About this listing
All Provence colors and scents! Barbentane village is a perfect location between Avignon and St Remy de Provence. The House is in the natural setting of “La Montagnette” acclaimed by Frederic Mistral and Alphonse Daudet.
SWIMMING POOL, POOL HOUSE & GARDEN.
Enjoy the 2000sqm walled landscaped gardens with local trees and plants: Aleppo Pine trees, Cypress, Olive trees, Laurier-tin, Chenes Verts, thyme, lavender, rosemary...
Watch the views of medieval Anglica tower and the Mont Ventoux mountain.
While Cigales are singing, refresh in the swimming pool, sunbathe on a long chair, have a snack in the pool house, dine outside under the arbor.
FULLY EQUIPPED KITCHEN
Seasonal fresh fruits, vegetables, and cheeses shopping at the local and organic village store?
Fresh breads and cakes from the village bakery?
Firewood pizza take away at the village?
Whatever your food mood is the fully equipped kitchen decorated after Vincent Van Gogh colors has all you need for great family meals.
LIVING ROOM & DINING ROOL
Heart of the 150sqm villa, ‘Roussillon’ Ochre colored walls, light and opened to nature,
Enjoy lunch with great views of the medieval village of Barbentane, the Bretoule windmill and the garden,
Have an afternoon nap on one of the sofas,
Choose sunshine or shadow with the bay windows and electric shutters.
BEDROOMS & BATHROOMS
Pick your bedroom!
Twin, Queen or King size bed with comfortable mattresses and pillows,
View over the garden olive tree, Aleppo pine tree or Laurier tin,
Next to the shower room or with attached bathroom,
Each bedroom decoration gives a modern and light Provence atmosphere for a perfect private and cozy space.
Bed linen, bath towels and swimming pool towels are included.
Bathroom with WC and shower room and WC in the villa.
Shower room with WC in the pool house.
Hairdryers are available in the shower room and in the bathroom.
BABIES & KIDS
Of course some specials for the special ones!
Two high chairs to share happy familly meals ; noodles, balls and dive rings for great fun in the swimming pool ; two travel cots for a peaceful and restful sleep.
• Motorized sliding entrance gate
• High walls, wall and chain link fabric all around the property.
• Shutters for each window of the villa (windows bars on small windows)
• Smoke detectors and monoxide carbon detectors in the villa
• Certified security cover for the swimming pool
ACTIVITIES & SERVICES available at the village and nearby:
• Bakery & pastries: 1.5km
• Local fruits, vegetables, cheeses: 1.5km
• Butcher: 1.8km
• Supermarket: 3km
• Pizza restaurant and take away: 1.5km
• Restaurants: 1.8km
• Pharmacy: 1.5km
• Doctor: 1.5km
• Pediatrician: 1.5km
• Nurse: 0.5km
• Hospital: 8km
• Hair dresser: 1.5km
• Newspapers/Magazines/Cigarettes: 1.5km
• Bank: 2.3km (car) / 1km (walking)
• ATM: 2.3km (car) / 1km (walking)
• Post office: 2.5km (car) / 1km (walking)
• Gas station: 3km
• Movie theater: 8km (Utopia movie theater, Avignon, for movies in original version with subtitles / several other movie theaters in Avignon)
• Horse and Pony Riding : 4,8km (Barbentane, Les écuries de la Montagnette)
• Golf club: 3.6km (Barbentane Lou Compact) / 19km (Grand Avignon)
• Skate park: 300m (Barbentane)
• Tennis: 12.5km (Avignon)
• Bowling: 12.5km (Avignon)
• Ice rink: 13km (Avignon)
GETTING HERE & AROUND:
• Avignon Caumont Airport (20min / 15km to the house)
• Marseille Provence Airport (1h04min / 85km (54km on highway) to the house)
• Avignon TGV train station (14min / 9km to the house)
• Avignon car sleeper train dedicated station (16min / 11km to the house)
• Highway A7 or A9 Avignon exit.
WHAT TO VISIT IN THE AREA:
• Arles (32km / 35min)
• Avignon (11km / 16min)
• Les Baux de Provence (23km / 29min)
• Camargue (68km / 1h10min)
• Chateauneuf du Pape (27km / 31min)
• Fontaine de Vaucluse (37km /56min)
• Fontvieille (24km / 27min)
• Frigolet Abbey (5km / 7min)
• Gordes (47km / 50min)
• Isle sur la Sorgue (29km / 39min)
• Maussane (21km / 41min)
• Menerbes (44km / 45min)
• Mont Ventoux (57km / 60min)
• Montmajour Abbey (28km / 31min)
• Nimes (39km / 44min)
• Orange (39km / 33 min)
• Pont du Gard (25km / 30min)
• Roussillon (51km / 55min)
• Saint Remy de Provence (17km / 22min)
• Senanque Abbey (47km / 50min)
• Tarascon (16km /20min)
• Vaison la Romaine (60km /1h21min)
Pets are welcome with and additional charge of 5 euros per night per pet (maximum charge 15 euros per pet)
From October 1st to April 30th the heating system is on in the house. As consumption depends on people and weather condition, to be fair with every guest, those service charges are calculated with the readings (check in and check out) of your exact consumption of electricity and Gas. Those charges are to be paid at check out.
