Cross Country Skiers Delight!
Bring your dog
My charming, warm and cozy Tahoe home has two bedrooms and two bathrooms. It is in a quiet residential neighborhood two miles north of Tahoe City and a five minute drive from Lake Tahoe.
You can walk across the street to the Tahoe Cross Country Ski Area with countless kilometers of groomed trails (including dog trails). (phone number hidden)/(website hidden).
note: this is a popular Summer trail head for mountain bikers and hikers.
Three major ski resorts; Squaw Valley/Alpine Meadows, Northstar are within 1/2 hours drive. The property is located near Tahoe City off highway 28.
This is a well maintained property in a quiet residential neighborhood. With easy, level access to an enclosed garage for 1 car. Interior entrance to home. A 2 story residence which includes 2 bedrooms and 2 full baths (1tub/shower, 1 shower) and a small computer room. Washer/dryer. Upstairs features a remodeled knotty pine kitchen and interior. A high pine beamed ceiling. An open floor plan which includes the kitchen, dining room and living room with a wood burning stove. 2 large picture windows frame in the large fenced back yard and adjacent open forest land. The upstairs front deck overlooks the Cross Country Lodge. Linens, towels and blankets provided. Enjoy relaxing around the fire watching TV, playing games, listening to music with the smell of dinner cooking in the kitchen. Free WiFi internet access available. Snow Removal provided.
My home is dog friendly. However, your pet must be toilet trained and stay off the furniture. There is a large fenced in back yard reachable through the garage. Refundable pet deposit required.
This home is suitable for a responsible family or couple. 5 person maximum. Please note that this is a NO SMOKING property. There is a $400 refundable security deposit required as well as $175 cleaning fee. A refundable 125 dog deposit.
My home is available for one-week stays only.
|Room type:||Entire home/apt|
|Bed type:||Real Bed|
|Extra people:||No Charge|
|Minimum Stay:||7 nights|
|Weekly Price:||$1600 /week|
|Check In:||4:00 PM|
|Check Out:||11:00 AM|
|Pet Owner:||Dog(s) and Cat(s)|
The Meyer House was an absolutely perfect place to spend our New Year holiday, even though there wasn't much snow! Geri's home is warm, clean, wonderfully bright and open, and in a perfect location—across-the-street access to XC skiing, backyard access to local hikes/walks, and a short drive to the Tahoe City shops, grocery stores and restaurants as well as to ski resorts like Alpine, Squaw, Homewood, and Northstar. Plus, there are no super steep inclines to get to her place. We didn't get any snow while here, but it seems like this house would definitely provide an easy entry (both road-wise and driveway-wise) even in super snowy conditions.
Since we were the cabin's first guests, we've tried to go into as much detail as possible:
- The "Guest" bedroom is privately located downstairs and feels a lot bigger than it looks in the photos. It's bathroom is en suite. The room has a large walk-in closet and direct access outside through a sliding glass door.
- The "Master" bedroom and bath (not en suite, but recently remodeled) are upstairs, both just off the main room. The bed in this room has an incredible foam topper! :)
- Both room's have a queen bed. The "Guest" room also has a twin. We didn't try the twin, but both queens are comfortable!
- Plenty of pillows (of all varieties!), towels, and blankets, plus lots of space in the main room! We loved hanging out here by the fire. Geri has a very well-stocked wood pile in the garage, and we took full advantage of it! :)
- GREAT kitchen! Geri has everything you need to prepare delicious meals, including great counter space, an assortment of pots and pans as well as a large spice collection.
- There's a new, really comfy leather sofa and over-sized chair in the living room (instead of the textile sofa that's pictured) and a new light fixture over the dining table.
- Reliable Wi-Fi (though the cell phone coverage was a bit spotty for AT&T; Verizon worked fine, though!)
Unlike a lot of Tahoe rentals (which are occasionally missing some of the essentials), this is Geri's primary residence, so the cabin feels inviting, homey and lived in (in a good way), nicely decorated (with a lot of her own art—it's awesome!) and very well-stocked and prepared.
This home was perfect for two couples (and our two cats)! We would highly recommend Geri's place and would LOVE to come back.
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.