Welcome! We are offering a clean, private room in a charming and unique two-bed/one-bath apartment within walking distance of the Santa Monica beach, shops, and restaurants. (We will be staying in the other bedroom.) The apartment is on the lower level of a small, friendly complex in a beautiful, quiet neighborhood. The guest room includes a brand new queen bed and hardwood floors. The bathroom and common rooms will be shared by us, your hosts. Here are some specs:
Santa Monica Beach: 1/4 mile
Third Street Promenade: 3/4 mile
Montana Avenue district: 1/4 mile
Santa Monica Pier: 1.5 miles
Venice Beach boardwalk: 3-4 miles
UCLA: 5 miles
Getty Museum: 5.5 miles
Hollywood: 12 miles
LAX airport: 10 miles
Parking is tricky on our street but can usually be done within a couple of blocks. Need a car? Consider the BigBlueBus or RelayRides websites.
We cannot accommodate pets or smoking inside the house. Guests are responsible for their own food. Limited closet space is available. Please read and print out our house manual before arriving. Please check in after 2pm and before 10pm. Please check out by 11am.
Clean, high thread count sheets and cotton towels will be provided. Additional laundry service (for longer stays) can be provided upon request only.
What to expect from us: We are a friendly, respectful, peaceful, working couple who will be occupying the second bedroom during your stay. When we're not busy with other things, we love getting to know our guests. In fact, we prefer guests who are willing to make at least few minutes of chit chat to get to know each other a bit, so please don't feel obligated to hide from us! On the other hand, if you prefer to do your own thing, we're happy with that too!
If you are interested in renting the entire house without co-occupants, please ask!
Price is subject to vary seasonally.
Below are some recommendations about places to visit in the LA area:
Search: LA magazine's Best of LA for great tips for hikes, shopping, and eats
- turn right when leaving our house to intersect with Montana Ave. Left at Montana until you hit the park (5 blocks).
- great views of the ocean & boardwalk
- walk left (south) to the boardwalk (20 min walk)
Santa Monica Boardwalk & pier
- checkout the Ferris wheel wheel (great light shows at night) & roller-coaster
- walk back up Colorado to the 3rd St promenade
Third Street Promenade
- loads of cool shops & restaurants
- Zengo for drinks & tapas on the patio by the fireplace (Latin American / Asian fusion) (a little pricey, but worth it!)
- stroll the man-made homage to the true Venice
- enjoy the beautiful & unique architecture
Venice beach boardwalk:
- walk the boardwalk and check out all the beautiful weirdos doing their thing
- look for free street parking inland around the canals
- best during the daytime, be sure to secure valuables & read parking signs carefully
Silver Lake / Los Feliz area
Griffith park & observatory
- Free entrance to park & observatory
- Free parking
- Great views of LA
- Be sure to check out a show in the planetarium
Silver Lake Ramen
2927 West Sunset Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90026
- A good stop after visiting Griffith park
- A celebrity favorite
- Cheap & awesome, authentic ramen with an Californian twist
The Museum of Jurassic Technology
- One of my very favorite LA gems
- Smithsonian magazine called it "a witty, self-conscious homage to private museums of yore . . . when natural history was only barely charted by science, and museums were closer to Renaissance cabinets of curiosity."
- Enjoy tea & cookies upstairs in the aviary
Los Angeles Downtown
- keep an eye out for cool architecture & murals
The Hive gallery:
- cool modern gallery with affordable art from up-and-coming local artists
-the second Thursday of the month, where many of the galleries in downtown LA host events featuring live music, live drawing, and sometimes free food & wine. Be sure to check out the food truck bonanza
Los Angeles fashion district:
- Score great deals from little side shops selling warehouse extras from name brands like Express & American Apparel
- great CA Mexican (check out the vegan menudo)
- cool vibe, cheap prices, full bar. A great place to refresh after a long day of shopping
- enjoy a macaron and a capuchino after dinner
The Last Bookstore:
- amazingly cool space. Be sure to check out the upstairs book labyrinth
Must read the House Manual prior to arrival. The manual will be included in your Airbnb confirmation e-mail, and it is not the same thing as the House Rules.
Must check in after 2pm and before 10pm unless otherwise approved (First day only.)
Must check out by 11am unless otherwise approved (Last day only).
No pets or smoking inside. Santa Monica law also prohibits smoking within 25 feet of any door or window.
Must close windows before leaving.
Guest is responsible for repayment or replacement of any accidental damages.
Volume level must be respectful to our wonderful neighbors.
No unapproved visitors (ask us first, please).
No eating or drinking in bed (to protect linens).
We cannot accommodate guests with kids under age 12.
We cannot allow unauthorized downloads, such as pirated movies, from our wireless internet. (Providers can often detect this and cancel the customer's service.)
Thanks for understanding.
Eyal and Jen are up there with the loveliest hosts that I've met through Airbnb. Very accommodating and kind, I even felt like they were treating me like they were sharing the place with me as opposed to hosting me which made me feel very comfortable. On top of this, the apartment is immaculate with a nice amount of personality. Bed was comfortable, house was quiet and was walking distance to the beach and downtown Santa Monica. I hope I'll be back some day!
Eyal and Jen were very welcoming and friendly. The location was great, walking distance from the beach, Santa Monica pier, promenade walk, and restaurants. Their home was very clean and comfortable. Would definitely stay again.
Great staying with Jen and Eyal - both are very friendly and with good suggestions of things to see in the area. The bed is also super comfortable.
I stayed at Eyal and Jen's place for two nights, and I'd give it the very highest, most enthusiastic recommendation. Their apartment and the guest room itself are more than comfortable and pleasant -- plus I'm sure theirs is the only airbnb place on planet earth whose interior decorations include a banjo, a unicycle, and a copy of Edith Hamilton's Mythology. Their location in Santa Monica could hardly be better. You can walk for 15 minutes in one direction to a lovely stretch of beach and in the opposite direction to a nice range of restaurants and food stores. (Even if you usually hate chicken pot pie, ask Jen where to get chicken pot pie.) Most of all, Eyal and Jen are every airbnb guest's dream: warm, helpful, smart, accommodating, and delightful. Two thumbs up. Actually, five or six thumbs up, now that I think about it.
Eyal and Jen are very friendly,very nice comfortably room as like home.Thank u very much!
Great location & great hosts, offered helpful tips for my travels through California. Thanks!
Jen and Eyal were very welcoming and friendly hosts. The apartment was tidy and the location was perfect. I really enjoyed my stay.
This host has 43 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
We are a down-to-earth couple (ages 35 and 30) who love to try new things and meet new people. During the week, we're usually pretty busy with school and work, but are happy to host you any day of the week. Eyal is a researcher in social science and prefers unicycling over walking. Jen is a business entrepreneur, and loves to speak in Korean. Looking forward to meeting you!