An unbeatable deal for anyone wanting to be within walking distance of everything in Downtown Dallas.
NOTE: Please read all of the details here before sending me any questions. I'm happy to address any that these details don't cover.
My calendar is always up to date. If the nights you want aren't available, you can let me know to put you on the list in case those open up, but otherwise the dates and prices are what you see.
Also, if nights you want are taken, go to my profile, click on my Dallas wish list, and you'll see Airbnb places from some of my Cedars neighbors; I know each and highly recommend their places.
That covered, the details on my apartment:
* A 1 bedroom, 1 bath apartment (500 sqft) located in The Cedars, a trendy neighborhood on the southern end of Downtown Dallas. The apartment is within walking distance of the Dallas Convention Center, the Sheraton, and the heart of Downtown Dallas. See the Guidebook with this listing for more things to see and do around The Cedars and Downtown Dallas.
* The building is 80 years old and was once home to a small hotel ("Hotel Newland") and a Piggly Wiggly grocery store. The building has since been converted to 14 one-bedroom apartments on the second floor, located above several private businesses on the first floor, including a couple art galleries.
* There is free on-street parking and usually spots available. There is a private, secured lot with limited space, so my landlord charges $20/night for access to it. Please let me know in advance if you want access to the lot.
* While pets are not allowed in the apartment, there is a nice pet hotel one block away. I can give you more details on this if you're interested.
* There is a coin-operated washer/dryer in the building, just outside the front door of the apartment.
* There is a queen-size, inflatable air bed available for an extra $20. This is covered with reservations for more than 2 guests.
* There are a coffee maker, toaster, pots, pans, and eating utensils should you wish to to cook meals at the apartment during your stay.
* The South Lamar entertainment district is a few blocks away; home to several bars, Opening Bell coffee shop, restaurants, entertainment venues, Southside on Lamar art galleries, etc.
* The most famous dive bar in Dallas (Lee Harvey's) is a few blocks up the street; great food and live music most weekends
* The heart of downtown Dallas (Main Street) is a 10-minute walk away
* You can see from the map images with this listing that the apartment is just a few blocks from the Dallas Convention Center.
* The apartment is just a few blocks from the Cedars train station (G-gle Maps has Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) website routes and times).
* There is a DART bus stop (route #26) right outside the building.
* Downtown's eFrogs electric shuttle service will pick you up and take you door-to-door to and from anywhere downtown, for a small fee
Please let me know if you have any questions, and have a great trip to Big D!
|Room type:||Entire home/apt|
|Bed type:||Real Bed|
|Extra people:||$20 / night after 2 guests|
|Minimum Stay:||2 nights|
|Check In:||4:00 PM|
|Check Out:||12:00 PM (noon)|
I had an awesome stay in Dallas. Great location, and check in / out was super easy. I wish I could have stayed longer.
Mikes place is perfect for a quick getaway to Dallas. Its in a super convenient location from the highways and very close to downtown and all the attractions Dallas has to offer. The apartment itself is as seen and described on air bnb. It was lovely and clean and was extremely spacious and had a super comfy bed. Parking was easy and could be found on the street right outside the front door. In all we had a brilliant weekend! Thanks to Mike!
We had such a great visit to Dallas! The apartment is super close to downtown and tons of great restaurants. Mike and the landlord were very accommodating and even recommended the Pawliday Inn Resort just down the street for our puppy! The three of us fit comfortably, except for the leaky air mattress, but Mike refunded part of our stay for the inconvenience. We would stay here again and recommend it to others.
Place was basic but clean, bed was comfortable and the shower was hot! Central a/c and heat are a nice touch in the south. Mike was very easy to get in touch with and helpful when needed. Everything was exactly as we expected.
We spent the weekend, and were within walking distance of our destinations (Deep Ellum, the amazing aquarium/zoo, and Gilley's). It's not the nicest part of downtown (it's still a city), but walking around at night wasn't a big deal because I was with my boyfriend. Might have been a little spooked to walk all the way home from Deep Ellum by myself at night, but there are cab services and such that make Dallas pretty easily navigated.
Excellent experience all the way around! The unit was clean, quiet, secure, and well worth the price of admission. Mike was very accessible and courteous. I would stay there again without a doubt.
Mike was a very responsive host, seldom more than a few minutes away via text/email and absolutely prepared/organized for all aspects of the stay. As a long term (3 weeks) stay the following comments are unique to that experience. The unit was very clean and in perfect functioning order; the weekly cleaning service prompt and thorough. In hindsight, I would have liked a television/couch given the length of stay but the wifi was strong and sufficed all needs to stay connected. The location left a bit to be desired in terms of immediate walking distance social activity but nothing that wasn't easily remedied with the occasional Uber Car/taxi and some public transit. Fair disclosure, after consideration, I chose not to rent a car. That's really the only decision I'd make differently next time as I'd gladly stay again. I definitely recommend this listing for an affordable long term solution for downtown Dallas.
Great stay at Mike's place.
We first struggled to find the key but Paul (Mike's friend) helped us very quickly.
You can't find better value in Dallas so close to downtown.
The area might seem a little bit rough first, but we stayed couple of nights and had no issues at all. We loved the free parking in front of the house: very easy to find a spot.
Thanks Mike! Great Host!!!
Mike's place was perfect for a short business trip. Very private, close to the freeway, and convenient. Mike and his landlord Paul were easy to communicate with and very accommodating. The bed was especially nice, like something you'd find in an expensive hotel.
Mike is very well organized, responds very quickly to messages, and it's clear that he has been doing this for a while. Even though he is managing the process remotely, I felt like he knew exactly what people have come to expect in a stay and he delivered it.
* Check-in and check-out process was quick, simple, and clearly communicated
* The place was very clean and well kept
* He even provided a small thing of shampoo/soap with the fresh towels (convenient, since I forgot to bring any)
The place itself is basic but nice, and it was easy enough to walk or take public transit wherever I needed to go.
I'd recommend it, and I'd stay there again if I head back down to Dallas.
Mike couldn't have been a more gracious host. The unit was very clean, comfortable, and light, with a full kitchen, comfortable bed, table, bathroom with shower, and fast internet. I sent Mike many texts and emails, asking about directions, local restaurants, mass transit, local recommendations, etc., and he answered each one graciously and thoroughly. I attended a conference at the Hyatt Regency about a 20 - 25 minute walk from the property. The first part of the walk is through some commercial areas (some of which are abandoned), close to the freeway, and pretty much deserted in the evening. If I was a single female, I would perhaps consider taking a cab, or mass transit (which stops very close to the property), though I never felt threatened, or in danger. A cab from the Hyatt cost about $7. The rest of the walk, by the Convention Center, City Hall, and Pioneer Cemetery, was very pleasant, and interesting. I looked forward to it. I highly recommend the property.