About this listing
SELF CONTAINED FULLY FURNISHED #1 NAPIER & Top 20 North Island 2013-14-15 (Trip Advisor B&B)
4BR 3BATH SELF CATERED SPACIOUS MODERN DELUXE HOME on 1 level. FREE WiFi, EASY Walk to NZ's oldest WINERY& fine dining 7 days lunch/dinner
* Luxury home in NAPIER'S Mission Quarter, 250m to gates of 'Estate' (founded 1851) oldest winery in NZ. 600m to Church Road Winery (1897)
Cellar door & fine dining.
* EXPANSIVE LIVING >200sq m * 4 bedrooms & 3 BATHS !
* TWO Queen ensuite BEDROOMS & x 2 TWIN BEDROOMS & FULL TWO ROOM BATH.
* LARGE LOUNGE AREAS:
HD CINEMA LOUNGE features SKY TV, NETFLIX, BluRay library, piano. Huge outdoor timber decking, BBQ, fridge, microwave & outdoor living in New Zealand's best climate.
* Chef standard kitchen
* One level home. NO STEPS! & a warm welcome to guests of all ages.
* Gardens & mature treed property. Native birds.
* Views over Taipo stream to Sugarloaf Peak, vineyards 250m.
* Welcome to 140 Avenue Road in the MISSION quarter of NAPIER city, Art Deco quarter easy 7 min. drive.
* Fine Dining * Easy walk to NZ's oldest wineries:
Mission Estate 1851 gates 250m, open 7 days lunch & dinner.
Church Road Winery (phone number hidden)m lunch 7 days.
* Walking / cycling track across Taipo stream / domain green space.
* 24/7 self serve beverages, free off street parking.
* Private & secluded, yet within NAPIER CITY.
8 kms to CBD Art Deco Napier, Port Ahurihi, Airport, 7 minutes drive.
#1 rated Napier B&B Trip Advisor
* sleeps 8
* ask about additional en suite bedroom for larger groups
* please call for ANY special requests / inquiries....we are here to help
* INCLUSIVE PRICING:
all taxes GST 15% included:
Fast & Free WiFi.
* laundry on site
* 24 / 7 tea /coffee /beverages
WiFi, HD home cinema lounge w/ piano & extensive DVD/BluRay lending library, 24/7 Tea/Coffee station, Full size guest fridge, BBQ. microwave, crockery & limited cooking facilities.
* Host nearby:
Wine tour guide & licensed passenger service. Exclusive & group tours in our NEW luxury 12 pax dual air coach.
* Low allergen, smoke & pet free environment
* Mission B&B on the Avenue is a luxury family owned boutique, #1 B&B Napier & 'Top 20' North Island NZ since 2013 *Trip Advisor*
* Certificate of Excellence 6 years running.
Member ACCREDITED by B&B Association NZ .
* FAMILY friendly space.
Loved & well supervised children most welcome.
* Breakfast Options for B&B guests:
Homemade toasted muesli, REAL coffee & tea, INCLUDED with your stay.
* Want to learn about Hawkes Bay world class wines?
Please contact us!
* Huge garden section with large outdoor decking for dining al fresco in view of the Taipo stream and Sugarloaf Peak. Off street parking always available. Enjoy a glass of wine, on our 'deck', to the sound of native birds.
* Welcome to our Wine & Food haven
* Hosts nearby:
Robert Simon, WINE guide, & Wendy, 4th generation Napierite.
LICENSED luxury passenger service available:
* Professionally escorted scenic or wine tours.
* Complimentary personally designed 'self drive' tours.
* Best local recommendations for wining and dining.
* dinner & airport transfers
* This region is all about great WINE & fresh FRUIT/Veg & the unique story of the great quake of 1931 & 4 year ART DECO rebuild.
* 7 minute drive to Napier CBD, the ART DECO capital of the world or Port Ahurihi nightlife, & NPE (airport)
* 2 minutes to Taradale shopping & many food options
* 12 minutes to Hastings City, home of the Sunday Farmer's market, NZ's largest, 1st and best! (just celebrated it's 15th Anniversary).
*Great cycling and walking tracks.
* 4 Full sized affordable GOLF courses a short drive away (reduced green fees on some courses & free club loan may be possible)
Cape Kidnapper's Gannet Colony, Te Mata Peak at 400M & 360 degree views of Hawkes Bay province. See the Central island Volcanoes on a clear day. Get in the 'picture'. NZ's SUNNY jewel. Stay a little longer.
* Most hours of bright sunlight on North Island.
2300 + hours annually. The fruitbowl of NZ.
*Welcome to Napier's Mission Quarter.
FREE WiFi! Huge decking & pergola for al fresco dining, gardens, HD cinema lounge & BluRay /DVD library, NETFlix, piano. 24/7 beverages, two full size fridges, BBQ, microwave, chef standard kitchen fully equipped, FREE off street parking.
