About this listing
The Artisan beach bungalow is a studio style house, just 2-minutes walk to the beach and Venice Pier in a GREAT neighborhood. It has a private patio, full kitchen and bathroom, living room, premium cable channels, wifi, parking + a beautiful garden courtyard with HOT TUB, BBQ, free laundry, hammock, and more.
Tucked away in this lush garden property,a 2-minute walk to the beach (just one block from the waves!) and a 30-second walk to the Historical Venice Canals, is a secluded complex of 4 bungalows built in the 1920's. This particular bungalow, fondly referred to as 'The Artisan', is a junior-one bedroom with it's own private gated patio. The Artisan Bungalow offers a queen bed in the bedroom as well as a pull-out sofa in the living room, full kitchen, full bath, and gated courtyard.
The Artisan Bungalow proudly displays many pieces of artwork created by local artisans including paintings & prints as well as photos, sculptures and crafts. The majority of these artists sell their creations on the world-famous Venice Beach Ocean Front Walk, so you can admire a piece on your stay, but also meet the craftsman in person when exploring Venice's Oceanfront Walk!
The home offers both a dining and a lounge area on a private patio (complete with hammock!), in the living room a 52" flat screen with all premium cable channels, secured wifi, also a sofa-bed & desk in the living room, queen bed in the bedroom, and a fully-equipped kitchen with stove/oven, large fridge & microwave, toaster oven, coffee maker and more, as well as a full bath with shower and tub. These bungalows are situated in a 100 Year-Old Garden, one of the oldest in all of Venice, and this particular house has the private patio flanked by cypress and palms... truly a paradise! Unit is 455 sq. feet.
Outside of your own private patio is a large shared courtyard with many amenities such as the hot tub & dryer, fire pit, BBQ, surf shower and free laundry facilities, as well as relaxing tables and chairs throughout the gardens. You will have a free reserved parking space.
Interaction with guests
We live close by and can be on hand if needed, but generally our correspondence is only through email, texts, and sometimes phone calls when necessary. Let yourself in with the key code/lockbox instructions we provide; come and go at your own convenience. For guests that would like more interaction, we are more than happy to stop by, introduce ourselves, and answer questions about the space or the area when we are available, but in our experience most guests prefer to just have their own space.
Other things to note
We keep the bungalows stocked with a 'starter-kit' (first-day supply) of paper goods and kitchen items such as coffee & seasonings plus towels for bath & beach, and fresh, fluffy pillows with cozy bedding on comfy beds :)
- Pets are welcome! We charge a one-time $50 pet fee for additional cleaning.
- We have cruiser bikes available for rent, $15/day. Reserve ahead of time.
- Please allow at least 24 hours for repair requests to be fulfilled. We will do our best to accommodate any repairs or special requests within 24 hours of receipt of the request. Please note that sometimes weekends or holidays it may take longer.
1. To preserve the peace and quiet that makes my home such relaxing and special place, as well as Venice Beach in general, I must inform you that the city of Venice has an Ordinance that states it is unlawful to make loud, unnecessary or unusual noise that disturbs the peace and quiet of any neighborhood. Anyone found to be violating noise ordinances via complaints from city officials, the neighbors, or other guests, will be subject to a minimum $250 fine and/or eviction without a refund.
2. NO additional guests/visitors permitted in the home or on the property at any time! Please submit a reservation/reservation request for the exact amount of guests.
3. Please do not submit any third-party reservations, they will not be honored.
4. Any damages or loss must be reported prior to checkout.
5. The home is 100% non-smoking.
6. The hot tub and garden close at 10pm NO EXCEPTIONS!!!
7. We charge $50 for pets, and pets MUST be cleaned up after and leashed at all times while in the courtyard. Pets MAY NOT be left alone in the courtyard.
8. Quiet Time starts at 10pm, please be considerate of neighbors when you are coming and going from the home, and again, use of the central garden and hot tub is prohibited after 10pm.
9. Upon check-out, please leave all dishes/utensils/glassware washed, used towels in a pile, and garbage out to the receptacles near the garages.
10. 9. ONLY PARK IN YOUR ASSIGNED SPACE!!!! Or you may be towed or fined $100.
11. Do not leave your car in the spot past 11am the day of checkout without permission to insure you will not be towed.
12. Any additional cleaning required (carpet steaming due to stains, pet-hair removal on furniture, repairs due to negligence), property missing or damaged, or a late check-out will result in a deduction of deposit.
13. Checkout is 11am
14. Keys must be returned at the end of reservation. WE CHARGE $30 FOR LOST KEYS / KEY REPLACEMENT
15. Please allow at least 24 hours for repair requests to be fulfilled. We will do our best to accommodate any repairs or special requests within 24 hours of receipt of the request. Please note that sometimes weekends or holidays it may take longer.
16. Constant maintenance and attention are given the property to ensure cleanliness and that all is in good running order – but - things do break, like any household. We make immediate attempts to resolve but DO NOT give any refunds or compensation for temporary loss or use of any appliances, power losses, etc.
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund plus service fees back.
This host has 1086 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
Hi! I have lived in Venice and Marina del Rey for more than a decade. It's a wonderful area and it makes me happy to share this community with guests from all over the globe!!