About this listing
My beach bungalow is a one-bedroom house, only a 2-minute walk to the beach, GREAT neighborhood, has a private patio, full kitchen and bathroom, living room, premium cable channels, wif, parking PLUS garden courtyard with HOT TUB, BBQ, free laundry++
Tucked away in this lush garden property,a 2-minute walk to the beach (just one block from the waves!) and a 30-second walk to the Historical Venice Canals, is a secluded complex of 4 bungalows built in the 1920's. This particular bungalow, fondly referred to as 'The Artisan', is a junior-one bedroom with it's own private gated patio. The Artisan Bungalow offers a queen bed in the bedroom as well as a pull-out sofa in the living room and an optional roll-away bed as well, full kitchen, full bath, and gated courtyard.
The Artisan Bungalow proudly displays many pieces of artwork created by local artisans including paintings & prints as well as photos, sculptures and crafts. The majority of these artists sell their creations on the world-famous Venice Beach Ocean Front Walk, so you can admire a piece on your stay, but also meet the craftsman in person when exploring Venice's Oceanfront Walk!
The home offers both a dining and a lounge area on a private patio (complete with hammock!), in the living room a 52" flat screen with all premium cable channels, secured wifi, also a sofa-bed & desk in the living room, queen bed in the bedroom, and a fully-equipped kitchen with stove/oven, large fridge & microwave, toaster oven, coffee maker and more, as well as a full bath with shower and tub. These bungalows are situated in a 100 Year-Old Garden, one of the oldest in all of Venice, and this particular house has the private patio flanked by cypress and palms... truly a paradise!
Outside of your own private patio is a large shared courtyard with many amenities such as the hot tub & dryer, fire pit, BBQ, surf shower and free laundry facilities, as well as relaxing tables and chairs throughout the gardens. You will have a free reserved parking space as well that can accommodate one large car or two small cars parked tandem.
Interaction with Guests
I live a few blocks away and can answer any questions you have about transportation, local hangouts, bike rentals or surf lessons... happy to meet you at checkin to hand off the keys, but your time and privacy is yours.
The central location of these bungalows is unsurpassed, and the property is gated for privacy and safety. We gladly welcome pets with advanced notice and $50 pet fee due at the day of checkin (please see House Rules), and the dense garden and tub has always been a magical play-area for kids.
You can walk to the pier in two minutes; there is great surf north & south side, as well as a few other rad breaks up & down the beach. If you aren't a surfer, there is still waves to romp in, lots of dolphins and sea life to watch, sun-rays to catch and great views off the pier in all directions. Coming back to the bungalows, rinsing off in the outdoor surf shower in the garden, and hopping into the toasty hot tub under the canopy of leaves is just fantastic!
Or you can walk east, away from the beach, for 30 seconds, and you are at the beginning the Venice Canals Historical District. Lots of beautiful homes, birds, bridges and boats are all around you as you stroll through this famous area.
The Bungalows are located less that a block from Washington Boulevard, where you will find shops, restaurants, local markets, bars and rentals of all kinds... surfboards, bikes, paragliding and more. There is no shortage of fun activities in Venice Beach, that's for sure!
Other Things to Note
Although the bungalows are on the brink of becoming a centenarian structure, they offer today's conveniences such as all the premium cable channels on flat screens, and of course, wifi. We have always keep the bungalows stocked with a 'starter-kit' (first-day supply) of paper goods and kitchen items such as coffee & seasonings plus towels for bath & beach, and fresh, fluffy pillows with cozy bedding on comfy beds :)
1. To preserve the peace and quiet that makes my home such relaxing and special place, as well as Venice Beach in general, I must inform you that the city of Venice has an Ordinance that states it is unlawful to make loud, unnecessary or unusual noise that disturbs the peace and quiet of any neighborhood. Anyone found to be violating noise ordinances via complaints from city officials, the neighbors, or other guests, will be subject to a minimum $250 fine and/or eviction without a refund.
2. NO additional guests/visitors permitted in the home or on the property at any time!!!!!!!!!!! Please submit a reservation/reservation request for the exact amount of guests.
3. Please do not submit any third-party reservations, they will not be honored.
4. Any damages or loss must be reported prior to checkout.
5. The home is 100% non-smoking.
6. The hot tub and garden close at 10pm NO EXCEPTIONS!!!!!!!!!!
7. Pets are welcome with PRE-APPROVAL via the Airbnb message thread and additional $50 cleaning fee, can not be left in the home unattended, and must be picked up after and leashed at all times on the property.
8. Quiet Time starts at 10pm, please be considerate of neighbors when you are coming and going from the home, and again, use of the central garden and hot tub is prohibited after 10pm.
9. Upon check-out, please leave all dishes/utensils/glassware washed, used towels in a pile, and garbage out to the receptacles near the garages.
10. Please park only in your assigned spot to insure you will not be towed.
11. Do not leave your car in the spot past 11am the day of checkout without permission to insure you will not be towed.
12. Any additional cleaning required (carpet steaming due to stains, pet-hair removal on furniture, repairs due to negligence), property missing or damaged, or a late check-out will result in a deduction of deposit.
13. Checkout is 11am
14.. Keys most be returned to avoid a charge for changing the locks.
Vanessa met us at check-in. She was very welcoming & made us feel at home. The bungalow was neat, clean & so quaint. The bungalow is minutes to the beach & great restaurants. I loved the private & shared spaces outside around the bungalow. We will definitely book again next time we are in the area.
We absolutely loved this bungalow! The description was right on target and the space was amazing for myself and 3 kids. There was everything included that we needed to make our 5 day stay amazing! The intersection was a great spot for rentals and food...it was literally steps to the beach! Vanessa was an amazing host and quick to reply to any and all requests, just wish I could have met her! I would definitely recommend this place and can't wait to stay again!
The bungalow looks in real even better and bigger than on the photos. We would defenitly recommend this place! Thank you!
Vanessa was a great and experienced host. Extremely easy to communicate with and open to help for any extra requests. The Bungalow was a fantastic and homey place, just steps away from the ocean! Tomer and I loved our time there and would definitely stay again.
We had such a wonderful time in Venice Beach! It wouldn't have been possible if not for Vanessa's hidden gem of a Bungalow that was within walking distance to the boardwalk! My teenage son and his friend along with my daughter and I felt so at home in this comfy cozy bungalow that was just the right size and perfect for us all. The pictures are exactly as it was. The artistic decorating touches throughout the cottage made it even more welcoming for us. Vanessa was a perfect host; always available with any questions or concerns that we had. We can't wait to return again!
I would recommend this place and Vanessa as a host to anyone. We had to book last minute (4pm) and Vanessa met us for check in at 530 pm after an instant book and a quick phone call. Total lifesaver.
The house is exactly as described. Cool, funky decorations and an awesome porch with a hammock. We only wish we had more time to spend in the private common area with the hot tub. Just an awesome, fun, comfortable vibe. Parking is a major plus.
The location is awesome too. Steps to the beach is no lie. Close to Venice Beach, Santa Monica. Convenient to LAX. We were able to get around very easily.
Great stay, highly recommended.
The location is amazing. The cottage/ courtyard everything delightful. Vanessa was great to work with. Cottage has everything one could need and literally blocks to the ocean. The parking is a great addition.
This host has 585 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Vanessa
Hi! I have lived in Venice and Marina del Rey for more than a decade. It's a wonderful area and it makes me happy to share this community with guests from all over the globe :)