About this listing
The most comfortable condo (leather couches and super deluxe comfy beds!) in Villas Rio Dulce! See Colorados breaking from your balcony and bedroom window!
NOTE: New leather Sofa Love seat combo in FEB 2014! Sorry, not reflected in photos yet but you will love em!!!
Villas Rio Dulce #9 has been the MOST POPULAR RENTAL with the highest occupancy rate in the Villas Rio Dulce condo building for the past 3 years. The reasons:
- Our 3 bedroom, 2 bath unit on the 3rd floor faces both the Rio Dulce river and the jungle on the opposite side. It's right in front of the world famous Colorados surf break.
- Jungle views from the riverbed to the mountaintop! Wake up to an instant surf report with a DIRECT VIEW OF THE COLORADOS SURF BREAK from your Master Bedroom window or the extremely private balcony.
- A MEASURE OF PRIVACY is afforded that is not provided by most other units. It has elevator or stairs access to it's 3rd floor location. It is an OUTSIDE, CORNER unit with only the jungle to the south and the Colorados surf break in front and to the west. There is no foot traffic that looks into or constantly walks past your unit throughout the day! Begin and end each day in complete privacy, peace and quiet, after your busy & draining surfing adventures!
- A CONSTANT off shore BREEZE from Lake Nicaragua to the east sweeps over the mountains and flows gently through the jungle facing windows that comprise the entire south length of the unit. This virtually eliminates the need for AC and allows you to enjoy a comfortable tropical fresh air feel throughout your stay! Feel free to use the AC that each room in the unit provides. However, since it is not necessary in this elevated & breezy unit, you can enjoy the tropical breezes that you came here for in the first place.....And remember the privacy!!!
- A substantially UPGRADED AND CUSTOM FURNITURE package was acquired for our home! The standard builder package purchased by most unit owners does not compare! Most important are HIGH END PLUSH MATRESSES that guarantee a super comfortable sleep and rejuvenation after a full day's pounding by the waves. This is of the highest priority for any surfer!
In addition, we have selected gallery quality driftwood pieces from the nearby beach and river bed as well as several Nicaraguan themed 'Primitivista' framed oils from Luis Alvarado. He is widely regarded as the country's top artist in that genre. All in an effort to provide our home with a decorator's touch and a 'home away from home' feel not typically associated with a vacation rental. The couch and chair cushions are brand new as of November 2012.
- With our condo's south, southeast orientation, the hot afternoon sun is not a factor with this unit. Unlike other units there is NO need to close the drapes to block out the sun, shut the windows and crank the AC during that time of day.
- Our 3 bedroom can be configured as 1 king & 4 twins, 2 kings and 2 twins, or as 6 twins.
- Our fully stocked kitchen has stainless steel refrigerator & stove. Coffee Maker, Microwave, blender, ice cube trays, and a complete array of cooking utensils, dishes and silverware, etc.
- A flat screen TV with Claro satellite, DVD, IPod dock stereo, and LIBRARY OF 1000+ MOVIES, various HBO & Showtime series, and over 3000 songs from various artists is also provided.
- An ON-SITE MANAGER In THE BUILDING to handle any type of short term needs and/or extra-curricular activities. Day trips could include: Area eco-tours, yoga, manicure, massage, Spanish language lessons, local musicians, fishing trips, mountain climbing, horseback riding, zip lines, volcano hikes, bike and motorcycle rentals, etc.
- Hacienda Iguana is one of the top surfing venues in Nicaragua. Strong winds that originate from Lake Nicaragua to the east, flow over the mountains, and head offshore 330+ days a year, 24 hours a day! Colorados is a now famous world class surf break. Panga Drops is a short 5 minute walk up the beach from there. Colorados is a fast, multi-peaked, barrelling beach break. Panga Drops is a tamer A-framing reef & rock break. There are several other quality breaks in the area that we can arrange boats to.
General amenities available include:
- a private community beachside pool restaurant/bar/seating area for lounging, swimming and watching sunsets.
- several excellent area restaurants to visit for fabulous food and amazing vistas.
- discounted membership rates at the 10 hole, well maintained and manicured tropical jungle golf course on-site, and at reduced rates.
- Fully cooked Meal Plans available.
- Wireless internet and satellite TV.
- Transportation to and from the airport in Managua as well as around the local area.
- Fresh fish and lobster delivered to your door. Ask about meal plans!
