- recently remodeled 1+ br suite in historic bldg.
- top floor & lots of light!
- in a highly acclaimed central & safe area, along beautiful Seine river shoreline
- outstanding public transport options
- run by an Airbnb “Superhost”
Fully-equipped kitchen: tableware, cookware, dishwasher, microwave, toaster, teapot...
(Updated 21 May 2012: We are proud to have earned the Airbnb "Superhost" badge which is awarded by Airbnb HQ to selected hosts who have received outstanding reviews from previous guests and have made contributions to the Airbnb system and community to improve the overall experience).
(Update 21 September 2011: We are featured in the AirBnB "Paris Collection" which is a hand-picked selection of 40 Paris properties that the AirBnB staff feel are exceptional. Thanks to our guests for the fantastic reviews!)
WHAT MAKES IT UNIQUE
Renovated recently, with an interior designer's personal touch, this flat will appeal to those who prefer contemporary design but don't want to dissolve the old-world charm of original hard-wood floors and other features that are a quintessential part of living in an historic Parisian building. You'll find all the amenities and you won't find any clutter of personal belongings because we feel that it's an important part of the experience to feel you're coming to Your place -- not tiptoeing around someone else's stuff.
Located on the top-floor (with a small elevator), your bright and airy flat is flooded with south-westerly light from the living room window and morning light from the north-east facing bedroom window.
VERSATILE LAYOUT and PRACTICAL AMENITIES:
- Bedroom(s): 1 separated bedroom with a king-sized bed with high-quality ironed sheets and pillows. There's an air-conditioning unit in this room for the rare moments when it gets too hot.
- Spacious and versatile living-room area converts (if needed) to a 2nd bedroom at sleeping time with a ceiling-to-floor curtain that swings around for visual privacy and isolation from the rest of the flat. You can sleep 1 person on the comfy couch and 1 person in a single-sized fold-out bed. And/or pull out the queen-sized Tempurpedic mattress (sheets and pillows provided) onto the floor to sleep two people. Up to 4 adults can sleep comfortably in the living room area, but I designed it more for a family with children and would expect that the space would feel cramped if it were 4 adults sleeping in this area. There's no air-conditioning here, but a portable fan -- when strategically placed at the entry of the bedroom -- can circulate the air-conditioned air into this area if it gets hot. Otherwise, the evening breeze + fan is usually enough to be comfy during a typical Paris summer evening.
- In the curtain-opened configuration, a bar separates living-room from the kitchen area, allowing you to interact with each-other while making preparations in the kitchen. There's a TV connected to cable channels from many different countries, high-speed wi-fi internet access and free phone calls to normal land and cellular phones of North America and France. Calls to other European countries, India, Brazil, Argentina, Australia are free too if you call normal fixed land-line numbers. A plug adapter for US/UK laptops is provided.
- Kitchen: fully equipped with microwave, oven, dishwasher, gas-stove, large fridge, toaster, kettle, pots/pans, tableware, etc. There's a fold-out table with enclosed chairs.
- Bathroom: Clean, spacious bathroom with bathtub/shower (unlimited French style on-demand hot water system, but downside is that the water pressure is low by american standards) and a toilet in a separate room. Soap, shampoo, towels provided - the kind of high quality stuff you'll find in a boutique-hotel. A washing machine (with built-in dryer) is tucked away under the designer sink and custom-fitted counter-top. Hang-drying, Hair-dryer, Iron & (email hidden) plug adapter provided.
We've tried to make it feel like *your* home away from home - thus the punny name. Our own personal items are locked away. You'll have total privacy and lots of empty storage space. Plus we've stocked the kitchen and refrigerator with basics (coffee, tea, pasta, etc.) so you feel like you just came home to your very own Paris 'pied à terror'
Interaction with Guests
I am an Airbnb "superhost" which means you'll be taken care of professionally. I always answer my phone -- even at night (in case it's an emergency) and will usually go above and beyond to help you.
ABOUT THE NEIGHBOURHOOD:
A little known piece of history is that your flat is located on a patch of land which was once an island called "Ile Louvier". Around 160 years ago, the small offshoot of the river was diverted so this smallest sibling of the 3 islands in the center of Paris, became a part of the right-bank, leaving only 2 emblematic islands in the city's center.
Located in the highly acclaimed 4th arrondisement in heart of Paris, adjacent to the Saint-Louis Island, the botanical gardens (with a mini-zoo), the Latin Quarter, and Le Marais village, This idyllic location has been the the backdrop for many Paris romantic films including "Before Sunset" and "Midnight in Paris". You can stroll along the river, take a boat-ride, partake in the picnicking, dance tango or salsa, shop in the open-air farmer's markets, or browse the designer and antique shops. You'll be immersed in all that makes this area so quintessentially Parisian and attracts discerning locals to live here in one of Paris's most picturesque neighborhoods.
