Welcome! We are offering a clean, private room in a charming and unique two-bed/one-bath apartment within walking distance of the Santa Monica beach, shops, and restaurants. (We will be staying in the other bedroom.) The apartment is on the lower level of a small, friendly complex in a beautiful, quiet neighborhood. The guest room includes a brand new queen bed and hardwood floors. The bathroom and common rooms will be shared by us, your hosts. Here are some specs:
Santa Monica Beach: 1/4 mile
Third Street Promenade: 3/4 mile
Montana Avenue district: 1/4 mile
Santa Monica Pier: 1.5 miles
Venice Beach boardwalk: 3-4 miles
UCLA: 5 miles
Getty Museum: 5.5 miles
Hollywood: 12 miles
LAX airport: 10 miles
Parking is tricky on our street but can usually be done within a couple of blocks. Need a car? Consider the BigBlueBus or RelayRides websites.
We cannot accommodate pets or smoking inside the house. Guests are responsible for their own food. Limited closet space is available. Please read and print out our house manual before arriving. Please check in after 2pm and before 10pm. Please check out by 11am.
Clean sheets and towels will be provided. Additional laundry service (for longer stays) can be provided upon request only.
What to expect from us: We are a friendly, respectful, peaceful, working couple who will be occupying the second bedroom during your stay. When we're not busy with other things, we love getting to know our guests. In fact, we prefer guests who are willing to make at least few minutes of chit chat to get to know each other a bit, so please don't feel obligated to hide from us! On the other hand, if you prefer to do your own thing, we're happy with that too!
If you are interested in renting the entire house without co-occupants, please ask!
Price is subject to vary seasonally.
Below are some recommendations about places to visit in the LA area:
Search: LA magazine's Best of LA for great tips for hikes, shopping, and eats
- turn right when leaving our house to intersect with Montana Ave. Left at Montana until you hit the park (5 blocks).
- great views of the ocean & boardwalk
- walk left (south) to the boardwalk (20 min walk)
Santa Monica Boardwalk & pier
- checkout the Ferris wheel wheel (great light shows at night) & roller-coaster
- walk back up Colorado to the 3rd St promenade
Third Street Promenade
- loads of cool shops & restaurants
- Zengo for drinks & tapas on the patio by the fireplace (Latin American / Asian fusion) (a little pricey, but worth it!)
- stroll the man-made homage to the true Venice
- enjoy the beautiful & unique architecture
Venice beach boardwalk:
- walk the boardwalk and check out all the beautiful weirdos doing their thing
- look for free street parking inland around the canals
- best during the daytime, be sure to secure valuables & read parking signs carefully
Silver Lake / Los Feliz area
Griffith park & observatory
- Free entrance to park & observatory
- Free parking
- Great views of LA
- Be sure to check out a show in the planetarium
Silver Lake Ramen
2927 West Sunset Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90026
- A good stop after visiting Griffith park
- A celebrity favorite
- Cheap & awesome, authentic ramen with an Californian twist
The Museum of Jurassic Technology
- One of my very favorite LA gems
- Smithsonian magazine called it "a witty, self-conscious homage to private museums of yore . . . when natural history was only barely charted by science, and museums were closer to Renaissance cabinets of curiosity."
- Enjoy tea & cookies upstairs in the aviary
Los Angeles Downtown
- keep an eye out for cool architecture & murals
The Hive gallery:
- cool modern gallery with affordable art from up-and-coming local artists
-the second Thursday of the month, where many of the galleries in downtown LA host events featuring live music, live drawing, and sometimes free food & wine. Be sure to check out the food truck bonanza
Los Angeles fashion district:
- Score great deals from little side shops selling warehouse extras from name brands like Express & American Apparel
- great CA Mexican (check out the vegan menudo)
- cool vibe, cheap prices, full bar. A great place to refresh after a long day of shopping
- enjoy a macaron and a capuchino after dinner
The Last Bookstore:
- amazingly cool space. Be sure to check out the upstairs book labyrinth
Had a lovely experience with Eyal and Jen. They were very friendly and hospitable! Everything you would expect from a b&b: perfect location (from shops, beach, market) in a quiet neighborhood, clean & comfortable, and loved how quickly they responded to any concerns or questions we had. Thanks again for the wonderful stay!
Be ready to be greater with a smile, a beautiful room with a big comfy bed, a clean and neat apartment and a killer location, just blocks from the ocean. A great neighborhood within a block of shops, you'll be as happy to come back to the apartment as you were to leave to explore because Eyel and Jen are just the loveliest host. Warm and friendly, you could only wish more people were like that, and that's what made my short stay so memorable.
Nothing is better than being greeted with a smile, Eyal and Jen are so warm and friendly and their place felt like home.
Beautiful location not far from the beach in a wonderful neighborhood, they offered a cozy room with a big bed piled with soft welcoming pillows, fast wifi and a set a clean towels neatly folded on the bed, it was simply wonderful, I didn't want to get out of bed in the morning it was so comfortable and peaceful.
Great hosts with a wonderful clean home, I wish we could have spent a little more time talking with them. Sweet, considerate and lovely people.
we had a very good time in eyal and jen the apartment is very well situated in santa monica, the place is quiet and relaxing Room and bedding are very clean
We met Eyal is someone available, communicative and helping we strongly recommend eyal and jen
Friendly hosts with clean and comfortable room. Close to the beach and Santa Monica shopping/restaurants
Although we didn't get to meet Jen ( she is a hard-working night student), Eyal was so kind and gracious. My daughter and I were in town for only one night and we feel sooo lucky to have stayed here. The location is amazing, only four blocks to promade and four blocks to the beach. The condo was spotless, cheerful and warm.
I would HIGHly recommend staying here!
Very good location, comfortable bed, Jen and Eyal are very friendly. The appartment is located in a safe area walking distance from the pier, the 3rd promenade. Everything was great!!
This is a great value room in a super location. Eyal and Jen were friendly and helpful.
Jen and Eyal were great hosts for our night in Santa Monica. We arrived quite late but they had just gotten home themselves and were not bothered. The bed was quite comfortable and they had a cute basket of items in case you forgot a charger or something. Note that (website hidden) maps took us to the back alley entrance insteadof the front. Also we are not used to California garage doors pulling out and up, which is important to gaining entrance when theyre not home. I would definitely consider staying here again.
My friend and I enjoyed our stay with Jen and Eyal. They were gracious hosts and the accommodations were very comfortable. Thanks for a good time and great conversation!