An unbeatable deal for anyone wanting to be within walking distance of everything in Downtown Dallas.
NOTE: Please read all of the details here before sending me any questions. I'm happy to address any that these details don't cover.
My calendar is always up to date. If the nights you want aren't available, you can let me know to put you on the list in case those open up, but otherwise the dates and prices are what you see.
Also, if nights you want are taken, go to my profile, click on my Dallas wish list, and you'll see Airbnb places from some of my Cedars neighbors; I know each and highly recommend their places.
That covered, the details on my apartment:
* A 1 bedroom, 1 bath apartment (500 sqft) located in The Cedars, a trendy neighborhood on the southern end of Downtown Dallas. The apartment is within walking distance of the Dallas Convention Center, the Sheraton, and the heart of Downtown Dallas. See the Guidebook with this listing for more things to see and do around The Cedars and Downtown Dallas.
* The building is 80 years old and was once home to a small hotel ("Hotel Newland") and a Piggly Wiggly grocery store. The building has since been converted to 14 one-bedroom apartments on the second floor, located above several private businesses on the first floor, including a couple art galleries.
* There is free on-street parking and usually spots available. There is a private, secured lot with limited space, so my landlord charges $20/night for access to it. Please let me know in advance if you want access to the lot.
* While pets are not allowed in the apartment, there is a nice pet hotel one block away. I can give you more details on this if you're interested.
* There is a coin-operated washer/dryer in the building, just outside the front door of the apartment.
* There is a queen-size, inflatable air bed available for an extra $20. This is covered with reservations for more than 2 guests.
* There are a coffee maker, toaster, pots, pans, and eating utensils should you wish to to cook meals at the apartment during your stay.
* The South Lamar entertainment district is a few blocks away; home to several bars, Opening Bell coffee shop, restaurants, entertainment venues, Southside on Lamar art galleries, etc.
* The most famous dive bar in Dallas (Lee Harvey's) is a few blocks up the street; great food and live music most weekends
* The heart of downtown Dallas (Main Street) is a 10-minute walk away
* You can see from the map images with this listing that the apartment is just a few blocks from the Dallas Convention Center.
* The apartment is just a few blocks from the Cedars train station (G-gle Maps has Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) website routes and times).
* There is a DART bus stop (route #26) right outside the building.
* Downtown's eFrogs electric shuttle service will pick you up and take you door-to-door to and from anywhere downtown, for a small fee
Please let me know if you have any questions, and have a great trip to Big D!
|Room type:||Entire home/apt|
|Bed type:||Real Bed|
|Extra people:||$20 / night after 2 guests|
|Minimum Stay:||2 nights|
|Check In:||4:00 PM|
|Check Out:||12:00 PM (noon)|
Very convenient and clean apartment in the wonderful city of Dallas. Mike was attentive, detailed, and made sure the check in/check out was simple. Street parking was easily available. There is a short flight of stairs to the apartment but it shouldn't be too much of a problem if you are not carrying much/are moderately fit! Would recommend.
My boyfriend and I were on a roadtrip through the Southwest and stayed here for our two day stay in Dallas. I couldn't be happier with the accommodations. Super clean, central to everything and close to the super cool "Deep Ellum" arts district. The bed was comfortable and all the linens were super fresh and clean. This place was amazing. Mike was available for any inqueries but really let us do our thing. Highly recommend it.
We had a great stay at Mikes apartment! It was very clean and had nice little extras like a folder with recommendations for sightseeing stuff, restaurants and bars. Check-in and out were super easy, too. We would definitely stay there again!!
Mike was great and answered any questions I had promptly. The apartment was fantastic, very clean. I would not hesitate to book here again!
Unit is very clean and well-maintained. Location is perfect for those attending events at the Convention Center (walking distance to downtown, too). Smooth and simple check in/check out. Spent very little time at the apartment, experienced no problems, no noise while there. Would stay at Mike's again.
Mike provided my wife and I with great service. He was very helpful during our stay. He even let us check in hours early. I will be most likely be staying here again.
If you are working at the convention center and looking for an inexpensive alternative to the expensive convention hotels, then Mike's place will work. It is super close, a 10 minute walk. You can cook your breakfast and make your lunch. Mike is very communicative.
I had an awesome stay in Dallas. Great location, and check in / out was super easy. I wish I could have stayed longer.
Mikes place is perfect for a quick getaway to Dallas. Its in a super convenient location from the highways and very close to downtown and all the attractions Dallas has to offer. The apartment itself is as seen and described on air bnb. It was lovely and clean and was extremely spacious and had a super comfy bed. Parking was easy and could be found on the street right outside the front door. In all we had a brilliant weekend! Thanks to Mike!
We had such a great visit to Dallas! The apartment is super close to downtown and tons of great restaurants. Mike and the landlord were very accommodating and even recommended the Pawliday Inn Resort just down the street for our puppy! The three of us fit comfortably, except for the leaky air mattress, but Mike refunded part of our stay for the inconvenience. We would stay here again and recommend it to others.
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.