About This Listing
Less than 7 miles to downtown!
I need YOUR help! In 2016, I am planning on launching a third Airbnb rental in which ALL PROFIT will benefit local charities. Your reservation can help make this happen!
THE SPACE: This is a very clean and cozy 784 square foot two bedroom, two full bath apartment less than 10 minute drive south of downtown Austin via Loop 1 aka MoPac and 3 miles to the best natural swimming holes on Austin's Greenbelt. The apartment is fully furnished. The beds are both queen-size with pillow top mattresses. ***Please note: BOTH rooms are currently getting a face life and brand new beds!!! New photos up next week.*** There is also a full-size air mattress that can be put in the living room and plenty of extra linens if needed. It may be a bit tight, but if you don't mind it can easily sleep 7.
Bedding, linens, towels, hair dryer, shampoo and conditioner are also on hand for your use as well as all the other usual amenities you would normally have in a hotel. DON'T WORRY MEN, I have more gender neutral bedding on hand for you than what is shown in the photos! :)
AMENITIES: Free parking, Washer/Dryer, pool, fully equipped gym, and media center is also available. Have Free WiFi internet, Netflix & HuluPlus, Bodum espresso machine and a coffee maker. Plenty of parking on site.
TRAVEL & TRANSPORT: The apartment has quick and easy access to HWY 290/71 and the Mopac Expressway which shoots you downtown, a 10min drive by car. Also, the #5 Bus stops right outside my apartment and will take you downtown. If you choose to travel this way a bus pass is $2/day and the ride is 40min.
ORGANIC BREAKFAST: Although I won't be cooking for you, I do keep lots of coffee/assorted teas, Organic Fair Trade Bananas, Organic Oatmeal, Organic Pancake Mix + Organic ingredients needed for the mix for you to make use of if you so desire!
I am a product developer for Whole Foods so the kitchen is fully stocked for cooking and I may leave you new products not yet on store shelves as a welcome gift. :)
If you are looking for a cozy, quiet place to stay, that feels like home you don't have to click your heels three times, you've found it.
No fee for extra people.
Rate includes 15% state and local hotel taxes for stays shorter than 30 days.
On site, fully equipped Gym
Anything in the kitchen, seriously.
Interaction with Guests
OUR INTERACTION: My interaction with you just depends on you! I have joined friendly guests for dinner and/or drinks before upon their invitation. Otherwise, I will leave you to your privacy as soon as completing check in.
IN GENERAL: Please respect my home and my neighbors. This is not a place to throw a loud party. Please leave the place like you found it, clean. Thank you!
1. Occupancy #’s: Rates are quoted based on the number of persons in your group that YOU HAVE PROVIDED TO AIRBNB. All persons entering the premises are counted as chargeable guests. A FALSE REPRESENTATION OF THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE IN THE HOME MAY BE SUBJECT TO IMMEDIATE EVICTION WITHOUT REFUND AND/OR ASSESSED FEES OF $500 PER PERSON PER NIGHT AND/OR LOSS OF THE ENTIRE DEPOSIT.
**Over occupancy is a serious violation of this rental agreement**
2. Noise: I live in a great community. Our neighbors understand that your group is here to have a good time. At the same time, your respect for them and their home is very important. Please keep loud noise on the property to a minimum. Neighbor complaints may result in fines taken from your deposit. Please refrain from loud music and talking/yelling outside the home, especially at late or early hours. Please inquire with Homeowner for more specific noise guidelines if you have any questions.
CITY NOISE RESTRICTIONS
•“A person may not make noise or play a musical instrument audible to an adjacent business or residence between 10:30 p.m. and 7:30 a.m.”
•“A person may not use sound equipment that produces sound audible beyond the property line of a residence in a residential area between 10:00pm and 10:00am.”
•“A person may not use sound equipment audible beyond the property line of a residence in a residential area that produces sound in excess of 75 decibels.”
3. LAUNDRY: Only use the beds, sleeping spaces, sheets, blankets, pillows, TOWELS, etc. that you need during you stay. Leave all non-used items such as this as they were at check-in. THIS SAVES TIME AND IT HELPS ENSURE EFFECIENT TURNOVER FOR THE NEXTS GUESTS; AND IT SAVES THE ENVIRONMENT! Leave used towels in the bathtub(s). If you use a sleeping space, please leave it un-made, so that I and/or my staff know it needs to be turned over. Leave all bedding/blankets/pillows out on the respective sleeping surfaces or piled nicely in one area of the house. Do not refold/remake these items, as they may be mistakenly perceived not to have been used. I will take care of that!
NOTE: Please only use towel and linens needed (This typically means 1 bath towel per person if no a long stay). Please leave all bedding out on the respective sleeping spaces or piled nicely in one area in the home. Do not attempt to remake or clean these items. I personally will take care of that and it is best that items used are not folded/re-made as they may be mistakenly thought not to have been used.
4. Thermostat: While I want you and your party to be very comfortable during your stay, I also would like to keep my electricity bill reasonable. Do not turn down thermostat below 70 degrees Fahrenheit (cool) or above 78 degrees Fahrenheit (heat). DURING HOTTER TEMPERATURES, PLEASE TURN THERMOSTAT UP TO 79 or ABOVE DURING THE DAY WHEN NOT AT THE PROPERTY.