Additional information about rental rates
Surf Season (March-September)
$170/night - 1-2 people
$200/night – 3-4 people
$230/night – 5-6 people
Regular Season (October-February)
$150/night - 1-2 people
$180/night – 3-4 people
$210/night – 5-6 people
10th night FREE
Easter and Holidays Add $100 per night.
**Easter Premium applies Wed,. Thurs, Fri, & Sat night prior to Easter.
**Xmas Rate applies Dec 24 through night of Jan 1.
All common areas including Beach Club/Pool/Resturant/Bar a two minute walk away on the beach!
Interaction with Guests
Whenever necessary & available 7x24. There is an on-site manager a few doors down in the same building.
Easy access to the beach and waves!!! Great local resturants and places to visit.
No. But there are taxis& shuttles & rental cars available to go most anywhere. Guided tours to anywhere in Nicaragua!
Other Things to Note
Interested in a meal plan with a private cook? Let us do the cooking for you. Here is the menu (in Spanish) . Every meal will be delicious!
M E N Ú – Villas Rio Dulce #9
BREAKFAST - DESAYUNO
Huevos rellenos con Tostadas
Jugo de Naranja
Huevos rancheros con Tostadas
Gallo Pinto con Huevos Revueltos Jamón y Tostadas
Huevos Joshbrow y Tostadas
Sandwich Huevo Tostadas Bacon y Queso Amarillo
Pankekes con Frutas y sin Frutas
Lunch – Almuerzo
Pollo a la plancha ( Arroz , Frijoles , Ensalada de Lechuga)
Cerdo a la Plancha ( Arroz Salsa Criolla y Tostones)
Bisteck de Res ( Arroz Puré de Papas y Tostones )
Pescado Entero al Ajillo ( Arroz Tostones y Frijoles )
Pollo Empanizado ( Arroz, Pico de Gallo y Frjoles molidos )
Dinner - CENA
Filete de Pescado con Salsa criolla al ajillo
Spaguetti con Vegetales y Pan con Ajo
Fajitas de Pollo con Arroz, Ensalada de lechuga y Frijoles
Bisteck de Cerdo con Vegetales, Arroz y Frijoles
Bisteck de Res Jalapeño con Arroz, Tostones y Ensalada
$35 per person per day includes 3 meals, water, Orange Juice, Coca Cola. Alcoholic Beverages not included but we will fill your order at cost.
Todd is the man! As a host he was always available to answer my questions, take care of any changes and offer his invaluable insight. Could not have been a better guide and host!
The condo is perfectly described in both words and pictures. It does indeed sit in front of a great stretch of beach and is like an oasis. Todd was able to accommodate me and my surf buddies by providing us with the best chef Ericka and Luis who provided us transportation to and from the airport. The condo has great wifi and cable for Nicaragua standards. The rooms are clean, spacious and luxurious (again for Nica standards).
Unfortunately the surf dropped to ankle breakers so my group decided to cut the trip short. No biggie cuz we wanted to savor the positive overhead surf we got at the beginning of the trip so everyone feels energized to come back again next Spring.
The host canceled this reservation 18 days before arrival. This is an automated posting.
Everything about the place was amazing. From the location to the condo to the people, we have nothing but great things to say about Todd, his condo, and Hacienda Iguana. The listing is completely correct and Todd did everything in his power to accommodate us throughout the trip. His connection in the immediate area were extremely helpful for certain asks we had.
We cant wait to go again!
Thanks Todd. We had a great time at your place. It was in an amazing location. Very modern, spacious and clean. We enjoyed the surf, sun, view and nature. Todd replied immediately and was so helpful in arranging transfers and putting us in contact with the local fishermen for delicious fresh seafood. Thanks again
The condo was very nice, and it looked just like the pictures. The beach is amazing and the bar and restaurant were good as well, they have a great happy hour. Todd is always accessible, and Erika and Manuel who work there were very helpful too. I would love to visit again. If you plan on cooking you should get food in Rivas to do so, the resort is quite aways from big super markets.
Had an amazing time at Condo Rio Dulce. The condo it self was beautiful with a full kitchen and great view from the balcony. Todd was a huge help in providing us anything that was needed from fresh banana bread to transportation and more. Great location close to the surf and quiet room at night to rest up for the next day. The air conditioning was a huge plus even though the condo itself stays pretty cool with the breeze and open windows. Would recommend to anyone and everyone.
The experience was great and the communication with Todd was perfect. He was very helpful always. Great place. I have to come back without any doubts.
About the Host, Todd
We are a married couple from Iowa visiting our son for these 3 days. He shares a Manhatten Beach house with 3 other guys and doesn't have a room for us.