Cosy and clean oversized room in the centre of Chinatown! Enjoy in this quiet retreat after a long day in the city. Minimum booking is 5 nights. The building is situated in a safe area, close to Soho, Tribeca and Little Italy.
Spacious very private Room in 3 bedroom apartment, in center of downtown NY by Canal/Essex, Sunny, beautiful room great for short term stays and NY visitors.
Apartment is located 5 min walk from Brooklyn and Manhattan Bridge, with beautiful views to east river and Brooklyn. Close to water taxi too. If you're going uptown, Midtown, Brooklyn or Chelsea, that will be quick, because F train is 2 min walk from apartment and JMZ is 5 min walk.
Located in Centre of Downtown NY, it's a best location to explore cool NY scene, restaurants, bars, clubs and art galleries. Please check the guidebook through the neighborhood we created.
Lovely, spacious, quiet suite includes large sitting room, bedroom with full bed, closet, air conditioner, well-appointed shared kitchen. Free w-fi. Clean and comfortable; fresh linens and towels provided. Laundry and dryclean across the street, 24hr bodega around the corner.
Your host is a late-twenties professional.
"nin hao" you are in centre of the largest enclave of Chinese people in the Western hemisphere. Ah Ken is is the first Chinese person credited as having permanently immigrated to Chinatown. Ah Ken was a Cantonese businessman who eventually founded a successful cigar store on Park Row.
Words that could be helpful in the neighbourhood:
nin hao! - Hi! / whasup! // ni hao ma? - How are you? // Zao ān - good morning
Wan'ān - good night //
Ni shì kě'ài de - you are cute
Around the hood
1. Grocery Store: Canal Street / Essex Street is closest corner grocery store, has a selection of fruit, vegetable, snacks and everything you might need for breakfast, opened 10 am - 11pm. With great fresh made juices $3.
2. 24-7 store: if you walk out of the apartment, make a left, on the corner is a 24/7 store deli,
located on Rutgers / Madison corner
3. Laundry/Dry Clean: laundry across the apartment makes same day drop-off, and dry cleaner Rosa’s usually takes 2 days.
4. Sightseeing: if you walk out of the apartment, make a left and keep walking straight, you will get to east river walk way, which is passing under Manhattan Bridge and Brooklyn Bridge, and goes all the way to the Battery Park in South and Harlem in North, with great sights of Brooklyn and the bridges. Walk south to see historic seaport and financial district, or take a water taxi from Pier 11 that will take you up to East River with stops at Dumbo, Williamsburg, Green point, Midtown Manhattan, for just $5. For Water Taxi schedule check: (website hidden).
4. Fish Market: Chinese fish market offers selection of shells, fishes and frogs, depending if you’re just curious to see or adventurous enough to try. Walk into Chinese Fish Market down East Broadway and Market Street.
5. Petisco - Mediterranean, Middle Eastern
189 E Broadway New York, NY 10002, (212) 387-0366
$10 - $20 per person, great, breakfast place, busy during weekend mornings
Opened 8.30 am - 10pm
6. Yunan Kitchen - food of China's Yunnan Province
79 Clinton St New York, NY 10002 / (212) 253-2527
$20 - $25 per person, great, busy during weekend
Opened 5pm - 11pm
7. Mission chinese - Americanized Oriental Food
154 Orchard St New York, NY 10002, (212) 529-8800
$15 - $25 per person, cheap, good, busy during weekend
Opened: 12:00 pm–3:00 pm, 5:30 pm–12:00 am
8. Fat Radish - British hipster restaurant/ dress code
17 Orchard St, (between Canal St & Hester St)
needs reservation on weekend and friday: (212) 300-4053
$35 - $55 per person, great, busy during weekend
Opened: 11:00 am–3:30 pm, 5:30 pm–12:00 am
9. Barrio Chino - Mexican dinner place
253 Broome St, (Btwn Orchard & Ludlow St)
$15 - $35 per person, great, busy during dinner time
Opened: Hours: Fri: 11:30am-2am / Sat&Sun: 10am-2am
10. Katz's Deli - Famous for pastrami
205 E Houston Street
The Romanian specialty was introduced to the United States in a wave of Romanian Jewish immigration from Bessarabia and Romania in the second half of the 19th century, and this Jewish deli has been making sandwiches since the 1888.
11. Clandestino - neighbourhood place
35 Canal St (between Essex and Ludlow)
neighbourhood hang-out with nice selection of vine
and beer, never too crowded
12. Apotheque speak-easy cocktail bar
9 Doyers St New York, NY (phone number hidden)
Very very pricy, extravagant cocktail bar. You can't tell the door if the bouncer isn't standing outside, there should be a password to enter. On weekends there is a table charge, and very busy, weeknights are recommended.
13. Grumpy Caffe - Great Coffee.
13 Essex Street btw. Canal and Hester
small neighbourhood coffee place with bakery, that became famous in TV show Girls work, as a place where everyone who is in-between-jobs worked at.
We don't have many rules! On your arrival, we will give you a set of keys to the apartment. You are free to come and go as you please; there is no curfew.
We will not enter your room while you are staying with us unless you ask us to. We will handle all of the cleaning when you leave. No need to strip the bed or anything like that before you leave. For longer stays (one week or more), we can replace your towels for you during your stay if you like.
If you are flying, it is helpful if you give us your airline and flight number before you leave. That way, if your flight is delayed, but you can't call because you are in the air, we can check your flight status online and plan accordingly.
Our only real "house rules" are that we don't allow, illegal drug use, or pets. We work early in the morning and party outside the apartment. We look forward to hosting you!
Maja is a great host, and her apartment is spacious, clean, conveniently located close to a subway station and within walking distance to the East Village. Definitely recommended :)
Room was as advertised. Maja was quite friendly, and even gave me her keys when the first set didn't open the front door easily. Would stay again.
Maja's apartment is great value for a stay in New York. She is a very accommodating host - was very flexible about check-in/check-out times and answered questions very promptly. The apartment is conveniently located extremely close to a subway station and is within walking distance of all of lower Manhattan.
The only issues we had were that the wifi was not working very well and that the toilet in the bathroom was not very good. These issues affected our overall experience a little, but we still enjoyed staying at Maja's apartment and recommend it to others.
Klasse Wohnung mitten in Chinatown! Sehr sauber, zwar kleines aber top Zimmer! Wohnung ist im 2. Stock, Aufzug gibts zwar keinen aber ist kein großer Akt :)
Wohnung ist direkt an der Subway Linie F, Station "East Broadway". Sehr geschickt um tagsüber und auch nachts durch NYC zu kurven ;)
Danke für alles, sehr freundlicher Kontakt ich würde die Bude sofort wieder buchen!! :)
We had a great time! The apartment is in a great location, clean, & the room mates are super nice. I felt like I was at home :)
Our stay at Maja's apt. was great. She was a wonderful host, polite, helpful and very friendly!! She answered promptly all our question and helped us with all the issues. Before our arrival we received all information how to get to the apt with all other usefeul info, we really appreciated. The room was clean and spacious with very comfy bed! The location was just perfect for us, 2 min. walk from the subway. We really enjoyed our stay and hopefully will be back soon.
This host has 26 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
I'm 29 years old artist, living and working in NY for the last 4 years, and i love my apartment in Chinatown! I like meeting special and nice people and i'm very clean and organized, so i expect from my guests to be like that too:)