reserved for "other" renters in the building. In our tandem parking spot you will be parked in front of (or behind) another housemate's vehicle. This means YOU MUST LEAVE YOUR CAR KEYS in the kitchen in the event we need or switch out the cars and you are not available to move your car. This is standard at all the homes along the beach area. There is also street parking available across the street if you're not comfortable with this. CAUTION: DO NOT PARK ANY PLACE ELSE OR YOUR CAR WILL GET TOWED.
* DISCLAIMERS: USE OF SPORTING GOODS: PLEASE NOTE: You (and all members of your party) agree to use the supplied sporting goods at your own risk. This includes Surf boards, boogie boards, bicycles, skateboards, rollerblades, paddle tennis or any other sporting items, and agree to hold the owner, host and building manager 100% harmless against any injuries or death that might occur by the use of these items. If you do not know how to surf it is highly advised that you take a lesson from a certified surf instructor. Surfing is far more challenging than it looks. Please use caution when playing in the ocean. Enjoy but be Safe! Lease holder is not responsible for loss or theft of personal items. Please safe guard your belongings.
Im a SUPER HOST & CO HOST and LOVE what I do!! I'm a true "'people person" and enjoy meeting different people from different parts of the world. I take A LOT of pride in hosting and despite having hosted more than 600 guests, I treat each guest as if they were my first and only. Hosting and designing unique vacation rentals is my full time job, and I want everything to be perfect so my guests can have an amazing stay no matter how long they stay! I try to think of every detail and every thing you might want and guests always enjoy my little gifts and surprises. I custom designed my rental with my trademark tropical, bamboo flair and a comfy, fun, peaceful environment. I love to pamper my guests in any way possible. My rental is turn-key with all the amenities you might desire and every nook and cranny is meticulously cleaned so expect something resembling a 5-star resort. I use only top quality pillows, 100% cotton bedding and deluxe mattresses because I assume everyone is as finicky as I am. You'll sleep like a rock and thats what life is all about.
I'm an active, healthy, middle-aged woman and I love to surf, hike and bike. I'm well-traveled, speak two languages and have spent many years living abroad. I'm an open-minded, accepting, free-spirited lady who welcomes ALL people of all races, cultures or sexual orientation. Just be happy!! (no grumpy people allowed. LOL). I value your privacy so I never pry or ask questions. Come and go as you please but if you have questions about anything don't hesitate to ask me. I enjoy sharing my knowledge of the area and my passion for the California culture. I'll definitely point you in the right direction for the best restaurants, where to get a pedicure or a massage, shopping, surf lessons and must-see locals spots. I want to make sure you feel ABSOLUTELY AT HOME and have all the ideal comforts one would want during your stay. This is a very unique and special place with a beautiful interior and lots of amenities so I am seeking respectful renters who honor and cherish it as much as I do.
I have 4 rentals to choose from. Two are private units and two are bedrooms in a shared home.
* BAMBOO BEACH HUT w/TIKI BAR & PATIO: Sleeps up to 4 persons with 1 queen and 2 twin beds.
* BEACH TIKI BAR + BIKES + SURFBOARDS: Sleeps 6-10 persons with 2 queen beds, 5 twins and 1 couch.
* BEACH TIKI BAR, OCEAN VU + BIKES
Sleeps 2-4 pers. This is the same rental as the listing above but during off season or when we've had a last minute cancellation we rent out one bedroom + 1 bath at a discounted rate.
* BEACHFRONT BEDROOM SUITE+ PRVT BATH: Sleeps up to 3 person with 1 queen bed + 1 twin bed. This is a private bedroom in a shared home.
* OCEANFRONT BEDROOM +PRIVATE BALCONY:
Sleeps up to 3 person with 1 queen bed + 1 twin bed. This is a private bedroom in a shared home.