About this listing
A RARE BEACHFRONT RENTAL DIRECTLY ON THE SAND: Private Bedroom Suite w/Bath in beachfront townhouse w FREE WIFI, PARKING, MINI BAR FRIG, COFFEE, TV, KITCHEN, WASHER/DRYER, BIKES, SURFBOARDS, PATIO & BBQ. Walk to Restaurants, Shops, Canals & Boardwalk
This is a large, VERY private, bedroom suite is a shared 3 bedroom townhouse on the beach front. We are often booked solid most of the year so if this room isn't available inquire about the second bedroom for rent on the second level with ocean view and private balcony overlooking the beach front.
Step onto the sand and grab your surfboard from our beautiful beachfront townhouse. You're not renting just a "room, you may also use the shared common areas such as the fully equipped kitchen, living room with TV, fireplace, tropical bar dining area and sectional couch as well as the exterior tropical sand patio. Also includes the use of Bicycles, Surf boards, Boogie boards, skateboards, paddle tennis racquets, beach toys and more. The other two bedrooms are located on 2nd level so we are very secluded from one another and each room is nearly sound proofed . We rarely see or hear each other come and go. Its almost like having your own space.
Your (16'x14) suite includes new mattress and bed linens. It has a tropical style design with vintage surf pictures, old cameras and books to enjoy.
Your bedroom also includes:
- A mini frig with bottled water, beer or wine, coffee & tea to get your started your first day. My gift welcome gift to you.
- 1 Parking place
- New Deluxe Queen size pillow top mattress
- 100% Egyptian cotton bedsheets to sink into
- Deluxe Pillows: both firm and feature soft.
- Flat screen TV & cable
- Private bath with full bath tub and powerful hot water pressure for a great back massage.
- Washer & dryer
- Huge Desk and cabinet storage space
- Mini frig
- Coffee maker
- A single twin mattress when there are 3 guests.
- sound proof, lockable door and dual pane sound-deadening windows
- Access to the entire downstairs, shared indoor/outdoor living area. gas BBQ, fire pit, outdoor sunbathing lounge chairs and covered umbrella dining table all right on the sand!! Also includes full use of surf and boogie boards, bicycles, beach toys and more....
The room is very quiet with double pain new windows and sound-proof door. It's easy access to kitchen and exterior door make it feel almost like a totally private studio (2 other bedrooms are UPSTAIRS so we will rarely hear one another come and go. One of those bedrooms is another rental and the other is occupied by the host).
When you open your bedroom door and step into the living area or kitchen you can see the beach right in front of you and enjoy your breakfast, lunch or dinner on our tropical beachfront sand patio or on our covered patio area. The waves and ocean breezes will quiet your mind and settle your soul. Just exhale and take your shoes off and relax. That's what this place is all about.
METICULOUSLY cleaned in between each and every renter. Our fine bedsheets are pressed and every nook and cranny is scrubbed clean as one might find in a 5-star luxury hotel. This room is often reserved many months in advance. if you can't find vacancy here you can check my other bedroom suite upstairs. Inquire with me for details.
EVERYTHING is as PRISTINE as a DELUXE HOTEL SUITE so be prepared to be fully pampered as if you were staying in one (for a fraction of the cost!). The home is very clean and tidy, well designed and comfy. The host LOVES to pamper her housemates so you will also receive a WELCOME NOTE & HOME MANUAL/GUIDE BOOK w/home operation information, maps, restaurant suggestions, entertainment, sightseeing info and more....
Room has a fan and ocean breezes with windows open provide a nice cool climate. Very few places around the beach area here have air conditioning because we just don't need it when you're living at the ocean. California is adjacent to the desert so we have a very "dry" climate with NO humidity. This means we don't feel the cold in the winter and we don't feel the heat in the summer. The climate is basically the same all year around. Its the best part of Southern California.
Come and go as you please. I pride myself in giving my guests as much privacy as possible and I am often not at home. Your room is has a lockable, sound-proofed door and we respect your privacy. No one will be entering into your space. The home and the neighborhood are both very safe. Please feel free to also enjoy the shared common areas such as the kitchen, living room with fireplace, flat screen TV, comfy sectional couch, Tropical Dining Bar or our tropical sand, beachfront patio!
Feel free to text me anytime should you have any questions about anything. My housemates are my priority to don't hesitate to ask any questions.
Interaction with Guests
Typically I like to greet my housemates when they arrive (if I'm able to) and give a quick tutorial of the home. However if you arrive late or I'm not here to greet you the keys will be left outside for you in a secret spot.
Review the HOME MANUAL/GUIDEBOOK in your room for the most commonly asked questions, (such as internet log in, and how to operate the TV, stove and any other appliances, restaurant recommendations, maps, pictures etc..).
There is an additional room for rent upstairs in the front so you may cross paths with the other renter. I do my best to make introductions but if I am not here please introduce yourselves to one another. I am very selective about the people I choose to rent to and ask everyone to complete the identity verification process before accepting you. I typically trust my intuition and I have been very fortunate to have had the most wonderful, respectful, people stay with me who cherish the beach as much as I do. Many of my housemates end up becoming long life friends. Its one of the unexpected bonuses of this unique lodging environment.
The neighborhood has a very quiet beachfront. It's considered a very safe, upscale community with friendly people who smile, hug and say "hello" to everyone. The residents are a diverse mix of happy surfers, artists, volleyball players, film-industry executives and just about everyone else. Everyone is VERY health conscious so don't be surprised at how many people you will find engaging in diverse outdoor activities and exercises to stay in shape.
