Welcome! Take in all the O’ahu action within easy driving, without the congestion and noise of downtown Honolulu/Waikiki. This 1 bedroom/1 bath apartment is located away from the main downtown area, in a quiet bedroom community of Ewa Villages in Ewa Beach. We are offering our clean and comfortable 1 bedroom apartment for your very affordable Hawaii vacation. This private and completely separate unit is built in the back section of a large home that sits next to the 12th hole of the Ewa Villages Golf Course, in a quiet and small community surrounded by fairways.
• Bedroom is on the ground floor, but has no handi-capable ramps
• Restaurants, bars, groceries, Costco, Sam’s, Walmart, Waikele Outlet shops are all under a 5-mile radius from house
• Property is located near the island’s main roadways: H1, H2 to Mililani and Farrington Highway
• USS Arizona Memorial, Pearl Harbor and USS Bowfin tour (5 miles)
• Hiking trails at Diamond Head, Maunawili Falls, Makapu’u Lighthouse, and more
• See the breathtakingly gorgeous beaches of the North Shore
• Catch the golden sunset views from one of the Ko’Olina lagoons
• Visit the Dole Plantation to taste the pineapple ice cream
• There are over 25 golf courses on the island
• Free curbside parking for 1 car
• 32” TV in the bedroom, and WIFI internet
• Hammock in small, private yard
• BEDS: 1 Queen bed and 1 full size futon/sofa bed
• There is no kitchenette at this time, but unit is equipped with a large fridge, microwave, dining table, butcher block prep table
• 3-4 electric skillets and basic dining ware items and cooking equipment.
• Starter toilet paper, paper towels, bath soap are provided, as are towels, bed linens and blankets
• AC stand-alone units are provided for an additional $20 a day per unit to offset Hawaii utility costs (4 times more than mainland U.S.)
• NOTE: A dishwashing sink is scheduled for installation within a few months.
• A car is recommended to fully enjoy the island
• This is a non-smoking unit; cigarette butts not picked up in the yard will incur a $25 clean-up charge
• Guests are asked to remove shoes before going inside, and are requested to talk/walk quietly
• The beds have a 400 (four hundred) pound total weight limit, recommended by manufacturer
• Beach towels are not provided due to heavy wear & tear on beach terrain, sand flea infestations and extra challenges with laundering and drying
• REMINDER: This is NOT a 5-star apartment; it is a regular unit in a regular bedroom community. If you want POSH accommodations, we recommend booking at the JW Marriott’s in Ko’Olina, at $300 a night for a similar condo.
• WARNING: The occasional welcoming bug party is NOT indicative of uncleanliness. Everyone is bound to run into them at some point while on island. Even the Royal Iolani Palace has its imperial roaches & bugs. If you can't handle insects, we suggest booking at JW Marriott's. If ants bother you, simply sprinkle salt on the trail to stop them.
• NOTE: We offer unparalleled, unbeatable deals for budget-conscious vacationers. In return, however, we highly value quiet, respectful and considerate Airbnb guests who are not expecting a 5-star hotel for the price of a hostel.
• MORE INFO: We will be happy to provide you with more info on off-the-beaten path places to see. If you want the local insider knowledge on good-and-cheap eats or tucked-away beaches, just ask!
Permit Number: W00621726-01
Presented as advertized, this unit had everything we were looking for to enjoy our first visit to Ohau. Located in a quite neighood about 20 minutes from airport. Michael sent out an easy to follow map along with local hot spots to visits. Thank You! We loved the place and would highly recommend. I have nothing negative really to express about this wonderful unit; except for the rude guest staying up front in unit C while we were there. There was also a disabled truck taking up space in driveway? Did not seem to belong to anyone there. Be advised< Traffic jam during school hours starting at 6am.give yourself an hour to get to airport if you are flying out early. Caught us by surprise! Almost missed our flight... not really! but created a stressful departure for no reason. lol We never had any issues with traffic leaving after 8am. most morning. Highly recommend a rental car, you would be doing a lot of walking riding the bus, but possible I guess. We would not hesitate staying here again. Clean, great value and easy access.
