$$$$WOW CHECK OUT OUR OTHER LISTING AS WELL$$$$$
This traditional brownstone was built in 1899 and has been newly (email hidden)e neighborhood is rich in diversity, culture, 18th century brownstones and historical landmarks. Transportation in walking distance consists of buses (52, 38, 46 and 15) and subway trains (J and Z lines ) 3 blocks from house. Be in downtown Manhattan in (15 minutes) where you can tour the World Trade Center Memorial.The West Village, SoHo and Tribeca are a couples train stops away from the memorial.. While in Midtown Manhattan be sure to check out Times Square, the Empire State Building, the department stores Macy's at Heralds Square, Lords & Taylor and Century 21 tourists shopping at its best. Also,in Midtown is Madison Square Garden home to the New York Knicks and New York Rangers .
5 minute bus ride to the ( A and C subway lines), where you can be in downtown Brooklyn in 10 minutes for shopping, restaurants and entertainment like the newly built Barclays Stadium home to the Brooklyn Nets.While there visit the famous Juniors Restaurant home to the BEST CHEESE CAKE IN THE WORLD.
In the immediate area of your apartment, you can enjoy Saraghina famous Italian pizza, soul food at BED STUY Fish Fry, ice cream and french pastry desserts at Therapy Wine Bar and organic coffee and tea at Ms. Dahlia's Cafe.
The apartment is located on a quiet residential tree lined block on the 3rd floor. Both bedrooms feature 1 queen size bed in each room and a futon in the living room that sleeps one additional person. There is lots of closet space, a brand new kitchen with stainless steel appliances, a 37 inch flat screen television,cable and free wifi. The apartment is newly furnished,and decorated with style in mind. The place is extremely clean and free of rodents and insects. There is plenty of heat and hot water. The laundry is right around the corner,and the supermarket is 2 1/2 blocks from the house. There are two corner bodegas right on the block for quick items. If you walk a couple of blocks, The main avenue mom and pops type businesses and discount stores.
If you want peace in quiet you can get that here as well. The neighborhood is a very mixed and diverse community.
This property is special because you can get a feel for how real New Yorkers live. We love it and are quite comfortable.We are everyday people living in one of the greatest Cities in the world. Also the rates are for people who want a vacation on a budget but not cheaply done.What you see is what you actually get. But trust me you won't be disappointed with your accommodations. The HOSTS are ON SITE to assist you with anything you may need. We are here to help you especially if you are a first timer to NYC.
Come experience Home away from Home with your hosts Tee and Yolanda
The guests have access to a private non shared unit. Gourmet coffees, hot chocolate and teas.
Free Wifi and Direct TV.
Interaction with Guests
We interact with guests as much or little as they want.
I really love the late 18th century brownstones. The history and architecture of the buildings from that era. The community is very diverse and continues to grow.
We are in walking distance to transportation. But in NYC it's hard not to be near transportation with our 24hr Subway and Bus system.
Other Things to Note
We can arrange Executive Taxi service pick up/drop off to/from airports. Discuss prior with host.
Newark Airport $100(one way) tolls incl
LaGuardia $55 (one way)
JFK $ 55 (one way)
1. There is absolutely NO SMOKING IN THE BUILDING. There is a designated area outside.
2. There is to be no loud noise after 10pm in order to adhere to the NYC law. This is also to respect other guests right to peace and quiet.
3. Garbage is to be taken out at least every other day; guests must also observe NYC laws in regards to recycling.
Note: If you DONOT recycle and the host gets a fine from Sanitation that fine will be passed onto the guests who committed the offense. Starting at $150
4. There will be a walk-through of the apartment upon check in, and some cases upon check out.
5. Guests must not use the towels or wash cloths to remove make up or anything else that would discolor the linens. We provide make up pads and cotton balls for this purpose.
