About this listing
READ HOUSE RULES!
READ HOUSE RULES!
READ HOUSE RULES!
Double Bed Private Room in Quiet Clean Lifestyle VEGETARIAN Sanctuary! Supportive historic Downtown 1954 architectural garden duplex with near Strip, Convention Center.
WORLDS away in vibe.
PLEASE READ THE HOUSE RULES!!!
PLEASE READ THE HOUSE RULES!!!
PLEASE READ THE HOUSE RULES!!!
WELCOME to our urban homestead... holistic health oriented, peaceful, relaxing, Vegetarian, Vegan, Raw food Foodists, Organic Gardeners, Eco-Friendly, slow food, yoga, massage table, meditation, sober travel, 12 step, AA recovery, architectural preservation, artists, actors, writers, dancers, musicians, performers, stage and ALL creative and healthy living folks visiting Las Vegas or downtown LasVegas, Las Vegas Convention Center, Zappos, Downtown Project, the Las Vegas Strip. We also try to accommodate guests with allergies or multiple chemical sensitivity mcs.
We have several spaces available! THIS DOUBLE ROOM listing, plus the following:
WHOLE VINTAGE VEGAS HOME airbnb.com/rooms/857177
PRIVATE TWIN ROOM airbnb.com/rooms/905659
PRIVATE QUEEN ROOM airbnb.com/rooms/668147
PRIVATE KING ROOM airbnb.com/rooms/966511
• Secure High Speed Wireless Internet
• Organic Coffee and Tea
• Cold waters in fridge + Complimentary healthy snacks as available
• All indoor and outdoor living urban farm garden areas.
• Central Air Conditioning and Heat
• 1 bath with shower over tub (possibly shared)
• Linens provided
• Fully equipped kitchen with cookware, dishes and utensils provided
• Gas range (no microwave)
• Coffee Maker
• Fruit and Vegetable Juicer
• Vitamix Professional Blender
• Flat panel TV with Cable and DVD player
• Library of educational and inspirational movies: What the Bleep, Peaceful Warrior, the Secret, Depak Chopra, SuperSize me and more...
• Outdoor firepit
• Rebounder and Gravity Machine – Inversion Table
• PING PONG TABLE!
• Washer and Dryer with Eco-safe detergents
• No Carpet. Tile Floors Throughout
• Blackout Drapes
• Free Street Parking is always available out front. Off street parking may be available depending on our occupancy.
Interaction with Guests
We live and work on site. So we may see each other coming and going now and then. We interact only as much as a guest desires: frequently or not. Because this is NOT a whole-house rental, we or our other guests may come in to use the kitchen and/or the yoga room from time to time.
We usually only host 1 guest at a time - so the bath is often not shared and you have loads of privacy. However, there are 2 private bedrooms in this home. IF the other room is occupied, you WILL share the bathroom.
IF you require a whole PRIVATE HOME without ANY sharing, we rent an entire house... please see our 'MID-CENTURY MODERN Health Sanctuary' listing.
1) Need a Recovery Coach or Health Coach to support you? Let us help you with addictive behaviors (alcoholic, drug, opiate, workaholic, sugar, depression, anxiety, cravings, pain, insomnia, and more…) through diet assessment and/or practical customized nutritional advice while grocery shopping and/or herbal shopping? For a nominal fee, we can provide that Expertise!
2) We offer customized classes at our home: Learn how to make Raw Cacao Chocolate! Fermented Sarsaparilla Soda Pop! Kombucha! Sauerkraut! or other raw food and health topics! We are members of the EatWith program and can offer you custom meal plans for special events.
3. DISCOVER VINTAGE VEGAS! Your hostess, wrote the seminal architecture tour guide, Mondo Vegas - Touring Mid Century Modern Las Vegas! We have provided multiple tours for both private groups and for the Neon Museum, World Market Center, Cultural Heritage Commission and Visitors and Convention Center Bureau. We can offer YOU customized "insider" tour guide services if you are interested in seeing a bit of old school vintage historic Las Vegas.
This restored home is part of a Historic Downtown Las Vegas Core: a 1950s architectural neighborhood designed by reknowned Los Angeles Case Study Program architect, A. Quincy Jones (F.A.I.A.)! The developers were Pardee Phillips. It later transitioned to labor-force residents. Now it is transitional with artists and cultural leaders moving in. It is a central urban homestead, historic, downtown-adjacent, eclectic, Bohemian. Conveniently close to the action, but worlds away from the noise and hustle. Family friendly, gay friendly neighborhood near the Huntridge Theater District. Our WalkScore is a 72!
The house and neighborhood are safe. It may look "rough" to the outsider, but due to the summer heat, very few people in Vegas take care of their yards properly - which sucks, BUT we live here and walk or ride bikes day or night!
Please check out our Airbnb Guidebook with TONS of local things to do!
