Welcome! We are offering a clean, private room in a charming and unique two-bed/one-bath apartment within walking distance of the Santa Monica beach, shops, and restaurants. (We will be staying in the other bedroom.) The apartment is on the lower level of a small, friendly complex in a beautiful, quiet neighborhood. The guest room includes a brand new queen bed and hardwood floors. The bathroom and common rooms will be shared by us, your hosts. Here are some specs:
Santa Monica Beach: 1/4 mile
Third Street Promenade: 3/4 mile
Montana Avenue district: 1/4 mile
Santa Monica Pier: 1.5 miles
Venice Beach boardwalk: 3-4 miles
UCLA: 5 miles
Getty Museum: 5.5 miles
Hollywood: 12 miles
LAX airport: 10 miles
Parking is tricky on our street but can usually be done within a couple of blocks. Need a car? Consider the BigBlueBus or RelayRides websites.
We cannot accommodate pets or smoking inside the house. Guests are responsible for their own (website hidden) closet space is available. Please read and print out our house manual before arriving. Please check in after 2pm and before 10pm. Please check out by 11am.
Clean, high thread count sheets and cotton towels will be provided. Additional laundry service (for longer stays) can be provided upon request only.
What to expect from us: We are a friendly, respectful, peaceful, working couple who will be occupying the second bedroom during your stay. When we're not busy with other things, we love getting to know our guests. In fact, we prefer guests who are willing to make at least few minutes of chit chat to get to know each other a bit, so please don't feel obligated to hide from us! On the other hand, if you prefer to do your own thing, we're happy with that too!
If you are interested in renting the entire house without co-occupants, please ask!
Price is subject to vary seasonally.
Below are some recommendations about places to visit in the LA area:
Search: LA magazine's Best of LA for great tips for hikes, shopping, and eats
- turn right when leaving our house to intersect with Montana Ave. Left at Montana until you hit the park (5 blocks).
- great views of the ocean & boardwalk
- walk left (south) to the boardwalk (20 min walk)
Santa Monica Boardwalk & pier
- checkout the Ferris wheel wheel (great light shows at night) & roller-coaster
- walk back up Colorado to the 3rd St promenade
Third Street Promenade
- loads of cool shops & restaurants
- Zengo for drinks & tapas on the patio by the fireplace (Latin American / Asian fusion) (a little pricey, but worth it!)
- stroll the man-made homage to the true Venice
- enjoy the beautiful & unique architecture
Venice beach boardwalk:
- walk the boardwalk and check out all the beautiful weirdos doing their thing
- look for free street parking inland around the canals
- best during the daytime, be sure to secure valuables & read parking signs carefully
Silver Lake / Los Feliz area
Griffith park & observatory
- Free entrance to park & observatory
- Free parking
- Great views of LA
- Be sure to check out a show in the planetarium
Silver Lake Ramen
2927 West Sunset Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90026
- A good stop after visiting Griffith park
- A celebrity favorite
- Cheap & awesome, authentic ramen with an Californian twist
The Museum of Jurassic Technology
- One of my very favorite LA gems
- Smithsonian magazine called it "a witty, self-conscious homage to private museums of yore . . . when natural history was only barely charted by science, and museums were closer to Renaissance cabinets of curiosity."
- Enjoy tea & cookies upstairs in the aviary
Los Angeles Downtown
- keep an eye out for cool architecture & murals
The Hive gallery:
- cool modern gallery with affordable art from up-and-coming local artists
-the second Thursday of the month, where many of the galleries in downtown LA host events featuring live music, live drawing, and sometimes free food & wine. Be sure to check out the food truck bonanza
Los Angeles fashion district:
- Score great deals from little side shops selling warehouse extras from name brands like Express & American Apparel
- great CA Mexican (check out the vegan menudo)
- cool vibe, cheap prices, full (email hidden) to refresh after a long day of shopping
- enjoy a macaron and a capuchino after dinner
The Last Bookstore:
- amazingly cool space. Be sure to check out the upstairs book labyrinth
Eyal & Jen were wonderful hosts. Their home was very welcoming. Great location to enjoy the sights of Santa Monica. Would most certainly recommend.
gracious hosts, great apartment, wonderful location!
Eyal and Jen are wonderful hosts.
I felt like I was staying with long-lost relatives, rather than with strangers. Any interaction with either was warm, kind and genuine. The actual apartment space is quite nice - well kept and clean and the location couldn't be better. It was no more than a 5 or 10 minute to the water, the 3rd St Promenade and a tonne of good restaurants. I'll definitely stay here again.
Jen and Eyal are gracious hosts. Easy to work with and very clear in communications and house rules. Answered all my visitor questions knowledgeably. They've (email hidden) to share with visitors. Stayed there for a night. Quiet neighborhood. Very clean apartment and the common area is comfortable to be in - personable yet neutral, so spending time in their livingroom and kitchen is easy. Close to beach.
Eyal and Jen were the perfect hosts.
The room they rent out is HUGE, even bigger than my own bedroom... and what to say about the location? Heavenly. Just 5 blocks away from the beach.
I could not recommend this more. I had such a pleasant stay and I would definitely stay here again next time I'm in L.A.
Good place to stay, excellent location - only few minutes walk to promenade and piere, safe and quiet neighborhood. We met only Eyal who was welcoming and gave a good advices.
Very friendly & hospitable hosts! Great room in a safe & awesome location. Would definitely recommend staying here :)
Eyal and Jen were awesome hosts! They greeted us late Friday night to give us the lay of the land and let us inside. The apartment is a short 15 minute walk from all the fun spots in Santa Monica. Their home was clean, comfortable and quiet. Both Eyal and Jen were so friendly and welcoming - we thoroughly appreciate their hospitality. If you're planning a trip to LA we recommend staying with these two.
I (email hidden) for 3nights. Eyal and Jen, they were just awesome！☻ I traveled to LA alone this time from JAPAN and my frist time to use this airBnb so I was khnda nervous. but after I could meet them totally relax. location is so nice too! can walk to 3rd promnerd, beach and nice restaurant, cafe... everything was there. I took Yoga lesson nere there too. I was very glad to meet them and talk to‼︎ they made my trip^ ^thank you.
It was so great staying at Eyal and Jen's place. The room was quite lovely and conveniently located! It was a very short stay, only one night, but we felt very comfortable and welcome.
Thank you Eyal for a wonderful experience!
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.
This is the final rate, including VAT along with fees from the host and Airbnb.
This is the fee charged by Airbnb
This is the fee charged by Airbnb and includes VAT