The room 8 is an authentic Mayan hut where Mayan people used to leave until the early 90's. It has been converted to a large room with its private bathroom. The thatched roof was fitted with two opaque skylights.
Casitas Kinsol is a Guest House with 8 rooms for rent in Puerto Morelos, on the Mayan Riviera, 25 minutes South of the airport international of Cancun and 4 blocks from the main bus stop in town. It resides in the heart of the “Colonia” of Puerto Morelos conveniently located between Cancun and Playa del Carmen and only 2 miles to the beach. Surrounded by many eateries, grocery stands and stores, the guest house offers 8 romantic rooms and bungalows; 4 with kitchenettes and 4 without and all the rooms have basic amenities at low prices for double occupancy. The rooms come with private baths, hot showers, air fans and each with unique décor designed by the owners. Most of them come with WI-FI.
- All our rooms are now listed on AirBnB so that you can choose the one that you really like. We may have some rooms available even when the AirBnB calendars show no availability - Please contact us to inquiry about availability -
THE ROOM 8:
- The Grand Room is (as well as the room 1) is an authentic Mayan hut where Mayan people used to leave until the early 1990's. It has been converted to a large room with its private bathroom. The thatched roof was fitted with two opaque skylights. Four small windows were added to bring some more light to the room. It is a very large standalone, ground floor, hut style bungalow, accommodating up to 5 people (3rd, 4th and 5th persons are charged $12.00 US each per night). It offers a ground floor full-size (double) bed, a twin-size (single) bed to the side and a full-size (double) mattress on a loft above the ground floor full-size bed. It even has an inside hammock to siesta in. It has a private bathroom, hot shower, hanging space for clothing and lots of room for you and your things. This room offers a kitchenette, a large fridge, a two-burner stove-top and dishes, utensils, pots and pans for basic cooking. No microwave or standard ovens, no dishwasher either. The wifi signal can be weak to nonexistent. This room has a front door allowing you to exit onto a side street without having to go through the grounds but also a backdoor giving you access to the gardens and relaxation areas as well.
A DIFFERENT CONCEPT IN LODGING:
- No luxury. Rustic bungalows / huts (palapas) and rooms with a touch of sophistication that comes from the unique and personal decoration of each room. Only 8 cabins/palapas (bungalows) give a cozy ambiance and friendly atmosphere. Some rooms come a thatched roof - The breakfast is not provided -
A VERY CONVENIENT LOCATION:
- You are downtown Puerto Morelos, the town, two blocks from the main square on the West side of Highway MX307; however you will wake up to the multiple songs of the birds and the roosters.
- Less than five minute drive to the beach (2 miles). We rent bicycles (at extra cost) so that the beach appears even closer.
- Easy access to cheap public transportation (minibus or taxis). The first class long range bus stop (ADO) is 3 blocks away, within walking distance.
- Less than 8 minutes drive (5.5 miles) to the newly open convention center of CancunMesse.
- Half way between Cancun and Playa del Carmen; this is the perfect location to explore the Riviera Maya (25 minutes to the airport of Cancun, 35 minutes to Cancun, 30 minutes to Playa del Carmen, 1h45 minutes to Tulum, 4 hours to Chichen-itza).
- In the heart of the local population: this means that you can find plenty of affordable and tasty small restaurants and eateries within 2 or 3 blocks around the property. Convenient stores, mini-market stores, grocery store and also fruits and vegetables stands are nearby: get a quart of freshly squeezed juice for less than MX$15.00 Pesos -
- GPS coordinates:
- Latitude: 20°51'27.66"N
- Longitude: 86°53'58.38"W
- Rates starting at $28.00 US dollars per night for a couple ($12.00 US Dollars per extra person per night). This price includes:
- a clean bedroom with its private bath (with hot water in the shower).
- each room comes with one full size bed. Some rooms have also an extra individual bed.
- a fan in each room - No A/C: the natural breeze, the shade provided by the vegetation and the traditional materials used in the construction of the bungalows and the rooms help provide most of the rooms with a nearly constant temperature.
