About this listing
Il Poggio is a beautiful Tuscan stone countryhouse (160 m²) with a large swimming pool, 5 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms (sleeps 10). The house, completely independent, is ideal for large families or groups of friends, and offers a high degree of privacy. Sansepolcro (4 miles) provides convenient access to bars, restaurants, supermarkets, museums and banks.
The rental week is from Saturday to Saturday. Minimum stay 3 nights.
Please contact me for different arrival/departure days.
The property includes:
- Three bedrooms with double bed.
Two bedrooms with twin beds.
- Four bathrooms (two of them are en suite).
- Fully equipped kitchen(fridge with freezer, stove, oven, toster, microwave, coffee maker, dishwasher, utensils, pots/pans, drinking glass, spices, etc) with large Tuscan fireplace. A typical bread/pizza oven can be found just outside the kitchen.
- Spacious living room with a huge stone fireplace, sofas, armchairs, cozy TV corner and dining table seating 10-12 people.
The living room opens on a typical Tuscan terrace ("il balco") where you can enjoy outdoor meals "al fresco".
- Huge gardens with herbs and scented flowers, lavender, broom, iris and climbing roses, provided with comfortable garden furniture and outside cooking facilities (barbecue and Bread/pizza oven).
- Laundry facilities: washing machine, iron and ironing-board.
- Towels and linen included (weekly change). Maid service provided as an option.
- Pets accepted.
The price is all inclusive: taxes, electricity, linen for bedrooms and bathrooms, final cleaning and the wood for the fireplaces.
During the cold season, it is not included the cost to heat the radiators, it will be calculated separately,by a counter, it depends on the period temperature and on the guest's needs.
Our Tuscany, very close to the border with Umbria, is still untouched from the caos of big cities.People are friendly, food is authentic, climate is mild and summers are fantastic, with dry and warm days and cool nights.A great place to easily reach the most beautiful cities in Tuscany, and then come back and relax, enjoying a good glass of wine next to the pool overlooking the landscape, or waiting for a Florentine steak to be cooked on the ancient fireplace or on a barbecue, and then eaten alfresco on the “balco".A place for families, or groups of friends, to gather in the privacy of an old house and feel at home.Our sunsets are memorable as the walks up the hill that allow a 360 ° view on the lake and the surrounding valleys, can make you feel on top of the world.
The location of Il Poggio is very private, almost hidden, but yet very well connected with the heart of the Valtiberina (Tiber Valley). Sansepolcro, the closest town (10 minutes drive), is best known as the birthplace of Piero della Francesca, the most important painter of the Renaissance. All basic shops and services can be found, supermarkets, museums, banks, and weekly typical open air markets in all nearest towns and villages. In Summer and Autumn, many festivals celebrate arts and local culture, like the famous Palio della Balestra. Blessed with pleasant climate and pure air, offers all sorts of interesting possibilities to the visitor looking for art, history, culture and excellent cuisine in a genuine setting. Far from the overly-turistic routes, it is Tuscany at its best.
The airports of Florence, Bologna, Ancona, Rimini, Forlì, Perugia and Rome are all convenient access points for vacations at Il Poggio. Access from Pisa and Milan is also possible. Car rental can be arranged for convenient pick up and drop off at any of these airports.
Distances from airports:
Rome 2.5 hours
Bologna 2 hours
Bologna - Forlì 1 hour
Florence 1.5 hours
Pisa 2 hours
Rimini 1.5 hours
Ancona 2 hours
Perugia 45 minutes
The nearest train station is in Arezzo.