About this listing
$$$$WOW CHECK OUT OUR OTHER LISTING AS WELL$$$$$
This traditional brownstone was built in 1899 and has been newly (email hidden)e neighborhood is rich in diversity, culture, 18th century brownstones and historical landmarks. Transportation in walking distance consists of buses (52, 38, 46 and 15) and subway trains (J and Z lines ) 3 blocks from house. Be in downtown Manhattan in (15 minutes) where you can tour the World Trade Center Memorial.The West Village, SoHo and Tribeca are a couples train stops away from the memorial.. While in Midtown Manhattan be sure to check out Times Square, the Empire State Building, the department stores Macy's at Heralds Square, Lords & Taylor and Century 21 tourists shopping at its best. Also,in Midtown is Madison Square Garden home to the New York Knicks and New York Rangers .
5 minute bus ride to the ( A and C subway lines), where you can be in downtown Brooklyn in 10 minutes for shopping, restaurants and entertainment like the newly built Barclays Stadium home to the Brooklyn Nets.While there visit the famous Juniors Restaurant home to the BEST CHEESE CAKE IN THE WORLD.
In the immediate area of your apartment, you can enjoy Saraghina famous Italian pizza, soul food at BED STUY Fish Fry, ice cream and french pastry desserts at Therapy Wine Bar and organic coffee and tea at Ms. Dahlia's Cafe.
The apartment is located on a quiet residential tree lined block on the 3rd floor. Both bedrooms feature 1 queen size bed in each room and a futon in the living room that sleeps one additional person. There is lots of closet space, a brand new kitchen with stainless steel appliances, a 37 inch flat screen television,cable and free wifi. The apartment is newly furnished,and decorated with style in mind. The place is extremely clean and free of rodents and insects. There is plenty of heat and hot water. The laundry is right around the corner,and the supermarket is 2 1/2 blocks from the house. There are two corner bodegas right on the block for quick items. If you walk a couple of blocks, The main avenue mom and pops type businesses and discount stores.
If you want peace in quiet you can get that here as well. The neighborhood is a very mixed and diverse community.
This property is special because you can get a feel for how real New Yorkers live. We love it and are quite comfortable.We are everyday people living in one of the greatest Cities in the world. Also the rates are for people who want a vacation on a budget but not cheaply done.What you see is what you actually get. But trust me you won't be disappointed with your accommodations. The HOSTS are ON SITE to assist you with anything you may need. We are here to help you especially if you are a first timer to NYC.
Come experience Home away from Home with your hosts Tee and Yolanda
The guests have access to a private non shared unit. Gourmet coffees, hot chocolate and teas.
Free Wifi and Direct TV.
Interaction with guests
We interact with guests as much or little as they want.
I really love the late 18th century brownstones. The history and architecture of the buildings from that era. The community is very diverse and continues to grow.
We are in walking distance to transportation. But in NYC it's hard not to be near transportation with our 24hr Subway and Bus system.
Other things to note
We can arrange Executive Taxi service pick up/drop off to/from airports. Discuss prior with host.
Newark Airport $100(one way) tolls incl
LaGuardia $55 (one way)
JFK $ 55 (one way)
1. There is absolutely NO SMOKING IN THE BUILDING. There is a designated area outside.
2. There is to be no loud noise after 10pm in order to adhere to the NYC law. This is also to respect other guests right to peace and quiet.
3. Garbage is to be taken out at least every other day; guests must also observe NYC laws in regards to recycling.
Note: If you DONOT recycle and the host gets a fine from Sanitation that fine will be passed onto the guests who committed the offense. Starting at $150
4. There will be a walk-through of the apartment upon check in, and some cases upon check out.
5. Guests must not use the towels or wash cloths to remove make up or anything else that would discolor the linens. We provide make up pads and cotton balls for this purpose.
6. There is street parking but it gets tougher as the evening nears. Guests must observe Alternate Street parking rules. Instruction posted in the apartment unit
7. All guests must utilize the unit's resources responsibly. You MAYNOT leave lights or AC units on while you are out.
8. Check out is 12 noon sharp. Check in is not before 3pm. Earlier check in can be requested if there is no conflict with the previous guests and the unit is available. Please inquire with host prior.
9. Upon check out leave unit keys in the entry door of the unit. If keys are not returned at all a $15 claim will be assessed to your security deposit for replacement.
10. Please do not remove home decor off walls or rearrange furnishings.
11. Please do not place wet dishes in the cabinets, use the dish rack.
12. Guests are responsible for cleaning the dishes they used during their stay.
13. Guests are responsible for removing food from the refrigerator purchased during their stay, as well as removal of all garbage.
14. Guests are not allowed to throw parties
15. Guests are not allowed to burn incenses, this could be offensive to the hosts or other guests.
16. Guests are responsible for any movies/PPV shows they order on Direct TV. Funds are payable to the host before checkout, otherwise a claim will be filed.
Note: If the channel or movie asks for money to be paid for you to view, that is a program not covered in the package. (Guests responsible for fees)
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund plus service fees back.
This host has 41 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
We are a loving couple from Brooklyn who love being hosts and meeting people from around the world. We have been hosting for some years now. We enjoy when guests make our home a home away from home.
It is a great compliment when guests enjoy our wonderful City and make themselves comfortable.
So please come to New York and stay at our residence while you cruise around the big apple.