6. There is street parking but it gets tougher as the evening nears. Guests must observe Alternate Street parking rules. Instruction posted in the apartment unit
7. All guests must utilize the unit's resources responsibly. You MAYNOT leave lights or AC units on while you are out.
8. Check out is 12 noon sharp. Check in is not before 3pm. Earlier check in can be requested if there is no conflict with the previous guests and the unit is available. Please inquire with host prior.
9. Upon check out leave unit keys in the entry door of the unit. If keys are not returned at all a $15 claim will be assessed to your security deposit for replacement.
10. Please do not remove home decor off walls or rearrange furnishings.
11. Please do not place wet dishes in the cabinets, use the dish rack.
12. Guests are responsible for cleaning the dishes they used during their stay.
13. Guests are responsible for removing food from the refrigerator purchased during their stay, as well as removal of all garbage.
14. Guests are not allowed to throw parties
15. Guests are not allowed to burn incenses, this could be offensive to the hosts or other guests.
16. Guests are responsible for any movies/PPV shows they order on Direct TV. Funds are payable to the host before checkout, otherwise a claim will be filed.
Note: If the channel or movie asks for money to be paid for you to view, that is a program not covered in the package. (Guests responsible for fees)
Teen asunto Brooklynissä oli noin 10 min kävelymatkan päässä metroasemalta, josta pääsi kätevästi eri puolille Manhattania. Asemalla oli hyvin varusteltu ruokakauppa. Seutu oli rauhallista ja meillä oli turvallinen olo. Asunto oli ylimmässä kerroksessa (3.krs) Brownstone talossa, ja Tee itse asui alimmassa kerroksessa. Asunto oli erittäin siisti ja tilava, viihdyimme oikein hyvin koko 8 pvän reissumme ajan. Avaimen luovutus oli järjestetty kätevästi saapumisajasta riippumatta. Tee tuli tapaamaan meitä saapumis- ja lähtöpäivänä ja oli erittäin avulias ja ystävällinen. Häneen sai yhteyden tekstiviestillä ja vastasi hyvin nopeasti kysymyksiimme.
We spent very comfortable time at the apartment. The apartment was very well equipped and clean, we found there everything we needed. The communicaton with the host was perfect, we had no problem with it.
The neighbourhood was ok, the subway and a supermarket was about 15 minutes of walk.
Die Wohnung ist absolut empfehlenswert.
Zwei separate Schlafzimmer, kombinierter Wohn-/Eßbereich und Bad. Zu Fuß in unter 10 Minuten zur Metro bzw. 1 oder 3 Minuten zu verschiedenen Buslinien. Bis Manhattan ca. 45 Minuten. Auf jeden Fall Metrocard kaufen, damit kann man so viel fahren wie man will.
Ein kleiner Laden gegenüber und 2 Supermärkte in jeweils 10 Minuten fußläufig.
Tee und Jolanta sind sehr nett und hilfsbereit/hilfreich, bei jeglichen Fragen.
Wir würden diese Wohnung wieder buchen!
Tolles Apartment, sehr sauber, ruhige lage, Gastgeberin ist sehr nett und hilfsbereit. Wir waren zu 4rt und kommen gerne wider
First class, Tee and Yolanda were very warm and helpful. Apartment is exactly as described with good shower, comfortable beds. Location wise its about 25 mins on subway to Manhattan, so not too far considering how much you save by staying in Brooklyn.
This was a great base for a week in the big apple.
I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this accommodation.
We will be back....
We stayed in Tee's apartment for 1 night, 3 guests. It was interesting experience living in a heart of Brooklyn. We try to be fully open and show all positive and negative sides of the apartment.
1) big two bedroom apartment with two real beds
2) furnished kitchen with all appliances needed (spoons/knifes, pans, frying pans).
3) apartment built and designed in a convenient way, rooms are located on a different sides of building and living room is between them. This apartment comfortably suits more than 2 guests
4) bath towels, face towels and clean linen provided
1) 3rd floor, as we have not noticed that in the description, and it was not very convenient to climb up the narrow stairs with several big bags - please make sure you have read all description in details
2) low ceiling - 3rd floor actually is not a fully floor, it's a rooftop level, somewhere you may catch a ceiling with your head
3) bathroom is really old, not renovated past few years.