LOCATION AND DISTANCES:
• 1.5 block walk to RTC 109 busline (direct to/from airport and to Downtown Transit Center)
• 3 block walk to SX (Sahara Express) line to the Strip
• .4 miles to Rainbow's End (health food store and restaurant)
• .5 miles to Albertson's and Smiths Markets
• .7 mile to Zagat Rated Lotus of Siam restaurant
• 1.1 miles to 'the Center' (LGBT)
• 1.4 miles to famous Las Vegas Blvd. Strip
• 1.4 miles to the First Friday Downtown Arts District!
• 1.9 miles to Downtown Project Container Park
• 2.0 miles to National Register El Cortez Hotel
• 2.1 miles from the Convention Center
• 2.2 miles to Zappos Headquarters
• 2.4 miles to Downtown 3rd Farmer's Market
• 2.5 miles to the Las Vegas World Market Center - Design Center
• 2.6 miles to Wynn Resorts Hotel
• 2.7 miles to UNLV
• 2.9 miles to Palazzo Venetian Hotel
• 2.9 miles to the Smith Center
• 3.4 miles to Caesars Palace Hotel
• 3.7 miles to the Hard Rock Hotel
• 4 miles to MGM Aria and City Center
• 4.6 miles to the McCarran International Airport (LAS)
• 4.8 miles to the Rio Hotel
NATURE LOVER PERKS
• 5 miles to the Las Vegas Springs Preserve Botanical Garden (110 acres that are home to the largest collection of Mojave Desert cacti and succulent plants, wildlife habitats, walking and biking trails, and educational resources.)• 8 miles to bird watching at Wetlands Park
• 20 miles to America's newest National Monument: Tule Springs pre-Columbian archeological site
• 24 miles to World Class hiking and nature trails at Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area (near Summerlin)
• 42 miles to cool summer hikes in pine trees with seasonal waterfalls at Mount Charleston
TO AND FROM THE AIRPORT
If we are available, we can offer you airport pickup for $30 and drop-off for $20. A cab may cost you more than that. Once you are here, depending on our availability, we may be able to offer you a ride nearby for free!
VINTAGE VEGAS TOURS!
Your hostess wrote the seminal architecture tour guide, Mondo Vegas - Touring Mid Century Modern Las Vegas! (We also have lots of guide books, magazines and maps and loads of info on visiting Los Angeles and Southern California in general.) We have provided multiple tours for both private groups and for the Neon Museum, World Market Center, Cultural Heritage Commission and Visitors and Convention Center Bureau. We can offer YOU customized "insider" tour guide services if you are interested in seeing a bit of old school vintage historic Las Vegas.
Other Things to Note
COMMON FAQ ANSWERS
• This is an URBAN environment, blocks from a major intersection, but this is a quiet street.
• Guests come and go 24/7 (no curfews). But if you have housemates during your stay, be respectful of quiet hours.
• Check-In at 3 pm. YES, it's okay to drop your bags off earlier.
• Check-Out is 12 noon. YES, it's okay to leave bags at the house for rest of the day.
• Early Check-In OR late Check-Out is possible depending on availability.
• Budget discounts for guest(s) staying 1+month stays, repeat (returning) guests, military, veterans (THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!!!). Please ask.
We look forward to making your next stay in Las Vegas memorable and happy!
NEW TO AIRBNB?
This is NOT a "Hotel Room." There is no room service or maid service. You are expected to clean up after yourself and keep the house neat and clean during your entire stay. THIS IS A Private “ROOM” rental. It is like staying in a Bed and Breakfast... without the breakfast. Or like staying in an old fashioned "Rooming House" or "Boarding House." Your room is YOUR personal private space. The rest of the house (Living Room, Kitchen, Dining Room and Bathroom) is a Common Area.
WholeWay Home aims to be GMO FREE, CHEMICAL-FREE & MOLD-FREE. We do not have a microwave. We do not use any pesticides on property and our garden is veganic. We use Organic earth-friendly cleaning products, Organic Teas and Coffee, 100% Cotton towels and sheets, HEPA vacuum, Air filters, Low-flush toilets and Adjustable Low Flow Shower Heads. We use Planet soap. Per their website they are: "Hypo-Allergenic, Certified 100% Biodegradable, Not Tested On Animals, Free From Animal Ingredients, Unscented And Uncolored, Packaged In Recycled Content Containers, Non-Toxic To Aquatic Life, Safe For Septic Systems, Phosphate Free, Free of Nonylphenol Ethoxylates (NPEs)" + Borax on our linens. No softeners or anything else.