5. Smoking is allowed outside only. All butts/ashes/other remnants must be removed or trashed appropriately by Guest before check out. Collect butts in a disposable receptacle (ex: solo cup) and discard in sealed trash as described below. NEVER THROW YOUR BUTTS ON THE GROUND. IT IS A FIRE HAZARD. Failure to comply with this result could result in a $300 fine.
6. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. Fresh linens and bath towels are included. Daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. For bigger groups, I suggest bringing some towels. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the property. Please leave all used towels in the bathtub(s) before departure. Please leave all linens on their respective sleeping spaces.
7. Empty all trashcans. All garbage must be bagged and placed in the garbage collection receptacle/dumpster located in the garage.
8. NO beverages other than water are allowed in the bedrooms. You will be charged a fine of $200 or more if beverage stains have to be removed from bedding or carpet.
9. Dishes: Please wash all dishes used. Place clean dishes back in their respective drawer/cupboard/area. Place all final dirty dishes in the dishwasher. Please start dishwasher before final departure.
10. People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest.
11. Host is not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
12. Decorations: The home may be decorated, but items may only be posted to the wall with BLUE PAINTERS TAPE. Pushpins and other types of tape will damage the paint and the drywall in the home.
13. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order
14. Only use appliances for their intended uses.
15. Pets are not permitted in lieu of allergens that could cause future guests discomfort.
16. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products should be flushed at anytime. If it is found that feminine products have been flushed and clog the septic system, you could be charged damages of up to $500.
17. On departure please close and lock all windows and doors.
18. Report any problems with the property to Host as soon as noticed by calling the contact number provided.
19. No refunds will be given for storms. We do not refund due to road conditions.
20. Illegal substances are prohibited and grounds for immediate eviction.
21. House parties or organized social events are strictly prohibited and grounds for immediate eviction.
22. Lock all doors when you leave the property to keep your personal items safe.
23. Host is not liable or responsible for personal items left behind, lost or stolen. If you leave an item after checking out and wish to have it returned, call Homeowner as soon as possible and, if found, arrangements for shipment will be made. Any shipping cost will be deducted from Deposit to cover the expense.
24. A lien may not be placed on the property.
25. Subsequent leases/subleases/rentals by Guest during the Term of the Rental without Homeowner’s written consent is prohibited.
26. Guest is not to enter onto the roof.
27. Guest is not to use the water for unreasonable amounts of time. Bathing must be conducted in a reasonable time frame.
28. Removal of household items is a serious infringement of your rental agreement. Any items removed form the home will result in fines outlined in the agreement on top of replacement costs.
***Furnishings and amenities will be furnished as described whenever possible. In the event that an item is damaged/broken/lost the owner will restock as soon as possible. All items in description/pictures are not guaranteed.
29. Pool: The pool is located across the street from the unit. Please observe all pool rules and hours of operation posted in the pool area. SWIM AT YOUR OWN RISK. The pool may be closed during certain times of the year and/or for maintenance. Homeowner has no control and is not responsible for compensation due to pool closures during Guest’s stay.
30. The person who holds the reservation assumes sole responsibility for the other guests included in their reservation and their adherence to the House Rules.
***I HOPE YOU ENJOY YOUR STAY AT THE CASA AND RETURN AGAIN SOON! PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF THERE IS ANYTHING I CAN DO OR RECOMMEND TO MAKE YOUR STAY IN AUSTIN MORE ENJOYABLE!
…AND PLEASE TELL YOUR FRIENDS!
Liability Waiver: If you decide to stay here, you assume responsibility for yourself and your guests for personal injury and property loss/damage. You agree to indemnify/hold harmless the tenant, landlord and property management company from any loss, liability, damage or cost incurred by you or your guests related to your stay at this apartment. By agreeing to stay here, you are giving up any rights to bring a legal action or assert a claim against the tenant/landlord/ property management.
We had a great experience with Corley at her apartment! It was super clean, nice, and comfortable. She also kept it stocked with lots of goodies, was quick to text back with advice or suggestions, and was very flexible and accommodating with our check in and out times. The only negative was that there wasn't really anywhere to go nearby or walking distance so we spent a lot of time übering and had to really commit to going downtown, couldn't just pop out for a bite and then come get ready to go out- that kind of thing. However she was a great hostess with a wonderful apartment, I would absolutely stay at one of her properties again!
Corley was very cordial and accommodating! She was quick to respond to any questions we had, as well as offering suggestions for places to eat. The neighborhood is conveniently located, quiet, and close to everything. The bedrooms were very comfortable to sleep in and the bathrooms roomy. It's also a nice bonus that she offers the use of her Hulu and Netflix!
The description of apartment is accurate, Corley was extraordinary. Neighborhood was nice and peaceful. Just what we needed for our family trip. The beds were really comfortable, clean and neat apartment. We would love to stay again in this place. Located near gas station, close to downtown, shopping centers, perfect for a peaceful time with family.
