About this listing
Great very safe neighborhood. Half block from 2 subways. Uncluttered, clean, spacious, comfortable. Enjoy staying local - experience the charm of the Brooklyn lifestyle.
2 bedroom apartment on the second floor in a 4 story, 8 unit building. Queen size bed in master bedroom that fits two people, Full size bed in second bedroom that fits 2 people. There is a large flatscreen t.v. and DVD player but no cable. Living room has a large couch that is comfortable to sleep on for a couple of nights but does not pull out. Thick queen size air mattress for 2 people can be used in living room. Modern kitchen with marble counters and stainless steel appliances opens up to the Living Room and Dining Room. 48" Round Dining Table designed to accommodate 4. Small but nice bathroom with tub and shower. Free High Speed Wireless Internet. Dishwasher. Washer/Dryer in apartment. One window AC unit in Master. One AC unit in Second Bedroom.
One of Brooklyn's hottest stretches of restaurants/bars/shops/cafes starts a block away on Smith Street. Tree-lined block with many beautiful brick houses with classic Brooklyn architecture. Family-friendly, creative neighborhood with many amusements but without the crowds of Manhattan. Only a 10 minute cab or 15 minute subway to downtown Manhattan.
Plan your trip in advance!
Restaurants & Bars
1. Buttermilk Channel popular American Creative with great reviews and foodie following
2. Le Petit Cafe welcoming cafe with transporting garden serves paninis and salads in addition to typical cafe-fare
3. Prime Meats cozy old-world style restaurant and bar
4. Frankie’s 457 even Manhattanites cross the river to come to this intimate, casual Italian bistro with garden seating
5. Abilene open air bar with outdoor seating and good music
6. Lucalli said to rival Grimaldi’s for authentic Italian pizza but in a charming atmosphere - call to confirm wait time
7. Nightengale 9 Vietnamese noodle dishes
8. Smith Canteen classic cafe - coffee, pastries, pre-made sandwiches
9. Seersucker excellent Southern fare with 8am weekday breakfast, weekend brunch
10. Brooklyn Social good cocktails, young hip crown
11. Jake Walk Cozy wine bar with good small plates
12. Zaytoons Middle Eastern always good and cheap, BYOB
13. Zombie Hut Tiki bar with great outdoor space
14. Dassara Ramen is hot and this place gets high ratings
15. Battersby One of the hottest restaurants in the neighborhood, always a wait so plan for it
A. Deli convenience store with snacks, toiletries
B. Carroll Gardens Wash and Go drycleaners
C. Caputo’s Sicilian market with fresh mozzarella, homemade pastas, cured meats and gourmet food goods
D. Carroll Gardens Wines & Liquors family run wine shop
E. Mazzone’s hardware store with helpful staff
F. Court Street Grocers amazing sandwiches and gourmet basics
G. Gourmet Fresh small grocery store
H. Smith & Vine nice wine shop
(website hidden). Mary’s Star of the Sea Roman Catholic church where Al Capone was wed
Also near the B57 bus stop.The apartment is very convenient. The F and G trains are a half block away on the corner of 3rd Street and Smith Street by the deli/convenience store. These trains connect with all the other subways and will get you to downtown Manhattan in 15 minutes, Prospect Park in 15 minutes and Williamsburg (the birthplace of the hipster) in about 25 minutes. However, there is no need to travel to other neighborhoods as Carroll Gardens has lots to offer in the way of shopping and dining. There is a laundromat within 3 blocks and a Whole Foods about 4 blocks away.
Please remove your shoes when entering the apartment, leave them inside.
Please do not smoke in the apartment, hallway or on the stoop.
Turn out the lights and turn off the AC when out. The AC has a delay timer. Turn it off, then hit the arrow buttons to set the number of hours delay you want.
Do not use the fireplace. It could be dangerous.
Please do not invite additional guests to the apartment without prior permission.
Please respect our neighbors.
If you cook, please note the stainless steel fridge and stove are very sensitive. Use ONLY dish soap and a SOFT, non-abraisive sponge to wipe it down.