About this listing
Less than 9 minutes to Broadway, on 2 sunny & private flat acres close to town and backing to a horse farm. Enjoy beautiful sunsets and a relaxing setting after a fulfilling day in town -- or just enjoy a cozy day in this lovingly handcrafted cabin.
This special passive solar cabin was hand-built by a master craftsman for his mother. We are excited to share it with travelers to Boulder. This home has been maintained with non-toxic cleaners and zero VOC paints, building materials, etc. There water is carbon filtered and there is a RO system.
There is a fenced yard for your dog or dogs.
On a sunny day, even in winter, the house will stay very warm. There is a Hearthstone woodstove as well as baseboard heating.
The home and land are are available for your access. We ask that you respect the privacy of our neighbors, and do not go onto the horse farm. Also, the shared driveway should only be used for entry and exit, not for playing. We have 2 flat acres that are available for exploring and enjoyment.
Interaction with guests
We are in the area and very available to assist as needed. We would love to show you, or direct you, to our favorite local trails and routes for bike riding, running, and hiking.
This amazing neighborhood is just a short easy drive from Boulder, but feels a world away. Going into town a few times a day should be a breeze, but you will love the peace and quiet of the mountains. There are local trails and bike routes easily accessible from right here.
You will need car to get up here. All the roads are paved up until the driveway of this property. The driveway is flat and easily accessible.
Other things to note
We ask that you are respectful of our neighbors. Please do not leave your dogs outside while you are out if they are prone to barking. Also, do not leave dogs out at night, as there is wildlife in the area. If you enjoy outdoor sports, you are able to hike, run, mountain bike and ride backcountry motorcycles right from the house.
This is an allergen-free and non-toxic home. We have provided non-toxic cleaners and laundry detergent for your use. With respect for our chemically-sensitive guests, please do not use dryer sheets. Also, please remove shoes at the door. No big groups or loud parties.
This Lease Agreement (the “Agreement") is made by and between Airbnb host (“Homeowner") and (“Guest") as of the date last set forth on the agreement made via AirBnb.com For good and valuable consideration, the sufficiency of which is acknowledged, the parties hereby agree as follows:
1. Property. The property address will be disclosed at time of booking.
2. Rental Party. The rental party shall consist of Adults and Children (under age 18). The maximum number of guests is limited to 4 persons. Additional guests staying the night beyond the agreed upon number is not allowed. Any guests found staying at the house over the agreed number at the time of reservation will be charged a $200/night fee, taken from the deposit.
3. Term of the Lease. The lease begins at 12:00 p.m. on (the “Check-in Date") and ends at 11:00 a.m. on (the “Check-out Date"). No refunds are issued for late check-in or early departure.
4. Rental Rate and Fees.
As listed in the Airbnb reservation system and subject to change. Refer to the official reservation for details.
5. Security Deposit. The Security Deposit is required to protect Homeowner from loss or damage to the Property, including the house, its furniture and other contents located on the Property. Any damage to the Property during the term of the lease or additional cleaning required will be paid from the security deposit and the balance remaining, if any, will be refunded to Guest within 2 days after the Check-out Date. Guest will be responsible for any excess cost of repair or replacement required as a result of damage caused by the Rental Party or other invitees during the lease term, and Guest shall pay the same promptly to Homeowner upon written request, provided such written request is accompanied by documentation of such excess costs of repair or replacement.
6. Rental Rules. Guest and all members of the Rental Party shall abide by all local, state and federal laws and regulations at all times in conjunction with the rental of the property. Guest agrees to abide by the Rental Rules attached as Exhibit A at all times while at the property and shall cause all members of the rental party and anyone else Guest permits on the property (“the Rental Party") to abide by the following rules at all times while at the property. At the termination of this Lease, Guest shall quietly yield up the Property in good and habitable condition in all respects, as it was when the Guest took possession.
7. Liability. Guest and all members of the Rental Party personally assume all risks of property loss or damage and physical injury or death that exist or may exist in connection with use or occupancy of the Property. Guest and all members of the Rental Party release Homeowner and any other owners of the Property from any claim for damage, accident or injury that and any members of the Rental Party may sustain from use or occupancy of the Property during the term of this Lease Agreement and agree to indemnify, hold harmless and defend Homeowner and any other owners of the Property from any claim, action or proceeding by Guest and all members of the Rental Party, their family, estate, heirs or assigns related to a claim for damage, accident or injury during the use or occupancy of the Property.
8. Access. Guest shall allow Homeowner and their agents, upon request, to enter the property at all times for purposes of repair, improvement, and inspection.
9. Other. Guest shall not assign the lease or sublet the Property. The terms of this Agreement will be governed by and interpreted under the laws of the State of Colorado, Boulder County.
10. Cancellation Policy: Strict: 50% refund up until 1 week prior to arrival, except fees.
- Cleaning fees are always refunded if the guest did not check in.
- The Airbnb service fee is non-refundable.
- If there is a complaint from either party, notice must be given to Airbnb within 24 hours of check-in.
- Airbnb will mediate when necessary
11. Payment: Payment is received through the Airbnb processing system.
The parties agree to the terms of this Lease Agreement.
Exhibit A: RENTAL RULES
1. Absolutely no smoking permitted inside home. Failure to abide by this rule will result in full loss of Security Deposit.
2. People other than those in the Guest party may not stay overnight in the property. Any person on the property is the sole responsibility of Guest. Failure to abide by this rule will result in a full loss of Security Deposit.
3. The Homeowner is not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the Property. The Homeowner is not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
4. There is a landline phone.
5. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order. Use appliances only for their intended uses. Household items (towels, utensils, games, etc.) are not to be removed from the Property.
6. Be respectful of neighbors and keep music at reasonable level during the day. Please refrain from noise after 9:00 PM. Any noise complaints from neighbors will result in the complete (100%) loss of the security deposit.
7. Pets are permitted with prior approval.
8. There is no daily housekeeping service. Linens and bath towels are included in the rental rate, but we do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the home.
9. The Property is well equipped with kitchen essentials such as seasoning, condiments, paper towels, toilet paper, etc. If you use such items please be courteous and replace prior to departure.
10. Prior to departure:
a. replace all chairs, cushions, games and equipment where originally located;
b. remove all perishable food from kitchen/refrigerator/freezer;
c. place all used dishes in and run the dishwasher;
d. place all sheets, linens, and towels used in a pile in front of the washing machine;
e. clean up and properly dispose of all trash in the outside garbage and recycling bins;
f. turn off all lights.
g. leave all the keys on the kitchen counter. Lost keys incur a $25.00 fee.
11. Please treat our home as if it is yours. Thank you!
We love living in this area of beautiful Boulder! If you enjoy amazing road cycling, backcountry motorcycle enduro, mountain biking, trail running and hiking you will love this property, as all of these are easily accessible right out of the driveway. I would love to help you decide where to take your Boulder adventures.