- WIFI wireless internet access reach all rooms (except the room 8): so, bring your own laptop or web enabled phone. -
PERSONALIZED SERVICES AND FRIENDLY ATTENTION:
- We (the owners) spend endless hours on the property and we love to do our best to make sure that your stay will meet all your expectations. We know most of the "out-of-the-beaten-paths" tours, excursions and hidden paradises of the area; feel free to ask for advises and recommendations -
PETS ARE WELCOME:
- We have pets on site: three dogs (a mini pinscher and two "malich"): they work hard as hosts and they love to be petted at any time of the day or the night. Your pets are welcome (at extra cost) if they are well behaved and friendly to other pets and humans. They are NOT allowed to jump on furniture, to be on the bed / to be in the bed -
VISITORS FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD:
At Casitas Kinsol, we have had visitors from 69 countries:
Albania, Algeria, Angola, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Basque Country, Belgium, Brazil, Bosnia, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Croatia, Cuba, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominican Republic, Egypt, England, Estonia, Euskadi, Finland, France, Germany, Holland, Hungary, Iceland, India, Iran, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Kosovo, La Reunion, Lithuania, Mexico, Mongolia, Monte Negro, Netherlands, New-Zealand, Nigeria, Norway, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Scandinavia, Scotland, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Tahiti, Tanzania, Thailand, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay, Venezuela, ... -
Feel free to look at our web site for more information and photos: you can find it by doing a search with the keyword "Casitas-Kinsol".
Common areas accessible to the guests:
- the relaxation area with hammocks.
- the sitting/dining area: if the guests order some food (pizzas, for example) from the surrounding restaurants, the guests are welcome to use the sitting areas. Most of the eateries and restaurants in the area will offer the food ‘to-go’/ ‘to-take’.
- the hammocks in the yard.
- the sitting areas in the yard.
- the range, the utensils and the ingredients and food in the common area. Our guests can use the range in the common area only to prepare coffees and teas. NO COOKING or MEAL PREPARATION is allowed in the common kitchen area.
We interact as much as we possibly can with all our guests. When the opportunities arises, we love to take off with our guests on a tour or for a small drink at a local neighborhood bar or restaurant.
The town of Puerto Morelos is splitted in two parts: the beach area that is the touristic area and the township also known as "La Colonia". The swamp area is 2 miles from the beach of Puerto Morelos. Casitas Kinsol is located in the heart of the neighborhood called "La Colonia". 2 blocks from the main square / park
- 4 blocks from the bus stop: the buses can either take you North towards Cancun or South towards Playa del Carmen and Tulum. There are plenty of buses (first class buses from the ADO company) or small vans (called "colectivos") that run from 5:00 am until midnight every day of the year.
- You get to the airport of Cancun in 25 minutes. And Playa del Carmen and Cancun are at 35 minutes. You can reach Tulum in 1h45.
- There are many taxis in town. We can call a taxi for you and it will be a the gate of Casitas Kinsol in less than 1 minute.
- We have pets on site: three dogs (a mini pinscher and two "malich"): they work hard as hosts and they love to be petted at any time of the day or the night.
Awesome stay at Casitas Kinsol ! I loved the place. If you can get it I fully recommend staying in room 8. Christine and Alain were very hospitable and they did a great job in decorating and providing all the necessities of living. The Casitas is in a great part of town with a ton of character. If you need any recommendations on things to do, places to eat and restaurants to try ask Alain and he can help you out.
I loved my stay at the Casitas Kinsol and so did my girlfriend Ellen. The neighborhood is vibrant with families, sports, shopping, delicious food and everyone is extremely friendly. Make sure to carry cash though, very few shops/restaurants accept cards.
One thing to note: if you're tired from a long day of swimming/snorkeling and exploring and just want to relax at night and watch a movie on your laptop you won't get internet signal in room 8. However, there is a great DVD rental shop about two blocks West of Casitas Kinsol that's only 10 pesos/night.
Also, there is a local yoga/dance studio about 1 block southwest by the Library and the roasted chicken a few doors down is incredible. The Mesquites Carnitas taco stand on the way into the neighborhood is something you need to check out.
Thanks again for the awesome experience! So much fun! In case you couldn't tell we loved the place.
