About this listing
This spacious, 600sq. ft. 1 bedroom apt has a large living room and a separate full kitchen. Enjoy your own private entrance and direct access to an additional 350 sq ft private statue garden equipped with a grill and plenty of room for outdoor entertaining. The apartment is on the ground level of a historically landmarked townhouse, nestled in the center of a row of brownstones, located on a beautiful tree-lined block of Manhattan's upper east side. The kitchen and bathroom boast new marble tile and countertops as well as all new appliances. While the bedroom and livingroom are newly furnished and equipped with HD televisions. Fresh linens and towels are kept fully stocked and daily cleaning service is available. There is also a building superintendent that lives nearby who is available 24 hours a day. Located only 5 blocks from Central Park and seconds away from some of the worlds greatest shopping, attractions, museums and restaurants, as well as easy access to the 4,5,6,N,R,7 subway lines, this magnificent apartment will cater perfectly for anyone looking to enjoy a safe and fun New York Vacation, as well as those who may choose to stay for a longer period of time. May all your travels be grand!!
1. Rider / addendum: These House Rules act as a rider that is incorporated in the lease. The lease is a legally binding agreement and Tenant is welcome to have an attorney review it before accepting the terms.
2. Representations: No representations, statements or agreements made by Owner, its agents, any real estate agent or others are binding unless set forth in writing in this lease and the House Rules addendum.
3. It is clearly understood that the lease is provided for private living accomodations solely; any other enterprise will not be allowed to be engaged in on premises.
This includes: a) professional services of any type
b) any merchandising activities
c) teaching lessons, etc.
traffic of people is prohibited for any purpose other than personal guests. Premises are to be used solely for private living occupancy. 336 East 69th Street is zoned residential only.
4. Kitchen appliances in house are in good working order. Two air conditioning units are property of landlord and are available for tenant's use, as well as stove, refrigerator, bed, end tables, lamps, paintings, sofa, table, chairs, two televisions, side tables, mirrors and other miscellaneous furniture; condition of equipment as is.
5. Any renovations in the form of plantings or any other physical change in the garden shall have prior written approval of the Landlord.
6. Landscaping of street patio and rear garden shall be the responsibility of the Landlord and at his discretion.
7. Nothing shall be stored in street patio.
8. Tenant may not alter any paint color or interior finish without prior written approval by Landlord. Should Tenant make such a change without approval, Landlord may restore such changes to original condition at Tenant's expense.
9. No sublease agreement is permissible and lease is not transferable unless with written consent of the lessor; which consent will not be witheld unreasonably. The Tenant will forfeit the security deposit if the lease is terminated prior to the expiration date unless the tenant finds a new Tenant acceptable to the Landlord. Tenant shall continue to pay rent to Landlord until a new lease is executed.
10. The Tenant shall have responsibility for moving all trash to the curbside as per rules and regulations of the New York City Department of Sanitation. Trash shall be put out to the curbside and bagged in plastic bags only on scheduled days for pickup.
11. The iron gate between sidewalk and street patio shall be kept closed at all times.
12. The Tenant understands that the landlord has financial commitments in the form of mortgage loan payments which are due on specific dates. This commitment involves substantial penalty clauses for late payment. Accordingly, it is therefore mandatory that the Tenant delivers each month's rent payment on the first day of the month. A daily service charge in the amount of $50.00 (fifty dollars) per day will be billed to the Tenant for every day the rent is tardy over six days.
13. The drilling or puncturing of any holes in walls and woodwork is allowable provided that the Tenant will be responsible for any and all patching and repainting necessary to close the holes.
15. The cleaning of all windows in the apartment shall be the responsibility of the Tenant and shall be done from inside the apartment.
16. No options are granted for lease renewal.
17. End of term: Owner may show the apartment, on reasonable prior notice, to prospective purchasers or tenants during the final two months of the term of this Lease.
Gregory's apartment was plenty big for the two of us, plus we had two other couples for cocktails before dinner one evening and to worked vey well.The garden/patio in back is a bonus and vey nice. Location is excellent. The only issues we had were that the kitchen (whichever used) lacked cleaning supplies nor were there any towels. As a matter of fact there were only two towels in the entire unit. These were the two bath towels. We ended up purchasing dish towels for our stay. Also, the Internet is very spotty. Worked off and on, and the TV's are quirky.
Accommodations were exactly as represented. Good communication with Gregory and his son. Apartment added to our enjoyment of Manhattan. Will definitely want to stay there again for our next Manhattan getaway.
Everything was as described, and the garden was more magical than it looks on the photos. Really enjoyed the garden at night. The rest of the apartment was fine for our week stay. Entry is under the brownstone stairs, ground floor. Close to 4,5,6 subway & Central Park! Gregory was responsive & Stewart was nice.
Really enjoyed our 5 day stay particularly proximity to Frick Collection and the park. We had a sense of upper east side being out of the madding crowd and dining with locals rather than tourists in the local restaurants. Our hosts were extremely polite about our late arrival and helpful when we required assistance with the TV.
Gregory is easy to communicate and quick responsible. The town house is very well located, quite and nice block in manhatton. the house' mantainace is above average, clean and comfort. lots of space. it is a very unique place to stay in mannhaton. a little bit historical feeling.
This was our second time staying at Gregory's Airbnb residence. It's a great place to stay while in NYC. The backyard garden is a particular delight. Ideally located for us and walking distance to about everything we need. We look forward to our next NYC visit and staying again at Gregory's.
A decent，lovely apartment with a cute garden in a very nice area . I happened to meet the family who are very friendly and responsive. I wish I have enough time to read the books ，which are about many aspects of NY，in the living room. Highly recommend！
This host has 12 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Gregory
I am a 65 year old husband and father. I work as an art dealer and live with my family in New York, NY. I love art, architecture, world history gardening and sports and enjoy travelling and spending quality time with friends and family. My favorite countries to visit are Italy and France, though I do enjoy the caribbean. I have owned this townhouse since 1991 and I take great pride in providing my guests with a clean, comfortable and secure living space because their satisfaction reflects on my self and my family.