About this listing
* 5 min drive to Airport(SFO) but very quiet
* 5~10 min walk to downtown and many restaurants
* 5~10 min walk to supermarkets
* 1 mile to Bart/Caltrain station
* 75Mb Comcast Internet
* Safe middle class neighborhood
* Free street parking
* 10PM to 8AM are quiet hours, no checkin/checkout
* Similar listing: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/8617003
This 3 bedroom unit is the model unit of the condo in a very quiet and safe neighborhood. My wife and I live in one bed room and the other two are listed in Airbnb. Our home is maintained very clean. See https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/8617003 for the other room.
* Bedroom with comfortable queen size bed
* Walk-in closets and big cupboard for storage
* Big Bathroom shared with another Airbnb listing(maybe)
* Living room
* Kitchen(microwave oven and toaster only, stirring fry is not allowed), ask to confirm
* Reserved Parking may be available, ask if need. Otherwise, free street parking
* Traditional Northern Chinese food, ask if interested
* Traditional Chinese tea ceremony, ask if interested
Interaction with guests
My wife and I will help with check-in whenever we can. You will also be provided detail guide in PDF about how to checkin after reservation.
We don't always cook at home, so can't guarantee breakfast, lunch or dinner. But when we cook something we are proud of, you are always welcome to try some with us. There will be traditionally Chinese tea ceremonies every now and then. We are working on a private photography project and want take a high quality portrait photo for each of our guest. It's optional and free of charge.
* walking distance to downtown, grocery store and many restaurants
* 7 minutes drive to Airport
* Very quiet and safe neighborhood
* School and Park in walking distance
* From SFO: best way is to take Uber/Lyft, it took around 12$ and 5-10 minutes drive. Taxi is also OK of course
* From Bart/Caltrain: 1.1 miles away, 25 minutes walk along El-Camino Real
* Parking: free street parking; reserved parking may be available, ask to confirm if you need it
Other things to note
Airbnb is not hotel. If you are first time user, please allow me to elaborate the differences.
Hotel does better:
* Standardized service, hotel in US and hotel in China are very alike
* Highly available service including 24 HR check-in
* Better privacy, little is shared with other guests
Airbnb does better
* Sharing and learning local culture and experience with hosts. You live in other people's home, like a local
* Highly diversified experience, each stay in same listing will be different
* Better price(may not be the case for this listing)
Airbnb's review system is also different that others like booking or yelp. The community tends to be more tolerant and forgiving. For example a four star hotel in Booking should be very decent, but a four star listing in Airbnb is likely to have some issues. Below is the my understanding for the meanings of rating in Airbnb and what the equivalents be in other review systems.
1. Five Stars
* Generally happy with the stay or better
* In restaurant, tip 20% or above
* In Yelp, 4 star or above
* In Booking, 4 star or above
2. No review
* There's something wrong but the whole experience is acceptable. For example, there're no one to help me during check-in and cost me trouble or the shower wasn't very comfortable.
* In restaurant, tip 15% to 20%
* In Yelp, rate 3.5 star or 4 star
* In Booking, rate 3 star
3. Four Stars
* It's an OK stay, but there's some headache and I want other guests to know. Also, I won't come back again. For example, it's too cold at night or too much noise most of the time
* In restaurant, tip 10% or below
* In Yelp, rate 3 stars or below
* In Booking, rate 2 stars or below
4. Three Stars or below
* There are serious issues and it's very disappointing. It should happen for the following cases: the real place was not same as the photo, it's much worse than described, the toilet didn't work, there were no water or the host was very mean
* In restaurant, tip 8% or less will never come back
* In Yelp, rate 2 star or below
* In Booking, rate 1 star or below
Speaking as both a host and Airbnb employee, I think there're many things we could do to improve the review system including more distinguishable towards the positive end. But this is the de-facto status at this point.
Since it's a condo and very quiet neighborhood, we have strict regulation on quiet hours. During 10PM to 8AM next day, all residents in the complex need to be as quiet as possible. So it will be challenging if guests need to catch a early flight. We would recommend guests with such need to look at other listings.
When inquiry or before booking, please kindly provide the following information:
1. the purpose of visit
2. the estimated checkin time
3. (optional) introduce yourself a bit, like what do you, what do you like, or dislike.
4. Let us know your special requirements, like parking.
Please also pay attention to the following:
* 10PM to 7AM next day is quiet hour
* we can't do checkin after 9:00pm or before 8:00am
* no smelly left-over is allowed in the refrigerator
* no stir-fry in the kitchen, but feel free to use the oven, toaster and microwave
* please don't eat in your bedroom
* can't accommodate kids or pets due to regulation
My husband Jerry and I host together in Airbnb.
Jerry is a software engineer working in Airbnb. We like traveling, classical music, Yoga, photography and machine learning. We are fluent English and Mandarin speaker.
We offer free portrait photography for our guests. Feel free to opt-in.