Well presented, clean, spacious one bedroom apartment. No kitchen as advertised, excellent value for money. Nice neighbourhood, excellent amenities and close to freeway into Honolulu. Highly recommended stay. Excellent communication with Mishael - any small question dealt with immediately.
There are no curtains on the windows, which creates a lot of noise from the neighborhood. Unit A’s kitchen window is right next to this unit’s bedroom window; you can hear them cleaning every dish while in the bedroom. Also, their kitchen light beams through the window at night.
It was convenient. They have a hose right outside the door so you can rinse off the sand before you go in.
The wifi was a bit weak in the bedroom, but is stronger in the living room area.
The unit was very clean. We would recommend this apartment to other people.
Khristine pointed out that there are no curtains on the windows. Of course a quick look through the pictures for this unit would have already made that obvious. Guest also didn't realize that with the pricey plantation shutters installed on the windows, one should not place curtains, because they just tangle up with each other. The main house kitchen window is separated by an 8-foot space patio, leading to the double French doors of this apartment--she exaggerated a bit with the "right next to" comment. But we'll make sure to install heavy curtains to keep the lights out of the bedroom--thank you for the feedback. Summarily, I don't recommend paying hostel prices, and demanding/expecting Marriott-like accommodations.
Good size, good condition, good location, good value, quiet area and convenient to shops, beach, etc. Only negative was the unnecessarily high bed with storage drawers as there was lots of other storage. Attentive caretaker and host. Would recommend.
It's unfortunate that people are unaware of the limited options of furniture to buy in Hawaii, since everything has to be flown in or shipped over. It's even more unfortunate that people will always find something to complain about, even when they get good deals on Hawaii vacation.
We stayed here for two weeks. This is a great location, away from the hustle, but easy to get everywhere. You will definitely need a car though. If you are a seasoned Hawaii traveler then I fully recommend, but if this is your first time, I'd look at staying downtown. The apartment was a good size, comfortable bed and spacious shower but the fridge a bit small (for two weeks worth of food anyway). The electric skillets were more than enough for us to cook up some dinners. Only complaint was cleanliness. Only what you can see was clean, but when moving things around, we found some dirt and mouse droppings. We found the little mouse our second day and got him out the door, but we noticed he made a home for himself IN the futon. Overall though, we loved the place for its value and will definitely be our first choice on our next trip to the island.
EDIT: I must state that the response from Mishael is completely false. I notified her of the cleanliness and mouse IMMEDIATELY and heard back promptly from her thanking me for the info and that she would let the cleaning crew know. She left a negative review for me that is unfounded and false. She is trying to avoid the shortcomings of the apartment by criticizing the negative aspects of reviews to make it look better for her in the public light. Renter beware, you'll be criticized of anything negative you may point out. I would steer clear of renting from Mishael.
Unfortunately, this guest never told us during his stay of issues that needed attention. As a result, there was no opportunity to resolve problems talked about in this review. Some criticisms are constructive and helpful to hosts who rely on crews (five time zones over) to clean the units. Criticism after the fact is not at all aimed to be constructive and void of intent to help us make the unit better. But we're glad that they think the unit was good for its value.
The apartment was nice. The location was perfect for my relocation, as I work in Kapolei. There's a lot to do there away from the chaos of Honolulu. It was clean and inviting. There were constant ants though. Just a part of Hawaii, but still a bit excessive.
Overall, I would recommend it.
Stayed at this place for 10 days August 2013. It is a grannyflat/chalet at the rear of a large house. It has a private garden with a hammock. The sitting/living room is large and well furnished, as is the bedroom which is larger than appears in the photos and also includes a large tv.
Especially taking the price into account, this is an excellent place to stay. We were surprised to find that it was better than described.
Positives - Private, well furnished, large walk in shower, large tv & refrigerator, loads of storage and extra space for luggage.
Negatives - Wifi a bit patchy and car necessary.
Overall we were very happy with our stay here.!
I stayed in "Golf Course View 1 bdrm, Apt C" for 5 days. My choice was right and I think it's very practicable place. Eveything is ok compare with what I thought about.
The Only thing that I don't like is cleaning condition. The rug in front of microwave, smells bad. So when I'm in the room, I kept it into a wall closet. Anyway my experience "Golf Course View 1 bdrm, Apt C" was good and I recommend this place to others.