From January 2013 you can enjoy the luxury and the privacy of our elegant estate. Endless amenities at your fingertips provide indulgence options. You live in the top vacation segment in the Okanagan Valley. Experience the tranquil paradise that is villa Orion.
Since 1981 we own this 4 1/2 acre property. In 2008 we built our modern design Villa Orion at the cliff edge of Okanagan Lake. The ground floor has 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a powder room, a kitchen, a dining area and a living room. The first floor has the atrium (the cinema/cable tv area + the walk & sitting glass vestibule), a bathroom, extra queen size bed and the patio (the game area + the outdoor lifestyle furniture).
In the basement is a Miele washing machine, dryer and space for your suitcases + wines). Outside the villa you find diverse terraces, landscaped gardens and a huge windshine chime.
At your fingertips you enjoy the Five Star amenities, modern technologies, art and entertainment.
Villa Orion is the best destination for:
1. A SKI holiday because of its climate conditions and its family friendly ski resorts/areas in a drivers' distance of 35 minutes till 3 hours from villa Orion.
2. A BEACH holiday because of its climate. An average 2000+ hours of sunshine per year, which is a higher average than Rio de Janeiro and Hawaii. To the silent public beach just below our clay cliffs it is a seven minutes' walk. And the other larger beaches are between 5 till 20 minutes' drive from Villa Orion.
3. A GOLF & LEISURE holiday because of the existence of 36 golf courses (5 till 60 minutes drive). Besides the golf season is beginning in March and ending late November.
4. The gorgeous WINES & 40 WINERIES at the Naramata Bench. A 3 till 35 minutes drive from Villa Orion.
5. Its numerous FESTIVALS throughout the year. A 5 minutes' drive from Villa Orion
Villa Orion is NOT a METROPOLITAN destination, but delivers you a historical Kettle Valley Railroad and breath taking landscapes.
Villa Orion is the first ancient peach orchard – 4 1/2 acre on Naramata Bench, the low populated east cliff bank – inside Penticton.
We have two separate bedrooms and a third queen size bed in the atrium or on the patio. Our rates (+12% taxes) are for the entire villa at four (4) person occupancy. Should you wish to host additional guests you would be required to pay for the additional queen size bed a day (+ 12% taxes). The maximum allowed guests is six (6) persons.
Our detailed - calculation at the right top of this website is not always exact !! - Season Categories, Minimum Stay & Prices:
* During Peak season = from 1 June 2013 till 31 August 2013. This season amount is $ 4550.00 CAD (+ 12% taxes) for 4 persons for a 7 days stay. Additional costs for an extra queen size bed – for one or two person(s) – are $ 100.00 CAD (+ 12% taxes) a day.
* During the Shoulder season = from 28 March 2013 till 1 June 2013 and from 31 August till 2 November 2013. This season amount is $ 450.00 CAD per day (+12% taxes) for 4 persons with a minimum 3 days stay. Additional costs for an extra queen size bed – for one or two person(s) – are $ 50.00 CAD a day (+12% taxes).
* During the Lower season = between 5 January 2013 till 28 March 2013 and between 2 November till 21 December 2013. This season amount is $ 250.00 CAD per day (+ 12% taxes) for 4 persons with a minimum 3 days stay. Additional costs for an extra queen size bed – for one or two person(s) – are $ 20.00 CAD a day(+ 12% taxes).
* During the Shoulder Season Christmas (21 December 2013 till 28 December 2013) and Old & New Days (28 December 2013 till 4 January 2014) the total week amount is $ 3150.00 CAD for 4 persons for a minimum 7 days stay (+12% taxes). Additional costs for an extra queen size bed – for one or two person(s) – are $ 50.00 CAD a day (+12% taxes).
Please inquire with our hospitality manager prior to booking for additional details.
The minimal length of stay in villa Orion is three days. In the peak season 7 days.
In the peak season a weekly rental is starting and ending at Saturday. For the shoulder and low season you can consult our hospitality manager prior to booking.
From our villa you can easily reach:
* Penticton’s national airport in 15 driving minutes: five Air Canada Jazz planes are bringing you every day from/to the International Vancouver Airport in 45 minutes;
* The 97 High Way (driving time is 4½ hours from Vancouver and 8½ hours from Calgary)
* Kelowna’s international airport in 60 driving minutes: Canada’s 10th busiest airport offering non-stop service from Toronto, Victoria, Prince George, Calgary, Edmonton, Vegas, Phoenix and Seattle.
* The numerous restaurants (from 4 till 60 driving minutes)
* The more than 140 wineries (from 1 minute till 60 driving minutes)
* The diverse nightclubs & casinos (from 10 minutes till 45 minutes)
* The 3 ski pistes: Apex Alpine Mountain Resort = 34 km from Penticton, 40 driving minutes; Big White Ski Resort = 56 km/35 mil SE from Kelowna and Crystal Mountain Ski resort = 15 minutes from West Kelowna
* The hard court tennis (5 minutes driving time)
* The 36 golf courses (from 5 till 60 minutes driving time). Golf season is beginning in March and ending late November
* The 12 art galleries (from 7 till 45 minutes driving time). And don’t forget to visit Osooys’ desert & native museum (40 driving minutes)
* The Kettle Valley Railway was driving 30 meters under our estate. You can reach this trail via our separate gate. From our villa you walk in this historical landscape. Close to on our property the KVR locomotive derailed in the sixteens ((email hidden) in our villa). Start from our villa your bike journey on the 24 km (12 mile) trail, which is a historical treasure and brings you through the breath taking landscapes from Pentiction to Narramata and Kelowna.
Travel distance from Penticton to Vancouver (Canada BC) is 391 km/243 mi. Vancouver International Airport is frequently and easily accessible from Asia, Australia, Middle East, Europe and the Americas. You can rent a car from Vancouver or take Air Canada, which has four flights daily to Penticton Airport. Or take a helicopter or personal plane from Vancouver.
Take a domestic flight from Calgary (Canada Alberta) 683 km/424 mi. From Seattle (USA) 504 km/313 mi. From Edmonton 982 km/610 mi. Or take your car: Penticton is 5 hours from Seattle, 5 hours from Vancouver 5 hours and 8 hours from Calgary.For the latest road conditions or travel distances from other locations, visit (website hidden)
This Villa was absolutely beautiful and matched the pictures and descriptions in every way. It held a quiet ambiance and was perfect for us on a book writing retreat. The views were stunning and the place immaculate. The delightful hosts, Valerie and Chad, met us on time and gave us a quick tour. The kitchen and bathrooms were well equipped and we lacked for nothing. The towels were lush and warm (had a towel warming rack in the master bath) and had a large soaker/jetted tub for two. We did not use the spa shower unit but it did look inviting! The WI-FI was fast and easy to connect to. The property was gated and only a couple minutes to downtown Penticton which was what we were looking for. There was a walking trail nearby which we used even on the cool windy days. We had a splendid time and hope to return for another stay at Orion Villa.
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.
This is the final rate, including VAT along with fees from the host and Airbnb.
This is the fee charged by Airbnb
This is the fee charged by Airbnb and includes VAT