WHY THE LOCATION IS IDEAL:
Very accessible (2 to 7 minutes walking) to all kinds of public transport: bus, metro, city-bikes, boat, and even the direct RER train which can take you to Musée d'Orsay, Louvre, Eiffel Tower, and Versailles. There's a boat "Batobus" dock on the opposite side of the river where you can make a round-trip to the Eiffel Tower and take in the city's beautiful bridges and medieval architecture along the way using the hop-on-hop-off option.
Our street has a separated bike lane and there is an adjacent "Velib" city-bike station from where you can rent a bike for 2€ per day. Bicycling in Paris by using the innovative bike scheme is one of the best ways to enjoy the city. You're lucky to be at the cross-roads of many different bike-paths taking you to all directions in the city.
You can easily get to the airports using the metro/train. (Details on meeting time and the pros/cons of various transfer options will sent to you in a few days prior to your arrival and with your booking confirmation. See "House Manual").
EVERYTHING in the SURROUNDING AREA (5-20 minutes walking distance):
- Your flat is across the street from one of the top-ranked Paris bakeries called "My father was a Baker"
- A mini-convenience store, open until 10:30pm every day, is a block away.
- Cafes, pizzerias and a wide selection of traditional French bistros catering to discerning local clients are all within walking distance.
- A supermarket (Franprix), an organic store (Bio C' Bon), pharmacy, doctor, hospital, credit-card machine, florist, wine, cheese, and other specialized shops, open-air farmer's markets (the "Marché Maubert" -- the oldest known Paris open-air farmers market and The Bastille market on the canal just north of the Bastille).
- An avant-garde contemporary art museum "La Maison Rouge" and the outstanding Paris urban design museum called "Le Pavillon d'Arsenal"
- Great areas for strolling: Le Marais (aka "the village"), the Saint-Paul Village, and Place des Vosges, Notre Dame and Saint Louis Island
- The Botanical Gardens and Natural History Museum and a mini-zoo are across the river.
- On Sundays, the road along the river is closed to cars and open to pedestrians, roller-bladers, and bicyclists.
- Cinemas, Opera, and night-life (jazz clubs, lounges, cafes & bars) in the Bastille and Marais areas.
- One of the best Thai-massage spas in Paris to relax those muscles from your long journeys and sight-seeing.
Many public transport options (bike, metro, train, bus) and easy connections to airports, Versailles, Disney, and South of France. Bike paths all around and parking garages close by. There's even a public boat dock.
Other Things to Note
This really is an amazingly central location along the river that runs thru the most historic and beautiful part of Paris. Check out the 100s of happy reviews from previous guests. We are Airbnb travellers ourselves and have tried to make this the kind of experience (amenities and service) that we'd want if we were the travelers.
We've lowered the nightly rate by 33% thru 2015 to compensate our future guests for any potential inconvenience due to construction noise (and loss of a beautiful view) from the nearby construction site of a 7-story luxury building. The noise risk is only between 8:30am to 5pm on weekdays when the crew operates. Although our recent guests have confirmed that noise during these hours is less than what other flats in an urban environment have from neighbors or street noise, we want you to be aware (and hopefully pleasantly surprised).
1. As we live and work in a different part of town, check-in/out must pre-arranged and punctual. Your check-in can be any time after 12pm and your check-out can be any time up to 10am. Please calculate you arrival time (see Directions for estimates) and let us know a 30-minute time frame for your arrival. If you arrive early, do not wait in the halls (to be respectful of the building's other residents). If you arrive more than 30 minutes later than your pre-arranged time, please contact me as soon as possible to make alternate arrangements to get the keys. To balance the needs of both the arriving and departing parties, please accept that your bags must arrive and depart with you as per the check-in/out times above. The major train stations nearby (Gare du Nord, Austerlitz, Lyno) have large lockers. This is not a hotel with a 24 hour front desk and a place to store your bags.
2. Only the guests that you registered at the time of booking are allowed inside the flat. You cannot sublet nor share any of the information provided with anyone that is not on the registered guest list. Do not let anyone who arrives unannounced into the flat. Sometimes there are scam artists who will try to mislead you by saying they are from the utility company or some other scam.
3. If you enjoy smoking, there's a small balcony off the living room where you can step out in the fresh air - a good experience even if you don't smoke. Please close the window behind you so the smoke doesn't blow back into the flat. Since you don't know the level of sensitivity nor expectations of the subsequent guests, please do not smoke inside the flat under any circumstances. If a smoking odor is present when housekeeping arrives after your check-out, the fabrics (curtains, couch cushions, mattress liners, etc.) will be professionally cleaned at cost which is more than the amount of your security deposit (which will be forfeited).