The neighborhood is conveniently nestled between Venice/Santa Monica and the south Bay, and Only 10 minutes to both the 405 and 10 fwy's and 12 minutes to LAX airport (a $23 taxi ride with luggage or try LYFT or UBER for half the price).
You can walk to almost anyplace so you don't necessarily need a car. The beach house is only a few blocks from cafes, bars, restaurants, shops, pier, boat marina, boat rental, surf shops, Venice canals, Venice Boardwalk, yoga, pilates, banks, dry cleaners & market. The apartment is located in a just next door to a very small, private spa where you can get a deep tissue massage or just about any other holistic treatment you might want.
There is SO much to do and see in and around our area that you couldn't see and do it all in a month! You can rent bicycles, roller blades, boats, surf and paddle boards and just about anything else from the rental shop 3 blocks away. You can bike to Abbot Kinney Blvd, Admiralty Way in the marina or Santa Monica Third Street Promenade for additional shopping, restaurants, bars, movie theaters and the Santa Monica Pier. Free Summer concerts are held Thursday nights on the SM Pier and in Marina del Rey on weekends at Burton Chase Park and at the Open Air, Organic Farmers Market Festival every Sunday On Main street & Ocean Park. During the Autumn, we have street fairs and art festivals and during December there are two Christmas boat parades with fireworks and crazy fun theme decorations. So much fun! Thers era also great places to go for a day trips 20-40min away such as the Santa Monica pier for the kids theme park carnival, the marine aquarium, the ferris wheel and the newly built park, restaurants, and day trips to Malibu and Escondido Falls, Temescal Canyon hiking and Topanga Canyon, or south to Redondo or Laguna Beach to watch the Olympic volleyball players training in action. It's endless!
You don't really need a car. Most locals bike, skate, walk or grab a cheap ride-service such as "LYFT" (50% cheaper than a standard taxi and a much nicer car ride). Just download the LYFT app to your smart phone and use the promo code ELIZABETH337512 for a $10 FREE credit on your first ride. Most guests tell me they wish they didn't spend the money renting a car.
There is also a bus stop just a few blocks away that will take you into Hollywood. There is also a bike path nearby that will take you al the way to the Santa Monica pier. However, if you do have a car you have a guaranteed PRIVATE PARKING SPACE with your unit.
Other Things to Note
* PROFESSIONAL PHOTO SESSION: $325
Document this special vacation with great images from an award-winning portrait photographer and the author of 3 photography portrait books (including “The Art Of The Engagement Photography") for a fraction of the standard rates. It can be used for a romantic couples session (which include can include individual portraits), a family portrait or individual portrait. The session takes approx 45 min to shoot in and around the beach area of the house and include 250 custom, digitally retouched, high-resolution files.
* Check-in time: ANYTIME AFTER 3:00
* Check-out time: ANYTIME BEFORE 11:00am
These times "may" be adjusted depending on the incoming and outgoing of other housemates. The keys are left for you in a secret spot which is included in your TRAVEL ITINERARY which you will revive with your reservation confirmation. Please read it carefully.
* NO ADDITIONAL GUESTS without permission and add'l fees of $25 per person per night x the full duration of your reservation. This includes children. You must make a reservation for the total number of guests staying or pay the additional fees by your arrival date. * WARNING: Due to the chronic issue of guests "sneaking" in additional guests without paying we regret to announce that if you do not report your additional guests you will forfeit your deposit. Our discounted base rates are for single travelers and based on the number of beds our cleaning people must clean. More people means more utilities, more laundry, more water, more toilet paper, shampoo, soap, cleaning supplies etc.. etc.. and we must pay our cleaning service more. Thank you for your understanding and your cooperation.
* NO ANIMALS or PETS (including service dogs - sorry owner is allergic), NO SMOKING, NO CANDLES, NO PARTIES, NO ADD'L OVERNIGHT GUESTS. This is a PEACEFUL, SHARED SANCTUARY. I am seeking, quiet, respectable housemates only.
* PARKING IS TANDEM. Your room includes 1 PARKING SPACE located under the FAR LEFT side of the FAR LEFT carport. DO NOT PARK ANYPLACE ELSE OR YOU WILL BE TOWED. The town house has 4 parking spots exclusively reserved for "other" renters in the building. In our tandem parking spot you will be parked in front of (or behind) another housemate's vehicle. This means YOU MUST LEAVE YOUR CAR KEYS in the kitchen in the event we need or switch out the cars and you are not available to move your car. This is standard at all the homes along the beach area. There is also street parking available across the street. CAUTION: DO NOT PARK ANY PLACE ELSE OR YOUR CAR WILL GET TOWED.
RULES: If you are a couple you MUST make reservation for 2 persons. Jan-May: 3-Night min stay. June 1-Aug 30: 4-Night min Stay (unless there is a random vacancy in a booked calendar). Please inquire.
PLEASE NOTE: We have a SEVERE WATER SHORTAGE in California so each housemate is allotted one bath towel + one washcloth per person per week. We also include one hand towel per bathroom. Additional towels are $15 per set. You may also find buckets in your shower to collect unused shower water. This will be recycled to water our garden.
* Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
* DISCLAIMER: USE OF SPORTING GOODS: PLEASE NOTE: By You (and all members of your party) agree to use the supplied sporting goods (sur(SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN)oards, boogie boards, bicycles, skateboards, rollerblades, paddle tennis or any other sporting items) at your own risk and hold the owner, host and building manager 100% harmless against any injuries or death that might occur by the use of these items. If you do not know how to surf it is highly advised that you take a lesson from a certified surf instructor. Surfing is far more challenging than it looks. Please use caution when playing in the ocean. Enjoy but be Safe!