About this listing
This spacious, 600sq. ft. 1 bedroom apt has a large living room and a separate full kitchen. Enjoy your own private entrance and direct access to an additional 350 sq ft private statue garden equipped with a grill and plenty of room for outdoor entertaining. The apartment is on the ground level of a historically landmarked townhouse, nestled in the center of a row of brownstones, located on a beautiful tree-lined block of Manhattan's upper east side. The kitchen and bathroom boast new marble tile and countertops as well as all new appliances. While the bedroom and livingroom are newly furnished and equipped with HD televisions. Fresh linens and towels are kept fully stocked and daily cleaning service is available. There is also a building superintendent that lives nearby who is available 24 hours a day. Located only 5 blocks from Central Park and seconds away from some of the worlds greatest shopping, attractions, museums and restaurants, as well as easy access to the 4,5,6,N,R,7 subway lines, this magnificent apartment will cater perfectly for anyone looking to enjoy a safe and fun New York Vacation, as well as those who may choose to stay for a longer period of time. May all your travels be grand!!
1. Rider / addendum: These House Rules act as a rider that is incorporated in the lease. The lease is a legally binding agreement and Tenant is welcome to have an attorney review it before accepting the terms.
2. Representations: No representations, statements or agreements made by Owner, its agents, any real estate agent or others are binding unless set forth in writing in this lease and the House Rules addendum.
3. It is clearly understood that the lease is provided for private living accomodations solely; any other enterprise will not be allowed to be engaged in on premises.
This includes: a) professional services of any typ(URL HIDDEN) b) any merchandising activitie(URL HIDDEN) c) teaching lessons, etc.
traffic of people is prohibited for any purpose other than personal guests. Premises are to be used solely for private living occupancy. 336 East 69th Street is zoned residential only.
4. Kitchen appliances in house are in good working order. Two air conditioning units are property of landlord and are available for tenant's use, as well as stove, refrigerator, bed, end tables, lamps, paintings, sofa, table, chairs, two televisions, side tables, mirrors and other miscellaneous furniture; condition of equipment as is.
5. Any renovations in the form of plantings or any other physical change in the garden shall have prior written approval of the Landlord.
6. Landscaping of street patio and rear garden shall be the responsibility of the Landlord and at his discretion.
7. Nothing shall be stored in street patio.
8. Tenant may not alter any paint color or interior finish without prior written approval by Landlord. Should Tenant make such a change without approval, Landlord may restore such changes to original condition at Tenant's expense.
9. No sublease agreement is permissible and lease is not transferable unless with written consent of the lessor; which consent will not be witheld unreasonably. The Tenant will forfeit the security deposit if the lease is terminated prior to the expiration date unless the tenant finds a new Tenant acceptable to the Landlord. Tenant shall continue to pay rent to Landlord until a new lease is executed.
10. The Tenant shall have responsibility for moving all trash to the curbside as per rules and regulations of the New York City Department of Sanitation. Trash shall be put out to the curbside and bagged in plastic bags only on scheduled days for pickup.
11. The iron gate between sidewalk and street patio shall be kept closed at all times.
12. The Tenant understands that the landlord has financial commitments in the form of mortgage loan payments which are due on specific dates. This commitment involves substantial penalty clauses for late payment. Accordingly, it is therefore mandatory that the Tenant delivers each month's rent payment on the first day of the month. A daily service charge in the amount of $50.00 (fifty dollars) per day will be billed to the Tenant for every day the rent is tardy over six days.
13. The drilling or puncturing of any holes in walls and woodwork is allowable provided that the Tenant will be responsible for any and all patching and repainting necessary to close the holes.
15. The cleaning of all windows in the apartment shall be the responsibility of the Tenant and shall be done from inside the apartment.
16. No options are granted for lease renewal.
17. End of term: Owner may show the apartment, on reasonable prior notice, to prospective purchasers or tenants during the final two months of the term of this Lease.
I am a 65 year old husband and father. I work as an art dealer and live with my family in New York, NY. I love art, architecture, world history gardening and sports and enjoy travelling and spending quality time with friends and family. My favorite countries to visit are Italy and France, though I do enjoy the caribbean. I have owned this townhouse since 1991 and I take great pride in providing my guests with a clean, comfortable and secure living space because their satisfaction reflects on my self and my family.