About this listing
1-NIGHT STAYS ARE PERMITTED FOR SELECT DATES ONLY. Inquire first before booking. RARE BEACHFRONT RENTAL ON THE SAND: Private Bedroom w/Private full Bath in shared home, Sleeps 3. FREE Wifi, Parking, Bikes, Surfboards, Washer/Dryer, Mini Frig, Kitchen, Private Beachfront Sand Patio & BBQ. Walk to Bars & Shops. * SEE ALL 4 OF MY BEACH RENTALS at same location. Find links at BOTTOM OF MY PROFILE PAGE.
ALL my rentals are uniquely designed with my trademark tropical bamboo style and situated next to each other which is ideal for larger groups, families, bridal parties seeking additional accommodations.
This is a large, VERY private, bedroom suite in a shared 3-bedroom townhouse on the beach front. This room is located on the ground floor (while two other bedrooms are located upstairs) so it's "almost" like having your own space. It has a solid door, sound proofing and a door lock. I give my guests as much privacy as possible. Privacy is key. We are often booked solid most of the year so if this room isn't available inquire about the second bedroom for rent on the second level with ocean view and private balcony overlooking the beach front. As I have many foreign travelers things are well labeled with the hopes of making your stay easier and more carefree but feel free to ask me anything.
Step onto the sand and grab your surfboard from our beautiful beachfront townhouse. You're not renting just a "room, you may also use the shared common areas such as the fully equipped kitchen, living room with TV, tropical bar dining area and sectional couch as well as the exterior tropical sand patio. Also includes the use of Bicycles, Surf boards, Boogie boards, skateboards, paddle tennis racquets, beach toys and more. The other two bedrooms are located on 2nd level so we are very secluded from one another and each room is nearly sound proofed . We rarely see or hear each other come and go. Its almost like having your own space.
Your (16'x14) suite includes NEW CAL KING and a NEW TWIN mattresses and bed linens. It has a tropical style design with vintage surf pictures, old cameras and books to enjoy.
Your bedroom also includes:
- A mini frig with bottled water, coffee & tea to get your started your first day. My gift welcome gift to you.
- 1 Parking place
- New Deluxe King + twin pillow top mattresses
- 100% Egyptian cotton bedsheets to sink into
- Deluxe Pillows: both firm and feature soft.
- Flat screen TV & cable
- Private bath with full bath tub and powerful hot water pressure for a great back massage.
- Washer & dryer
- Mini frig
- Coffee maker
- sound proof, lockable door and dual pane sound-deadening windows
- Access to the entire downstairs, shared indoor/outdoor living area, gas BBQ, fire pit, outdoor sunbathing lounge chairs and covered umbrella dining table all right on the sand!! Also includes full use of surf and boogie boards, bicycles, beach toys and more....
The room is very quiet with double pain new windows and sound-proof door. It's easy access to kitchen and exterior door make it feel almost like a totally private studio (2 other bedrooms are UPSTAIRS so we will rarely hear one another come and go. One of those bedrooms is another rental and the other is occupied by the host).
When you open your bedroom door and step into the living area or kitchen you can see the beach right in front of you and enjoy your breakfast, lunch or dinner on our tropical beachfront sand patio or on our covered patio area. The waves and ocean breezes will quiet your mind and settle your soul. Just exhale and take your shoes off and relax. That's what this place is all about.
EVERYTHING is as PRISTINE as a DELUXE HOTEL SUITE so be prepared to be fully pampered as if you were staying in one (for a fraction of the cost!). Our fine bedsheets are pressed and every nook and cranny is scrubbed clean as one might find in a 5-star luxury hotel. This room is often reserved many months in advance. if you can't find vacancy here you can check my other bedroom suite upstairs or my two other beach rentals. Inquire with me for details.
The rest of the home is also very clean and tidy, well designed and comfy. It is set up more like a B&B than a personal apartment so you WONT find a lot of cluttered things laying about. The host LOVES to pamper her housemates so you will also receive a WELCOME NOTE & HOME MANUAL/GUIDE BOOK w/home operation information, maps, restaurant suggestions, entertainment, sightseeing info and more....
Room has a fan and ocean breezes with windows open provide a nice cool climate. Very few places around the beach area here have air conditioning because we just don't need it when you're living at the ocean. California is adjacent to the desert so we have a very "dry" climate with NO humidity. This means we don't feel the cold in the winter and we don't feel the heat in the summer. The climate is basically the same all year around. Its the best part of Southern California.
If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. I look forward to meeting you!!
1-night stays permitted for specific dates only. LATE CHECK IN? No problem. This is a SELF CHECK-IN system. You may check in ANYTIME after 3:00 pm but you must follow the check-in instructions exactly. The keys will be left in a "secret spot" for those arriving late at night. ONE NIGHT STAYS are permitted only when there is a random single night available in between two other booked dates. Check the calendar for confirmation. We will arrange a time to meet & greet so I can give you a brief tutorial of the property and answer any questions you might have.
