Casa Marta in the Historic DistrictColombiaBolívarCartagena De Indias (Distrito Turístico Y Cultural)
About this listing
If you want a true "cartagenean" experience and enjoy the local culture and traditions in a family-oriented environment, Casa Marta is the place for you!
Casa Marta is a colonial guesthouse situated in the city's historic district of Getsemani.
The house has been carefully renovated to modern standards and has two bedrooms with a maximum capacity of 4 to 5 people each.
Each bedroom has air conditioner, fan, fridge, Satellite TV, and a private bathroom. Internet service and breakfast are included free of charge.
A nice plunge pool is also available to all guests.
Casa Marta is a family-run guesthouse managed by its owner Marta who lives in the premises; Casa Marta is therefore a place where good manners are always observed.
Marta is a proud “Cartagenera", she will spare no effort in making you feel at home and give you the insight and perspective to this beautiful city only locals can provide.
Other services at additional cost:
- Nanny services
- Enjoy a traditional "cartagenean" dinner hosted at a local family house
- City tours
- Boat tours around the city's bay
- Horseback riding, scuba diving and snorkeling trips
- Excursions to Islas del Rosario, Playa Blanca, Tierra Bomba, Mompox, Santa Marta, Tayrona National Park, Palanque and Totumo volcano (mud baths)
About the historic neighborhood of Getsemani:
Getsemani is the most thriving area in Cartagena, the last authentic neighborhood in the old town and yet to be fully gentrified; it is the neighborhood where true “Cartageneros" still live. Getsemani boasts a unique bohemian atmosphere and a neighborhood feel you won't find elsewhere in the City, mixing history and tradition with with an eclectic offer of trendy bars, restaurants and discos.
Casa Marta is located in front of the historic Iglesia de la Trinidad, the heart of Getsemani where locals and tourists meet and hang out every day.
It was at the Plaza de la Trinidad where Cartagena's independence from Spain was declared on 11 November 1811; hence the “Getsemanisenses" are fierce people proud of their roots and heroic past. Getsemani is a place full of history and heritage.
NOTE: Please contact me first for availability before attempting to book.
- Before you go out, turn off lights, fan, air-conditioning, TV and other electric appliances and close water faucets in the bathroom.
- Casa Marta is not responsible for the loss of any personal belongings, please keep your valuables with you and lock your door and windows before going out.
- No drugs or unregistered guests are allowed in the house
- Only registered guests are allowed to stay overnight in the house
- Please be respectful of other guests, keep TV, music and noise levels at minimum
- Please curb your pets and ensure they don't disturb other guests