4. If you forget to return the keys by check-out time, we will have to make a claim on your security deposit to offset the cost of key duplication and/or lock replacement.
5. As is customary in this type of short-term vacation rental, there's no housekeeping service during your stay. However, if you request it at the time of booking, we can arrange laundry, ironing, or cleaning services with our professional housekeeper at the rate of 20€ per hour. Also, if you book for longer stays of 7+ days we will provide complimentary fresh sheets and 2 hours of housecleaning per week.
6. With all of the options available nearby for fun and merrymaking, we expect that you'll preserve the quiet and calm of the building (e.g. not hosting parties, wearing hard-soled shoes on the hardwood floors during sleeping hours, polka dancing, drum circles, etc.).
7. If you take great photos or videos of the building, the flat, furnishings, or the view, please ensure its for personal use only. Please do not post photos or videos on social media -- or any other publicly accessible medium -- which identify the exact location, Airbnb, or any property or individuals associated with this listing without prior explicit written approval from us.
The apartment is well situated and well planned for a family or a group of friends. Although it was a bit older than I've expected by the photos the rooms were clean enough to stay comfortably. If keeping the heater on you can hear the constant boiler noise which was not a big problem for us but might be for someone who prefer sleeping in silence.
Ivonne was a nice host as everybody's saying, we enjoy the stay in Paris for a week very much.
Ha sido una experiencia magnífica. La anfitriona hablaba español, con lo cual la comunicación no podía ser mejor. Atendió perfectamente a nuestras llamadas y preguntas.
Creo que Ivonne debería cambiar el título del anuncio por otro más adecuado a las condiciones del apartamento.
El barrio para mí ha sido el ideal, bien situado muy cerca de La Bastille, de Notre-Damme, del barrio que más me ha gustado Le Marais. Está en una calle tranquila con muy poco ruido, el panadero de enfrente muy amable.
El apartamento es muy agradable y acogedor, todo funcionó sin problemas.
Staying at Ivonne's place was very pleasant. The apartment is quite charming and decorated with love. A nice detail was a booklet written by Ivonne with her personal recommendations what to see in Paris and where to eat. There was also a map and a guide book.
The location is really good, since there are three metro stations within the walking distance and the neighborhood seemed safe and quite.
Departamento antiguo, muy equipado y renovado, con todas las comodidades (el lavasecarropa y el lavavajillas, así como el wifi, funcionaron a la perfección).
El barrio es tranquilo, residencial, a una cuadra del Sena y a tres del metro. La anfitriona fue muy atenta y resolvió todos nuestros pedidos a nuestra entera satisfacción.
Seguramente estaremos volviendo a hospedarnos allí en nuestro próximo viaje. Altamente recomendable, especialmente para familias que quieran sentirse como en casa cuando están lejos.
O apartamento é bem localizado, perto de duas estações de metro, em uma área bastante agradável, de fácil acesso a vários pontos turísticos importantes de Paris. Ivonne é uma excelente host, respondeu minhas mensagens com prontidão. Tudo correu perfeitamente bem em nossa estadia, desde nossa chegada até o check-out, que gentilmente Ivonne permitiu que fosse tardio, dado que não haveria outros hóspedes naquele dia.
Ivonne's flat is really comfortable and well-organized, and only a few minutes away from Ile St Louis, Notre Dame, the Marais, and so on. There is a nice park along the Arsenal basin which looks ideal for jogging (too cold when we were there and too little time). The apt is furnished with everything you might need during your stay and though we always had our meals outside (which of course you want to do in Paris) I think there is no shortage of cooking stuff and appliances. I will respond to some of the complaints I read in other reviews, as being an Airbnb host myself, I found they were exaggerated. The noise from the works outside is minimal, at least it was when we stayed, and only during working hours. There is a little traffic noise in the morning, but since the apartment is on the 6th floor it did not disturb our sleep. The wifi works perfectly, the shower is not worse than our own at home (we too live on the top floor): I mean, not a waterfall, but more than decent for European standards. The bed is very comfortable, the pillows however can be less than comfortable for those who are not used to French-style pillows, but I don't think it is easy to find Italian-style ones in Paris. All in all, we enjoyed the apartment and will surely recommend it to our friends.
Great place for 1-4 people! Clean, modern, and comfortable. Great central location. Ivonne was quick to answer any question and was very accommodating.
This host has 58 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
I am happy to offer you accommodation in my beautifully renovated apartment. I take several trips a year (because my husband and I have families on separate continents and we love to travel) and stay in vacation rentals, boutique hotels and bed & breakfasts. And that means that I bring home the best ideas from these places. You'll see my attention to detail in the amenities I provide. And I'll be happy to share my knowledge of the area and life in Paris over a drink. And I want to hear about your hometown, your travel stories, and the good, the bad and the ugly of the places you've seen.