During their stay guests have private and full access to the house, the garden, the swimming pool and the pool-house.
Guests are welcomed by my mother.
The total number of guests should not be more than 8 people except agreed otherwise by the owner (children under 2 years old are not counted)
Please have a copy of your IDs and rental agreement and allow 30 to 45 minutes for:
• Inventory of fixtures
• Tour of the villa, garden, swimming pool and pool house (including all detailed explanations on how to use the appliances in the villa and how to lock the swimming pool security cover).
• 2 Key sets are given
• Reading of Electricity and Gas (from October 1st to April 30th). From October 1st to April 30th the heating system is on in the house. As consumption depends on people and weather condition, to be fair with every guest, those service charges are calculated with the readings of your exact consumption of electricity and Gas.
• Pets additional charge, payment (cash), 5 euros per night per pet (max 15 euros per pet).
• Rubbish bins must be left upon departure, empty, clean and rubbish must be placed in the dedicated village containers.
• Inventory of fixture
• Reading and payment (cash) of Electricity and Gas (from October 1st to April 30th).
SWIMMING POOL SECURITY
• Please be extremely vigilant around the pool even if the pool is fitted with security cover remember that no safety precautions are 100% safe so be vigilant at all times.
• Bathers who enter pool do so at their own risk.
• The slightest indication of a technical fault with the pool must be reported immediately to the owner or to her representative. Iin case of emergency, call the emergency services first and then call the owner or her representative.
SWIMMING POOL MAINTENANCE
In season, swimming pool cleaning is done every second day (a leaf rake is left at your disposal)
The villa and the swimming pool are absolutely NON SMOCKING.
For fire risks issues if smoking anywhere in the Garden make sure to collect all cigarettes in an ashtray including water.
Outdoor Fire Security specific to la Montagnette area: In hot summer time all fires, including BBQ, are prohibited by law (an electric plancha is at your disposal).
Let me give you a little bit of History about me, my family and the House and how it comes it is listed here today.
My father was raised in an old house in the center of Barbentane village. In 1969 he decided to buy a land outside the village. This land was then known by locals as “Les petits Pins” (“The small pine trees”). Working in the construction industry my father wanted to build himself his own house. After two years, working on vacations, evenings, weekends and receiving some advices and help from some colleagues, the House was built.
Early 2000, while I am working for an IT consulting company in south of France, I decide to launch a personal project: make this Family Country House a Vacation Home for myself and my Guests all year long.
After 5 years, working on vacations, some weekends and receiving some advices and help from my father and my mother, the Vacation Home was completed!
The Villa and the Garden went through renovations and upgrades meeting main requirements: keep true to the natural setting of La Montagnette and Provence, be comfortable, easy living, spacious and secure.
Welcome and Enjoy your stay in your Vacation Home in Provence.
Je voudrais partager avec vous une partie de mon histoire, celle de ma famille et de cette maison et comment elle est ici aujourd’hui.
Mon père a grandi dans une vieille maison dans le centre du village de Barbentane. En 1969 il décida d’acheter un terrain en dehors du village. Ce terrain était alors appelé par les villageois “Les petits Pins”. Travaillant dans le bâtiment mon père voulait construire lui-même sa maison. Au bout de deux années de travail pendant les vacances, les soirées, les weekends et avec les conseils et l’aide de quelques collègues, la maison était construite.
Au début des années 2000, alors que je travaille pour une société de conseil informatique dans le sud de la France, je décide de réaliser un projet personnel : transformer cette maison de campagne familiale en une résidence de vacances pour moi-même et pour mes invités tout au long de l’année.
Au bout de cinq années de travail pendant les vacances, certains weekends et avec les conseils et l’aide de mon père et de ma mère, la résidence de vacances était achevée.
La Villa et le Jardin ont été rénovés et améliorés de façon à conserver l’aspect naturel de la Montagnette et de la Provence tout en étant confortables, faciles à vivre, spacieux et sécurisés.
Bienvenue et Profitez de votre séjour dans votre résidence de vacances en Provence.