Come and go as you please. I pride myself in giving my guests as much privacy as possible and I am often not at home. Your room is has a lockable, sound-proofed door and we respect your privacy. No one will be entering into your space. The home and the neighborhood are both very safe. Please feel free to also enjoy the shared common areas such as the kitchen, living room with fireplace, flat screen TV, comfy sectional couch, Tropical Dining Bar or our tropical sand, beachfront patio!
Feel free to text me anytime should you have any questions about anything. My housemates are my priority so don't hesitate to ask any questions.
Interaction with guests
PLEASE INSTALL THE AIRBNB APP TO YOUR PHONE, TURN "ON" MESSAGE ALERTS & GO TO YOUR INBOX FOR CHECK-IN INSTRUCTIONS & ALL COMMUNICATIONS. Note: Text message alerts on display first few lines of entire text. You MUST go into the website and log into your account to read entire length of text. I live across the street so please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or concerns about anything or simply want to know the best restaurants to go to, where to take a surf lesson, how to get to Abbot Kinney shopping or any other question about the area. I am a long time resident of the area, a "people lover" and "people pleaser" so I am here to answer all of your questions. I take a lot of pride in my rental and want your stay to be the best it can possibly be. I will text or call you to check in on you from time to time to ensure you have everything you need. I aim to provide you with the best rental experience possible. Typically I like to greet my housemates when they arrive (if I'm able to) and give a quick tutorial of the home. However if you arrive late or I'm not here to greet you the keys will be left outside for you in a secret spot.
Review the HOME MANUAL/GUIDEBOOK in your room for the most commonly asked questions, (such as internet log in, and how to operate the TV, stove and any other appliances, restaurant recommendations, maps, pictures etc..).
There is an additional room for rent upstairs in the front so you may cross paths with the other renter. I do my best to make introductions but if I am not here please introduce yourselves to one another. I am very selective about the people I choose to rent to and ask everyone to complete the identity verification process before accepting you. I typically trust my intuition and I have been very fortunate to have had the most wonderful, respectful, people stay with me who cherish the beach as much as I do. Many of my housemates end up becoming long life friends. Its one of the unexpected bonuses of this unique lodging environment.
Other things to note
* PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHY: Document a special vacation or event with beautiful, professional images from an award-winning portrait photographer and author of 3 photography portrait books
- PORTRAIT: Single group photo: $75
- PROFESSIONAL PHOTO SESSION: $375
The session takes approx 45 min to shoot in and around the beach area of the house and include 250 custom, digitally retouched, high-resolution files.
- EVENTS: Weddings or other events please inquire for pricing.
* GIFT SHOP: See our new gift shop items such as Paradise Bed spray, Paradise Coffee Mix, Coffee Mugs, Bamboo Picture frames and more.....
CHECK OUT THE NEW AIRBNB "EXPERIENCES" if you're looking for unique things to see and do!
PLEASE READ & FOLLOW THE HOUSE RULES BEFORE MAKING A RESERVATION OR RISK CANCELLATION WITHOUT REFUND.
* 1-NIGHT BOOKINGS are accepted for select dates only. Please inquire before booking.
* YOU MUST BE AGE 21 OR OLDER TO BOOK A RESERVATION.
I'm gonna have a tomorrow but
* You must be able to SPEAK ENGLISH WELL ENOUGH TO UNDERSTAND THE HOUSE RULES, CHECK-IN INSTRUCTIONS, EMERGENCY PROCEDURES & PHOTO THE POLICE IF THERE IS AN EMERGENCY. If you ignore this rule you risk having your reservation cancelled without refund.
* ABSOLUTELY NO SMOKING INSIDE OR OUTSIDE (even on the outside patio) because the smell and smoke travels and permeates entire home and many other guests have complained. This is a SHARED HOME.
* NO PARTIES OR ADDITIONAL VISITORS WITHOUT PERMISSION. This is a shared home with other guests sharing the same common areas. Space is limited and the rental is promoted as a "peaceful sanctuary". Please request before bringing additional guests on the property.
* NO ADDITIONAL OVERNIGHT GUESTS without permission and add'l fees of $25 per person per night x the full duration of your reservation. This includes children. You must make a reservation for the total number of guests staying or pay the additional fees by your arrival date. More people means more utilities, more laundry, more water, more toilet paper, shampoo, soap, more cleaning supplies etc.. etc.. and we must pay our cleaning service more. Thank you for your understanding and your cooperation.
* NO CANDLES & DO NOT USE FIREPLACE WITHOUT PERMISSION & INSTRUCTION.