Corley is an amazing host. Her responses are very timely and any questions I had, she had a ton of great feedback/information to give me. Her apartment is neatly decorated and it looks just like the pictures. She provides nearly everything that you may need if you forget anything and she made sure we knew that we were welcome to anything she had in the apartment. Neighborhood was great - I didn't have any issues with neighbors or getting around. It is away from the city a bit but it was really easy to get around.
I definitely felt at home in her apartment and I would totally recommend booking with Corley. She is awesome!
This host has 104 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Corley
Booking on AirBnB can sometimes be scary, please allow me to introduce you to true AirBnB hospitality! 98% of my guests are first-time AirBnB users and I consider it my business to make your experience one in which you would prefer no other way of traveling!
I need YOUR help! In 2016, I am planning on launching a third Airbnb rental in which ALL PROFIT will benefit local charities. Your reservation can help make this happen!
As a part of my dedication to providing premium hospitality to my guests, I attended Airbnb's very first host open in San Francisco in November! Also, I was nominated by a past guest for the 'Hero' award and was chosen by Airbnb as a finalist. There were only 5 finalists in each of the 4 categories. It was an extreme honor to be one of 20 hosts chosen out of 650,000 Airbnb hosts globally!
A little about me: Someone once described me to another person by singing the first few lines of Tom Petty's Free Falling. I find this pretty accurate. A born and raised Texan from the home of Buddy Holly, I grew up driving tractor on a very large cotton farm run solely by my family. I have lived in Austin since 2009. I have been an active host to travelers for six years now through various sites and am a travel bug myself. I have traveled: China, Canada, England, Scotland, Netherlands, Czech Republic, Austria, Hungary, Italy, France, Germany, Belgium, Turkey, Greece, Albania, and Puerto Rico. My favorite place I've traveled was Turkey and it is the ONLY country I've ever traveled back to. My where-to-travel-next list includes: Madagascar, Mongolia, Morocco, and Nepal. I love learning languages and speak Chinese conversationally. I am an entrepreneur outside of my job as a product developer for Whole Foods. I believe life is a beautiful mess of opportunities. I admit to being a music snob. My favorite food is Thai. I love old movies, salsa dancing, karaoke, and spontaneous dance parties--even solo ones--basically anything where I look like a total fool. Keeps me humble.
I love to unwind by hitting a few range balls at the golf range right around the corner.
Guitar Center is right around the corner for all you traveling musicians.
Kerbey Lane is a MUST for local diner food. Be sure to try the Kerbey queso.
When in Texas, eat tacos. For breakfast.
Whole Foods Market right around the corner.
Great place for Sunday brunch. All you can eat, buffet style. Really good food.
You know how they say everything is bigger in Texas? Well, these donuts prove it. YOU MUST GO HERE. Period. Try the El Camino and have the Ring of Fire for desert!
When in Austin, do as the Austinites do....which means you HAVE to go out for weekend brunch. I've sampled many brunch spots and Olivia is by far the best.
Need some outdoors time? Visit our beautiful park for a day.
Take a dip in Austin's famous natural spring pool
Eat and drink while watching a movie at the most kick-ass movie theater ever created!
Rent a kayak or a stand up paddleboard and sight see the city from Town Lake!
Amazing Vietnamese cafe. Fantastic atmosphere. Try the Thai curry butter escargot.
Just need to chill? Drink a cup of joe while gazing out over Lake Austin. Great view.
Fried chicken. You're in the south. Just do it.
Famous Austin cupcake food trailer. Try the red velvet.
Proof that another man's trash is another man's treasure. My favorite shop in Austin and in the SoCo (South Congress) neighborhood.
24hour diner for those late night muchies after downtown. Try the fried egg sandwich on challah!
Indie film cinema. Cool place.
Fun arcade bar
Another one of my favorite bar/restaurants. But let's get real, I come here for the drinks and the friendly bartenders in suspenders. Try the fig manhattan!
Best cappuccino in town.
Looking for an old seedy-feeling jazz lounge? Look no further. I adore this place.
Famous Korean fusion food trailer. Great for late nights downtown. Delicious.
Go visit the haberdashers at Hat Box for a new chapeax!
Fantastic beer garden in Rainey Street bar district.
Indian trailer food. need I say more?
My favorite bar.
My favorite restaurant in town. Think Southern home-style cooking. Try the green chili mac and cheese!
If you feel like dancing this is the place to go! Hands down! A bit hipster, but the people watching doesn't get any better than this.
German bakery and beer garden with decor based on Wes Anderson's Royal Tenenbaums. Great beer selection.
If you feel like taking in some Texas history.
Step into a depression era feeling bar/restaurant. Pricey. But worth it for the food, drinks, and entertainment.
Spider House embodies everything that is Austin. Coffeehouse meets bar meets cafe. Unique spot to hang out or meet up with people.
Amazing restaurant. Great concept. Great atmosphere. Go any time of day.
Looking to do some vintage clothing shopping? This is your place.
Local cheese shop with the friendliest cheese mongers around.
Amazing French brasserie hiding way out in the east side. Great atmosphere. Very unique little place.