4) apartment is completely empty: no soap, shampoo, shower gel, no dish washing gel; no oil for cooking, salt/pepper
6) quite cold in the apartment, thin blankets
7) too hard pillows, like we slept lying on a table :)
8) it says in a description that there should be tee or coffee - we didn't find it
In total, I would say value doesn't match the price: you can find better hotel with coffee in a room and breakfast included for the same price or even less money in Brooklyn.
Daria, and her guests booked my home for one day the day before. This was allowed because of a glitch on airbnb website which should not have been allowed.I have a 3 day minimum and didn't want to inconvenience the guest but I would've been wrong had I refused this booking,right?
I disagree with most of what you have said Daria.
* It says in the description it is a 3rd fl walk up. Perhaps it would have served you to read the description as you are now suggesting to others.
* You booked for 1 day, and arrived after 12 midnight, which was technically your checkout date. You were here less than 12 hours, and for someone who found so much fault with the unit,you wasn't in a big hurry to vacate at the stardard checkout time, which is 12 noon. I had to basically kick you out so the unit could be ready for the next guest.
* We do not provide guests with food or toiletries as that is subject to ones taste. Most guests understand that and provide their own food and grooming products.
* There is one bedroom where there is a tray ceiling, which is visable in the pictures. If that was a problem for you why did you book my home as you said there are others you could've booked? But where in NYC are you getting a two bedroom apartment for less.
* Yes, the bathroom does require renovating and that is being addressed later this month.
* If the unit was cold, how would I know that since by NYC law we wasn't required to provide heat until a certain date and you never said anything to me. Plus most guests up there have their windows open because the unit gets very hot as heat rises, you know. Secondly, we do provide wool blankets that are stored in the bedroom dresser. Did you take time to look or ask me for extra blankets? No you did not, did you ask for heat, no again.
* Yes, you were right there was no dish washing liquid as I was NOT expecting you. I was planning on purchasing some the day you arrived for the guests that I was expecting the following day.
* Yes, you are right, there was no coffee or tea in the unit when you arrived, the weather was mild and most guests wasn't drinking it as of yet. We have since replenished the coffee and teas. How much of it would you have drank, since you were only here for twelve hours?
The rest of the nonsense I won't even borther wasting anymore of my time.
This is the first negative review that I have received. It wouldn't even upset me if it was true. But you were upset because you couldn't checkout when you wanted to, and so you were looking to find fault anywhere you could. My reviews speak for themselves and most guests have enjoyed their stay here because it is a nice place for the price. The unit is as advertised which is why you was attracted to it in the first place.
Now, as for you I don't really know what to say as we had very limited communication. I do however think that all these complaints you had was never ever even brought to my attention to give me the opportunity to address any of it. So how valid are they! Hmm, Daria arrived after 12 midnight. Although she used the lockbox to gain entry , she entered causing alot of noise,which caused me to enter the foyer asking her to be mindful of the noise as other guests were sleeping.The unit was left a hot mess, just about every dish was left dirty. Pots and pans left on the stove and countertops. The unit was left in a junkie like state. The guests were not prepared to leave at the designated checkout time of 12 noon as documented. Daria, even in hotels you can't dictate what time you want to check out. They will not allow you to stay if that room is already booked. This guest's review is not accurate and honest. I would not recommend this guest because good hosts could get saddled with a negative review simply because her feelings was hurt because she wasn't ready to leave a place she is now complaining about.
Then have the audacity to ask me to leave her a review prior to the website making her review public. Really!
This host has 7 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
We are a loving couple from Brooklyn who love being hosts and meeting people from around the world. We have been hosting for some years now. We enjoy when guests make our home a home away from home.
It is a great compliment when guests enjoy our wonderful City and make themselves comfortable.
So please come to New York and stay at our residence while you cruise around the big apple.