* NO ANIMALS or PETS (including service dogs - sorry owner is allergic), NO SMOKING, NO CANDLES, NO PARTIES. This is a PEACEFUL, SHARED SANCTUARY. I am seeking, quiet, respectable housemates only.
* RESPECT THE PRIVACY OF ALL GUESTS; Please do NOT wander upstairs curiously, or into the bedrooms of other guests including your host. This is an invasion of their privacy. YOUR BEDROOM IS LOCATED DOWNSTAIRS. There is no reason to go upstairs.
* PARKING: Your room includes 1 PARKING SPACE located under the FAR LEFT side of the FAR LEFT carport. PARKING IS TANDEM. DO NOT PARK ANYPLACE ELSE OR YOU WILL BE TOWED. The town house has 4 parking spots exclusively reserved for "other" renters in the building. In our tandem parking spot you will be parked in front of (or behind) another housemate's vehicle. This means YOU MUST LEAVE YOUR CAR KEYS in the kitchen in the event we need or switch out the cars and you are not available to move your car. This is standard at all the homes along the beach area. There is also street parking available across the street if you're not comfortable with this. CAUTION: DO NOT PARK ANY PLACE ELSE OR YOUR CAR WILL GET TOWED.
* PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE AIRBNB APP TO YOUR PHONE. All communication will be done through the online messaging system. NOTE: the text message alerts only display first few lines of entire message. YOU MUST GO TO WEBSITE (Or app) TO READ ENTIRE MESSAGE.
* DISCLAIMERS: USE OF SPORTING GOODS: PLEASE NOTE: You (and all members of your party) agree to use the supplied sporting goods at your own risk. This includes Surf boards, boogie boards, bicycles, skateboards, rollerblades, paddle tennis or any other sporting items, and agree to hold the owner, host and building manager 100% harmless against any injuries or death that might occur by the use of these items. If you do not know how to surf it is highly advised that you take a lesson from a certified surf instructor. Surfing is far more challenging than it looks. Please use caution when playing in the ocean. Enjoy but be Safe! Lease holder is not responsible for loss or theft of personal items. Please safe guard your belongings.
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund plus service fees back.
This host has 541 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
Im a SUPER HOST & CO HOST and I LOVE what I do!! I'm a true "'people person" and enjoy meeting different people from different parts of the world. I take A LOT of pride in hosting and despite having hosted more than 600 guests, I treat each guest as if they were my first and only. Hosting and designing unique rentals is my full time job, and I want everything to be perfect so my guests can have an amazing stay no matter how long they stay! I try to think of every detail and every thing you might want and my guests always enjoy my little gifts and surprises. I custom designed my rental with my trademark tropical, bamboo flair and a comfy, fun, peaceful environment. I love to pamper my guests in any way possible. My rental is turn-key with all the amenities you might desire and every nook and cranny is meticulously cleaned so expect something resembling a 5-star resort. I use only top quality pillows, 100% cotton bedding and deluxe mattresses because I assume everyone is as finicky as I am. You'll sleep like a rock and thats what life is all about.
I'm an active, healthy, middle-aged woman and I love to surf, hike and bike. I'm well-traveled, speak two languages and have spent many years living abroad. I'm an open-minded, accepting, free-spirited lady who welcomes ALL people of all races, cultures or sexual orientation. Just be happy!! (no grumpy people allowed. LOL). I value your privacy so I never pry or ask questions. Come and go as you please but if you have questions about anything don't hesitate to ask me. I enjoy sharing my knowledge of the area and my passion for the California culture. I'll definitely point you in the right direction for the best restaurants, where to get a pedicure or a massage, shopping, surf lessons and must-see locals spots. I want to make sure you feel ABSOLUTELY AT HOME and have all the ideal comforts one would want during your stay. This is a very unique and special place with a beautiful interior and lots of amenities so I am seeking respectful renters who honor and cherish it as much as I do.
I have 4 rentals to choose from. Two are private units and two are bedrooms in a shared home.
* BAMBOO BEACH HUT w/TIKI BAR & PATIO: Sleeps up to 4 persons with 1 queen and 2 twin beds.
* BEACH TIKI BAR + BIKES + SURFBOARDS: Sleeps 6-10 persons with 2 queen beds, 5 twins and 1 couch.
* BEACH TIKI BAR, OCEAN VU + BIKES
Sleeps 2-4 pers. This is the same rental as the listing above but during off season or when we've had a last minute cancellation we rent out one bedroom + 1 bath at a discounted rate.
* BEACHFRONT BEDROOM SUITE+ PRVT BATH: Sleeps up to 3 person with 1 queen bed + 1 twin bed. This is a private bedroom in a shared home.
* OCEANFRONT BEDROOM +PRIVATE BALCONY:
Sleeps up to 3 person with 1 queen bed + 1 twin bed. This is a private bedroom in a shared home.