The house is 10min walk to the Eiffel Tower... It is located in the 15th district of Paris. A very central, lovely and wealthy neighbourhood with lots of shops and restaurants around the corner.
Our house is a private modern converted warehouse on the side of a court. It is spacious with 130m2 spread over three levels and double height spaces.
The entry door gives onto a landing space leading directly into the living room. A double height space with exposed wooden beams and modern white concrete walls. It is without a doubt the heart of the house! The living room is opened onto the dining room and is overlooked by two bedrooms and a mezzanine. At the far back of the dining room, by the concrete staircase, there is the ground floor bathroom with WC, wash hand basin and bath.
On the first floor, there is an en-suite double bed bedroom with private wash hand basin, shower and WC as well as a single bedroom with a study desk.
The master bedroom (double bed) is on the second flood under the roof arches. A convertible sofa/bed and small table are positioned in one corner. In the opposite one are a study desk and book shelf.
On the mezzanine there is a single bed to accommodate a 8th person if needed. It is a cool place to sleep but please bear in mind that this is not a bedroom as such (open onto the living room and no curtains).
Just like a home, you will find a washing machine, dishwasher, oven, microwave, kettle, toaster, TV, Wifi internet, printer, bed linens and towels.
We have a baby cot with mattress and baby chair too for babies from 1 to 3 years that you can use if you wish.
My wife is a writer and artist. You will find a few of her original artworks and installations doted around the property. Our neighbour is an acclaimed Icelandic painter so you will also find a few reproduction and collage of his work in the house as well.
We hope you will enjoy your stay...
“The house went way beyond our expectations. The atmosphere was whimsical and romantic.[…] we immediately felt as if we lived in Paris... “
“Joelle met us at the apartment and was so kind and generous! The location was absolutely fantastic. You were walking distance to many shops and restaurants."
“We felt we were very lucky to have found this wonderful place to stay in Paris! Emmanuel and Joelle were very gracious and welcoming hosts".
“Everything was perfect with this lovely muse house - warm, clean, quiet and quirky You would be mad to stay elsewhere! » Graham
“This was by far, the most exceptional welcome I have ever had to someone's home. I can't rave enough; they should be official ambassadors for Airbnb." – Elizabeth
Check in and check are completely flexible, just let us know what is the best for you and will try to accommodate...
Interaction with guests
We will welcome you upon arrival (you can count on some fresh croissants too) and we will show everything regarding the house. If there is a problem during your stay we will of course help you with it!
Other things to note
You may have noticed a rather big fish tank in the living room… don’t worry it is completely self-regulating. You won’t have to interact with it if you don’t want to, simply sit down and enjoy the calmness and the fishes.
- Parties are not allowed at the house
- No smoking anywhere in the house
- Additional guests are not allowed to stay at the house - please ensure that you book for the maximum number of people you are expecting to stay (even if this number will not stay for the entire let).
- Only registered guests (those agreed at the time of booking) allowed in the house without prior arrangement.
- We will welcome you personally at the house to explain you every thing about the house when you arrive, showing you all you need to know about the kitchen, internet/TV, surrounding area, etc etc. There is a hard copy manual too!
- We are very flexible with the check-in and check out time and we will try to accommodate as much as we can so you dont have to wait around with your luggage and so you can come directly from the airport/station. Please note that in the unlikely event of back to back bookings we will have to stick to more traditional check in and check out time so we have enough time to prepare the house perfectly. Check in will then be after 02:00pm or check out will have to be before 11:00am. In any cases you will be able to drop/leave your bags in the house...
My wife Joelle, is a writer and novelist living in the country side where she can seek and find inspiration. As for me, I recently retired and retreated to the Normandy for more greenery. Our house is Paris is now vacant through the year and we would happily rent it to other wonderful people visiting Paris.
If you have any question about the house, or about planning your trip to Paris let me know, I would happily help you!
We are looking forward to hopefully meeting you and welcoming you to Paris.