About this listing
This cozy cottage is on a corner lot with fenced yard. Main house is 2 bedrooms with queen beds, exquisite remodeled modern marble bath, & granite counter kitchen. Property is about 1 mile from Del Monte beach.
This cozy 1000 sq. ft. cottage is located just over 1 mile from the Pacific; has a peek of the bay from the master bedroom and porch. The home has a granite counter fully equipped kitchen, two bedrooms, one bath, a fenced yard, dog door, laundry machines and plenty of adjacent free street parking.
Dogs over 2 years old can stay free of charge.
You can rent a bedroom with a queen bed for ($75-124/night - varies by season) detached guest cabin with a single futon ($99/night - varies by season) or the entire home and guest cabin ($275-449 varies by season.) The entire home cabin sleeps 5 including 1 on the living room sofa. Home includes 2 queen beds, and a couch in the living room.
There is a separate cabin on property which is usually owner occupied and a gentle yellow lab is a resident of the premises.
Many of our guests see the Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary on a bay cruise or lesson with our family sailing club, Monterey Bay Sailing. Monterey has some of the best sailing conditions on the West coast. Monterey Bay Sailing sails every day. You can make a reservation any time between 10:30 AM and 6:15 PM. Our cruises leave from Old Fisherman's Wharf through the Monterey harbor. The sails go up as soon as you get past the breakwater. We sail along historic Cannery Row, past the kelp reefs with Sea Otters, California Sea Lions, and different species of marine birds. Your voyage continues towards Pacific Grove, Lovers Point, Point Pinos and tacks back to the harbor with the Pacific swell at our stern.
Reservations for sailing can be made by phone at (831) 372-SAIL (7245) or (URL HIDDEN)
We look forward to hosting you and sailing with you on the majestic Monterey Bay.
Entire home, front porch, side patio with outdoor fireplace and grill, grounds, and washer/dryer in detached garage.
Interaction with Guests
We defer to guests' preferences as to how much interaction and guidance they would like. We are available by cell phone 9:00-9:00 for directions, assistance or recreation and activity recommendations.
We love the life, diversity and vitality of our neighborhood. It is made-up of mostly working-class families from all races and backgrounds. Monterey, Big Sur, Carmel, Carmel Valley, Pebble Beach are all within short 5-20 min. drives.
We are less than 100 feet from a public bus stop and 2 miles from Monterey airport. Bus fares are between $ 3.50 or less.
Other Things to Note
Breakfast is self-serve from items in cabinets and refrigerator.
Please: - Remove shoes upon entry.
- Water not wiped off granite or marble leaves mineral stains on the stone. Please wipe up water from the granite vanity and the rim of the marble sink in the bath. Please wipe up water around the kitchen sink with the towels provided. Removing these stains is time consuming and expensive.
- No smoking inside, dispose of cigarettes in outside trash can.
- If you bring your pet, dispose of dog doo in outside trash can and cover couch with a sheet to prevent scratching. No dogs under 2 years old.
- No more than 5 guests including children.
- Do not remove art from walls or tables.
- If something is unfortunately broken, inform us immediately- not a surprise to be discovered after you are checked out.