About This Listing
Enjoy the Best of Margaretville and the Catskills in this gorgeous Farmhouse just 2 miles from the Village. Mountain views, gardens, barn, East Branch of the Delaware River, patio, screened porch, w/d, d/w and more, more, more!
The very BEST farm house in Margaretville! Approximately 3500 sq ft of country charm and privacy with 4 bedrooms, 3 baths, 1800 sq foot barn, studio bldg, 2 car garage, 5.5 acres, screened porch, wood burning stove in Master Bedroom and bluestone patio. The property borders NYC land and the E. Branch of the Delaware River and is completely private, yet only 2 miles from the Village. Three bedrooms have queen size beds (the 4th Bedroom has a bunk bed) and are lovely and quiet. 2 have en-suite baths (with clawfoot tubs and hand spray showers) and 2 share a hall bath (with shower stall) Each bed features down comforters and pillows. Each room can accommodate up to 2 adults (although one is quite small!). We also have inflatable twin beds for kids. Great chef's kitchen, living room, dining room, screened porch, bluestone patio, huge lawn and gardens. Wood burning stove available in the master bedroom. Wireless internet throughout the house.
It is our pleasure to share local information, tips and maps with you.
We are located 5 minutes from the Pakatakan Farmer's Market open Saturday mornings for fabulous local products. Susan's Pleasant Pheasant Farm offers canoe and kayak rentals. The famous Bun n Cone restaurant as well as Summerfields, the Inn Between, The T-Bar, etc., are close by. Andes, Roxbury, Plattekill and Belleayre Mountain are a 12 minute drive away. Delhi is 22 minutes.
The whole house
Interaction with Guests
We are available anytime by phone.
The Neighborhood - Margetville is a charming village with several restaurants, an excellent grocery store, small hospital, shopping, art galleries, ice cream shop, coffee shop, sandwich shop, barber shop, etc.
YEAR ROUND ACTIVITIES
- The area is known for antique-hunting with charming stores in nearby Margarettville and Andes
- For an indoor workout or swim, why not pay a visit to the brand new nearby sports centre, complete with large indoor pool and modern gym
- Explore the local galleries and museums
- Dine out at one of the many restaurants in the region taking advantage of farm-fresh, local produce
- Kayak and canoe rentals are 10 minutes away on Lake Wawaka.
- Golf. There are three excellent golf courses within fifteen minutes drive
- Hiking. There are almost limitless trails to choose from out of the hundreds of miles of Catskill hiking trails
- Biking. The Catskills is a cyclist’s dream. There are endless miles of stunning country roads where you can feel safe with virtually no traffic. For off-road, try the nearby Catskill Scenic Trail or, for the more adventurous, Plattekill Mountain resort (bike rentals available)
- Fishing. The nearby Beverkill river is a legendary fly-fishing spot or you can just walk down to Lake Wawaka
- Swimming. Walk to the local swim hole or visit the beautiful outdoor pool in nearby Andes
- Take a ride on the scenic Delaware and Ulster vintage railroad
- Buy fresh, organic local produce from the nearby Pakatakan Farmer’s market and the local farm stands
- The perfect location for a ski break. Plattekill and Belleayre resorts are less than half an hour away and Windham and Hunter under an hour
- Enjoy a snow walk by just stepping out of the front door
You'll need a car to get around in the Catskills but guests can arrive via the Trailways bus which runs from Port Authority in NYC to Margarettville.
Please treat our home as you would your own. No smoking inside the house. Pets on approval.