My place was very nice and the price was great. The hosts were kind and helpful and the place had a very pleasant vibe to it. The place was cleaned every day and that was always appreciated. I was very busy during my stay and only got to hang out over the weekends, but these were very nice weekends and the Casitas compound was peaceful and perfect for relaxation. The doggies were an added plus.
The only complaints I have, and they are pretty important, is that 1) the bathroom did not have a door and 2) the wireless internet did not work in the room. The lack of bathroom door may work when sharing with a loved one, but I was sharing with a colleague and this was not ideal. Also, since I was working from early morning to night, it was a hassle for me to have to leave my room to go out and log on to the internet to catch up with email and talk to my husband. Doing so meant loading up on bug spray and having conversations that were not private.
Other than these two details, the place was great and I would recommend it to anyone! If either of these issues I had are a problem for you too, just choose a different casita.
Thank you so much Angela for your feedback.
We surely will improve the description of our rooms and we will focus the description on the rusticity of our "authentic Mayan" huts. We will make sure that the description of this room specifies that the private bathroom comes only with a curtain, but without a door.
As for the WiFi: the description already says that "the WiFi signal can be weak to nonexistent" in this specific room. Most of our guests have been able to catch the signal just outside of the room, at the table set outside for picnic or for reading. In most of the case, this setting has provided enough privacy for their conversations.
If AirBnB allows us such function, we'll use capital font and the bold function to catch the attention of our readers on these specific points: lack of door on the bathroom and no WiFi signal in the room.
Thank you again for helping us improve our listing with AirBnB.
All modifications to the listing will be implemented in the coming week.
I had to cancel my trip, so i never got a chance to meet Christine. Otherwise, she was very helpful and responded very promptly when i had emailed her about details, etc. Seems like a great place to stay!
My boyfriend and I stayed in Room 8. We enjoyed it very much, this room is a little bit more private being at the back and has a small kitchen which we used every night, buying local produce from the fresh food market around the corner. Alain was very helpful and gave us alot of information about the town. My advice would be to research the town and make sure it is the kind of place you want to stay. It is very different from Cancun and Playa Del Carmen. Once you are in Casitas Kinsol you feel very relaxed and comfortable, so don't be put off by the neighbours as you arrive! The common areas are great and nicely decorated with a Mexican feel and fairy lights all around. We enjoyed our time here
We had a lovely stay at Casitas Kinsol, the place was nice and clean and had all we needed, except aircon. This is a rustic Mayan palapa so expect a more natural experience than aircon :)
Christine and Alain were helpful with tips and arrangements.
Comfortable beds and mosquito nets. Bring your earplugs though - with no windows and lots of animals living nearby, it's quite noisy around the place.
Excelente trato, con el plus invaluable de la calidez. A parte de procurarnos una muy agradable estadía, nos ayudaron mucho con tips, sugerencias e información sobre lugares, actividades, transporte, costos, etc. La casita es muy linda y está en excelentes condiciones, un lugar perfecto para descansar y relajarse. Recomiendo al 100% Casitas Kinsol y no dudaría en volverme a hospedar con ellos al visitar Puerto Morelos.
Casitas Kinsol is a great place to stay. It is located close to the bus stop and you can get to the beach cheaply and easily. The houses are spacious and relaxing. The hosts give great advice on food/activities/sights in the area and are friendly in general. I will look foward to visiting Casitas next time I stay in Puerto Morelos.
Beautiful room, excellent hosts, an amazing experience! :)
We loved Casitas Kinsol guest house and hope to come back some day. As advised we visited Puerto Morelos for many of our meals going to different restaurants and the "fruit" stand . Advice: stay in a fishing village, rent a car , snorkeled and learn about the wonderful people. We loved Tulum, Play de Carmen, Sian Ka'an, Isla Mujeres, and the many anicent Maya ruins. The guest house is a perfecct place to stay and travel from.
It was a very short stay, only one night. We really enjoyed the space and met some very nice people who were also staying there. Our host's were most gracious and helpful as well! Hut #8 is awesome.
I wish I could give it a 4.5 here!