This is a large flat, very sunny since the whole side of the flat gives on a large terrace (35m”). There are two separated rooms with a sliding wall. Once opened, the space is very large.
The place is very quiet though it is located very near to the city center. You'll have a 5 min walk to place Chauderon, and less than 12 minutes to Lausanne main station.
There is also a bus connection straight out of the building (line 9). food shops are next door, post office in the same building, a drug store also if needed, and for those who loves good things, there's the finest Italian restaurant just in front. You definitely have to try it once if you stay here !
There is also an internet connexion with wi-fi, a place to work with flat screen and keybord to connect your laptop to, and a screen in the living room to watch movies (you need a VGA connector to plug your laptop in). Bed size is 140cm.
We had great time in Lausanne :-) and the apartment was great, everything as promised!!!
I fully recommend Olivier's apartment. It's located in the center of Lausanne, near public transportation and near shops. The flat is very spacious and well decorated. There is a big terrace which is great if you have a child. Upon arrival the apartment was clean and the bathroom and kitchen are functional. Everything we needed was present (sheets, towels, soap, cleaning products, ...).
The host is very nice and easy to contact if needed.
I stayed in Lausanne for almost two weeks and had a good time in Olivier's apartment. It it comfortable, clean, and has a nice kitchen if you enjoy cooking. The location is quite good, only 15 min from downtown, with public transit conveniently passing by.
Only flaw, for those who need to do laundry, it has to be booked through a weird system, so i advice you to ask Olivier in advance.
We stayed for 2 months in this flat.
Olivier was a very welcoming host, explained everything clearly and even helped us getting installed.
The flat really is as it is showed on the pictures: nice if you are into vintage. The sofa and bed are a bit "outdated" though, and need replacement because they`re not quit ergonomically any more...
Wifi worked impeccably.
Globally good value for money.
I stayed in Olivier's apartment with my wife and 1.5yo daughter for nearly three months, during my sabbatical leave at UNIL in Lausanne (Sep-Nov). We were very happy with our stay. This sunny apartment is very conveniently located near the #9 bus station and less than a 10 min walk to Lausanne-Flon. Our daughter spent a lot of time at nearby Parc de Valency (2 blocks away), a children's library (5 min walk), and at the apartment's large, ground-floor balcony (a safe place for small kids). The children's Hopital de l'Enfance is just two blocks in case of an emergency. Many stores are located within a couple of blocks, such as pharmacies, a supermarket right next door, and a small grocery store that is open until late. It took me less than 30 min to commute to the UNIL/EPFL campus. The kitchen had what we needed to prepare dinner at home daily. The sliding door separates the bedroom area at night (so our daughter could sleep early) and allows for a large area during the day. The laundry room on the same floor is accessible every 8-9 days.
Olivier has been a very cool host, always in contact when needed and at our disposal. His apartment is very nice, clean and the location is great! It has a great balcony, with a tiny but awesome view of the mountains and the lake.
You can walk to the city center (8min), which is valuable after midnight.
Olivier contacted us in advance to give us the keys.
I would totally recommend his place to rent. And I will probably rent it again if I have the chance to stay in Lausanne another time.
*Points positifs de la location/ positive aspects:
- Proche du centre / close to the center
- très proche des supermarchés / very close to shops
- suffisamment d'espace pour 2-3 personnes / enough space for 2-3 persons
*Points négatifs de la location/ negative aspects:
- super super sale, terre, tapis, vaisselles, salle de bain et même l'aspirateur qui n'aspire plus tellement il est bouché par des saloperies. Après avoir roulé en voiture presque 6 heure avec un bébé de 15 mois, on était obligé de faire le ménage pendant 2 heures pour pouvoir vivre dans la propreté / super super dirty, ground, carpet, dishes, bathroom and even the hoover. after driving for 6 hours with a baby of 15 months, we spent 2 hours cleaning the apartment by ourselves.
- la pression de l'eau chaude pour la douche est trop trop faible / the pressure of the hot water for the shower is very very low.
- la couette est très petite, elle convient à 1 personne / the duvet is very small, it is suitable for only 1 person.
- Il n'y a pas de machine à laver dans l'appartement mais dans l'immeuble. En plus elle est accessible uniquement 1 fois tous les 10 jours. On est resté 6 jours et on n'a pas pu avoir accès / the washing machine isn't located in the apartment but in the building and it is available for you only once every 10 days. We have stayed 6 days and couldn't use it.
-l'appartement ne fait pas deux chambres comme c'est indiqué mais 1 chambre et un séjour / There is only 1 bedroom (not 2) and 1 living room.
Pour tous ces points négatifs je ne peux pas recommander cet appartement / for all these negative aspects I can't recommend this apartment.
This host has 2 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews