We are in Cobden IL area amidst orchards wineries, forests. One-acre organic farm with two-bedrooms/baths nonsmoking cottage, 4 season vegetable-herb-flower-fruit beds and food forest. Our vegan hospitality is open and inclusive. Se habla espanol!
La Colina Linda Farm and B & B
1) First of all, please enjoy your stay at the farm and cottage!
2) Next, please conserve running water as the system is based on a cistern. There is sufficient water for showers, clothes washing, dishwashing etc., but avoid leaving water running from faucet. For drinking, use water cooler or Britta filtered water in refrigerator. Coffee and ice will taste better with filtered water.
Use electric teapot to heat filtered water for any of the various teas provided. Coffee is freshly roasted locally (Jen’s Joe).
3) Toilets are water-saving so button on left uses less water to flush than button on right, which is used when more water is needed for flush.
4) Place dirty dishes in dishwasher after rinsing and run when necessary. Soap is under kitchen sink.
5) Store all food either in blonde cabinet or in refrigerator.
6) Recycling is important to the sustainability of the farm. Please place all plant-based food scraps, paper towels, dryer lint, tea bags, coffee filters, etc. in the stainless steel container on counter. Plastic and cans can be left at the cottage for the recycling center.
7) Respect the vegetable, herb and flowerbeds. Reach into the beds to observe or pick without stepping on the double dug beds. We are creating a sponge-like texture for the benefit of the soil and plants. In the forest garden, step only on the grassy areas.
8) You are welcome to eat food from the garden during your stay, but pick only those things that have been designated.
9) To checkout, leave keys on table and lock lower lock from inside on both doors.
10) Safe traveling home! Thank you for staying at La Colina Linda and we look forward to seeing you again!
Jeri--retired from migrant education & Kathy --retired university professor follow plant-based sustainable living that motivated us to start LCL farm and B & B and provide plant-based options for B & B and the wine trail. We co-farm on an organic farm-orchard and host the B & B in the heart of Shawnee Wine Trail, National Forest and Giant City State Park and 20 minutes from Southern Illinois University at Carbondale. Great road biking, hiking, rock climbing, zip-lining, wildflower and birding opportunities! Other sustainable-organic farms in the region. We are committed to sustainable living and open inclusive hospitality. Se habla espanol y Bangla bolsi!
Guests at our B & B will stay in a quiet beautiful area and a working organic farm and orchard. Atmosphere is relaxed and casual.
Kathy is a Vegan Fusion certified teacher and can provide plant-based meals and wine trail lunches from around the world based in part by what we grow at LCL farm and local CSAs-Coop (organic, sustainable). Gluten-free and raw options available. We can cater luncheons on our front porch (up to 15 people) . We can advise on other local dining options and day trips. Our food options have been shaped by Kathy's travels in Bangladesh, India, Great Britain,New Zealand, Australia, Honduras, and Puerto Rico and Jeri's travels to Mexico, Colombia, Puerto Rico.