About this listing
My beach bungalow is a one-bedroom house, only a 2-minute walk to the beach, GREAT neighborhood, has a private patio, full kitchen and bathroom, living room, premium cable channels, wif, parking PLUS garden courtyard with HOT TUB, BBQ, free laundry++
Tucked away in this lush garden property,a 2-minute walk to the beach (just one block from the waves!) and a 30-second walk to the Historical Venice Canals, is a secluded complex of 4 bungalows built in the 1920's. This particular bungalow, fondly referred to as 'The Artisan', is a junior-one bedroom with it's own private gated patio. The Artisan Bungalow offers a queen bed in the bedroom as well as a pull-out sofa in the living room and an optional roll-away bed as well, full kitchen, full bath, and gated courtyard.
The Artisan Bungalow proudly displays many pieces of artwork created by local artisans including paintings & prints as well as photos, sculptures and crafts. The majority of these artists sell their creations on the world-famous Venice Beach Ocean Front Walk, so you can admire a piece on your stay, but also meet the craftsman in person when exploring Venice's Oceanfront Walk!
The home offers both a dining and a lounge area on a private patio (complete with hammock!), in the living room a 52" flat screen with all premium cable channels, secured wifi, also a sofa-bed & desk in the living room, queen bed in the bedroom, and a fully-equipped kitchen with stove/oven, large fridge & microwave, toaster oven, coffee maker and more, as well as a full bath with shower and tub. These bungalows are situated in a 100 Year-Old Garden, one of the oldest in all of Venice, and this particular house has the private patio flanked by cypress and palms... truly a paradise! Unit is 455 sq. feet.
Outside of your own private patio is a large shared courtyard with many amenities such as the hot tub & dryer, fire pit, BBQ, surf shower and free laundry facilities, as well as relaxing tables and chairs throughout the gardens. You will have a free reserved parking space as well that can accommodate one large car or two small cars parked tandem.
Interaction with Guests
We live close by and can be on hand if needed, but generally our correspondence is only through email, texts, and sometimes phone calls when necessary. Let yourself in with the key code/lockbox instructions we provide; come and go at your own convenience. For guests that would like more interaction, we are more than happy to stop by, introduce ourselves, and answer questions about the space or the area when we are available, but in our experience most guests prefer to just have their own space.
The central location of these bungalows is unsurpassed, and the property is gated for privacy and safety. We gladly welcome pets with advanced notice and $50 pet fee due at the day of checkin (please see House Rules), and the dense garden and tub has always been a magical play-area for kids.
You can walk to the pier in two minutes; there is great surf north & south side, as well as a few other rad breaks up & down the beach. If you aren't a surfer, there is still waves to romp in, lots of dolphins and sea life to watch, sun-rays to catch and great views off the pier in all directions. Coming back to the bungalows, rinsing off in the outdoor surf shower in the garden, and hopping into the toasty hot tub under the canopy of leaves is just fantastic!
Or you can walk east, away from the beach, for 30 seconds, and you are at the beginning the Venice Canals Historical District. Lots of beautiful homes, birds, bridges and boats are all around you as you stroll through this famous area.
The Bungalows are located less that a block from Washington Boulevard, where you will find shops, restaurants, local markets, bars and rentals of all kinds... surfboards, bikes, paragliding and more. There is no shortage of fun activities in Venice Beach, that's for sure!
Other Things to Note
Although the bungalows are on the brink of becoming a centenarian structure, they offer today's conveniences such as all the premium cable channels on flat screens, and of course, wifi. We have always keep the bungalows stocked with a 'starter-kit' (first-day supply) of paper goods and kitchen items such as coffee & seasonings plus towels for bath & beach, and fresh, fluffy pillows with cozy bedding on comfy beds :)
Pets are welcome! We charge a one-time $50 pet fee for additional cleaning.
Early Checkin & Late Checkout Requests:
We charge $50 for early checkin or late checkout requests, which can accommodate checkins as early as 2pm, and checkouts as late as 12:30pm. NOTE: these requests must be made AND approved prior to your checkin/checkout, and are not always available. Be sure to inquire early on, as accepted requests are based on first come first serve basis.
1. To preserve the peace and quiet that makes my home such relaxing and special place, as well as Venice Beach in general, I must inform you that the city of Venice has an Ordinance that states it is unlawful to make loud, unnecessary or unusual noise that disturbs the peace and quiet of any neighborhood. Anyone found to be violating noise ordinances via complaints from city officials, the neighbors, or other guests, will be subject to a minimum $250 fine and/or eviction without a refund.
2. NO additional guests/visitors permitted in the home or on the property at any time!!!!!!!!!!! Please submit a reservation/reservation request for the exact amount of guests.
3. Please do not submit any third-party reservations, they will not be honored.
4. Any damages or loss must be reported prior to checkout.
5. The home is 100% non-smoking.
6. The hot tub and garden close at 10pm NO EXCEPTIONS!!!!!!!!!!
7. Pets are welcome with PRE-APPROVAL via the Airbnb message thread and additional $50 cleaning fee, can not be left in the home unattended, and must be picked up after and leashed at all times on the property.
8. Quiet Time starts at 10pm, please be considerate of neighbors when you are coming and going from the home, and again, use of the central garden and hot tub is prohibited after 10pm.
9. Upon check-out, please leave all dishes/utensils/glassware washed, used towels in a pile, and garbage out to the receptacles near the garages.
10. Please park only in your assigned spot to insure you will not be towed.
11. Do not leave your car in the spot past 11am the day of checkout without permission to insure you will not be towed.
12. Any additional cleaning required (carpet steaming due to stains, pet-hair removal on furniture, repairs due to negligence), property missing or damaged, or a late check-out will result in a deduction of deposit.
13. Checkout is 11am
14.. Keys most be returned to avoid a charge for changing the locks.