temporary, corporate, stays, housing, executive, short term, non casino, stay, long term, living, supportive, educational environment, home, sober living, sobriety, aa, 12 step, 12 steps, rehab, program, treatment, facility, b&b, bed and breakfast, without the breakfast, snacks, house, LEED, Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design, U.S. Green Building Council, green, amenities, historic, preservation, vintage, architecture, Eichler, restoration, recycle, organic, sanctuary, spiritual, success, single story, Mid Century Modern, midmod, mid-mod, furnished, apartment, condo, high-rise, zappos, downtown, downtown project, convention center, the strip, private yard, garden, relocation, relocating, central, safe, place, location, family, friendly, Gay. lesbian, neighborhood, Huntridge, Theater, District, Urban, eclectic Historic Downtown, longer-term, vacations, adventurers, business, professional, academics, vintage, touring, tourist, tips, paleo, diet, westin price, nutribullet, superfood, Living Light, Tree of Life, Raw Spirit, Longevity Now, Raw Living Expo, Gabriel Cousens, David Wolfe, Green Smoothie Girl, Health Force, Nutrition, veganic, green living, Elvis, Frank Sinatra, Rat Pack, Sammy Davis Jr., Dean Martin, Cosmopolitan Hotel, SLS vibe, las vegas, world market center, las vegas design center, magic show, LGBT, pension, pensione, penzione, lodging, boarding house, rooming house
Our former vacation rental by owner property called "The Caddyshack" was voted the BEST Vintage Vegas rental in the city! Now at WholeWay Home we offer every amenity we can think of to have a winning stay in Classic Vintage Las Vegas style!
1) HAVE A CLEAR FACE PHOTO.
2) HAVE A DETAILED DESCRIPTION PARAGRAPH ABOUT WHO YOU ARE. We like to know who will be staying in our home. So describe who you are and what do you like to do.
3) THIS IS A STRICT VEGETARIAN HOME. What you eat off-site is your business. But NO animal flesh OR LEFTOVERS (cows, chickens or fish) when you come back to our house. However, milk, eggs and cheese are FINE.
4) THIS IS NOT A PARTY HOUSE. Yes, a glass of wine or a beer is fine - BUT NOT 5 bottles of Jack Daniels!
5) NO smoking and NO recreational pharmaceuticals.
6) NO pets.
7) NO visitors. NO guests.
8) Guest is responsible for doing their own dishes and cleaning up after themselves IMMEDIATELY.
9) This property as an ALLERGEN FREE home. Guests are requested to not bring artificially flavored, colored, fragrance, genetically modified (GMO) items, heavy fragrance or other potential allergens into the home. Just read labels and try to keep it real folks! :-)
10) These rules are general guidelines. Guests are expected to be polite and respectful and use their common sense.
We adhere to the Golden Rule.
IF YOU WANT TO IMPRESS US - PLEASE PUT the secret word PEEWEE in your note - so we will know that you actually read these rules :-)
I stayed for about 1 month at Anand and Mason's Wholeway Home. It is a peaceful and spiritual place that is very welcoming. The decorations are beautiful and uplifting and the home is neat and clean. It is also very conveniently located to the strip, several stores, the gym, and a natural foods store within walking distance. Anand and Mason are very friendly, accommodating, and supportive as hosts. I look forward to staying with them again in the future.
I love Anand & Mason and their homes so much I decided to stay a year! ;)
During my stay I observed Shabbat with Anand, met a Bikram yogi, got half a dozen great book recommendations, and a couple documentary recommendations too. I was introduced to some great green products and great places to purchase vegan foods.
Anand and Mason were wonderful hosts. Very welcoming and helpful. Excellent location if wanting a quiet place to stay away from the craziness of the strip. Rules are well laid out and easy to follow. Enjoyed my stay very much.
This host has 38 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Anand And Chef Mason
We are Mary-Margaret and Cary Stratton, but you can call us Anand and Mason! When Cary graduated culinary school, he took on the moniker, Raw Chef Mason Green (to end the confusion of his name… are you Gary, Karrie? Carrie? Corey?). Mary-Margaret has used the pen name, Anand, since the 1990s and now most of her friends use it as her nick-name.
We love to travel and to host fellow eco-oriented travelers. We run a 'Conscious Eating' Meetup with over 500 people interested in healthy fun things to do in Las Vegas: raw vegan potlucks, yoga, farmer's markets, gardens, 12 step meetings, hikes, spas, gourmet vegetarian restaurants and much more...
Some of our favorite things to do when traveling are finding local grown food and unique gourmet markets with vegetarian foods, visiting great architecture of any era, hikes to waterfalls and seeing large formal gardens (ala Buschart, Filoli, Longwood, etc.). We also like to find fresh water drinking springs and wild hot springs for soaking.
We were both born in Los Angeles where we became Mid Century Modern architecture fans. Anand started a seminal historic preservation website called LottaLiving and was once a tour captain at the famous Charles and Ray Eames House. We restored a 1964 Eichler Home in L.A. that was designed by A Quincy Jones and Emmons that was in movies and TV and eventually became a historic L.A. landmark! We have since restored several homes in Las Vegas, including Palmer & Krisel and Jones & Emmons homes.
Professionally speaking, Anand is a Creative Director and User Experience Architect. She is a Certified Raw Food Nutritionist and is an ordained Essene. Mason graduated from Living Light Culinary Institute. He is a former Sound Professional (with credits on movies like Titanic and The Big Lebowski!). And guests can hear him play Live Jazz drums every week in Downtown Las Vegas.
We look forward to being your hosts for your fun and healthy home away from home.