Interaction with Guests
Hosts, nearby (wine guide / licensed passenger service) offer a very special level of Napier service.
Luxury Shuttle transport available.
Enjoy our hospitality.
Read about us on TRIP ADVISOR: #1 NAPIER B&B 2013 - 2014 - 2015.
Located in Mission Quarter of Napier City, an easy walk to 2 of NZ's oldest wineries and fine dining open 7 days lunch / dinner.
Mission Estate, NZ's best winery restaurant gates 250m.
600m to Church Road Winery cellar door, lunch venue, museum, wedding /corporate venue.
1.6 km to Taradale shops & restaurants.
Walk or cycle the new pathways across Taipo stream from our back gardens.
7 minutes drive : NPE AIRPORT, Seaport AHURIHI & CBD Napier (ART DECO PRECINCT)
Quiet safe residential neighbourhood conveniently located to wineries and regional features.
* Free off street parking for your vehicle.
* 200m to city bus stop.
* His n hers bikes complimentary
* Licensed passenger service luxury shuttle available .
* Free itinerary and trip planning.
Other Things to Note
* Nearby Host is licensed passenger service & wine tour guide.
* Free trip planning and local information.
* Read about us on Trip Advisor, world's largest travel site: Mission B&B on the Avenue #1 rated B&B Napier & Hawkes Bay wine region, top 20 North Island NZ
All guests have EN SUITE or PRIVATE bath
Private & peaceful.
Pet & smoke free low allergen environment.
No smoking INSIDE. Please use OUTDOOR / garden areas. Thank you!
Please ask us if there is any way we can assist to make your stay BETTER.
Please advise any special requirements / concerns.
Confirmation will follow acceptance of cancellation policies.
Concert dates & special events may be 'blacked out' as they have been PRE SOLD.
No guests or 'partiers' other than registered residents (maximum 8 persons)
TWO persons per bedroom / n.b. infants 《 2 years free in parent's room, portacot available gratis☆
Regret cannot cater to your loved pet.
Well loved/supervised children and families are most welcome.
This is a large self catered & self contained family home, professionally managed / owners nearby offer security & assistance.
Thank you for being a considerate & tidy guest in our home!
What an incredible stay - if you are overnighting in Napier for any length of time, you should absolutely stay at Robert & Wendy's wonderful home - their hospitality is second to none. Robert has his finger on the pulse of the region, and he went above and beyond to make sure our time in Hawkes Bay was perfect. And the breakfast - wow, the BREAKFAST - what a way to start the day! Felt right at home once we stepped foot in the door, and we truly didn't want to leave.
We had a long weekend here with family, and I don't think we could have asked for a better place to stay! Wendy was an amazing host, going far above and beyond the call of duty. We had amazing breakfast platters every day, with home-made muesli, fresh juice, and delicious bread. The beds were incredibly comfortable, the house was spacious, and the area at th back of the property was perfect for a wine or two. Highly recommend staying here, the hospitality is second to none!
Robert & Wendy were the most AWESOME hosts ever. They do feel like your uncle and auntie! Both of them are well-traveled and this makes breakfast time very enjoyable as we chat for a couple of hours each morning on topics so varied.
The en-suite room with private entrance in and out of the house allows us the privacy we want. As winter gets a bit quiet, we were the only guests in the B&B which is equivalent to having exclusive use of the lounge room which now, after tuning up, is as good as being in a theater. The pair of bikes that the B&B has for guests to borrow are tip-top! We enjoyed cycling to the city center every day even in winter. Breakfast is beautifully laid out every morning and I could not get enough of Wendy's homemade museli. It must be in Napier that we were most well fed throughout our trip. We have already recommended Mission B & B on the Avenue to many friends of ours. This is THE B&B to go to when in Napier!
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. Having hosted 100's since 2008, it was gratifying to HOST AIRBNB'ers for the 1st time! (after staying in so many airbnbs ourselves). A really lovely couple full of the joys of living, it was a pleasure meeting you. Lots of interesting conversations re our travels & life experiences. Hope to see you again soon either here or Singapore. warm regards, RS & W
About the Host, Robert Simon
Welcome to this world class wine region & unique cosmopolitan small CITY on the SUNNY east side of North island New Zealand.
We are 'Foodies' / vinophiles, aged 50+.
Robert Simon is a wine tour guide and operates a licensed passenger / shuttle transport service in his new luxury 12+ seat coach.
Wendy, a 4th generation Napierite is an artist and formerly an eldercare specialist.
We are innkeepers in the MISSION quarter of Napier City, Art Deco Capital of the World.
Napier has the most hours of bright sunlight on the North Island 2300+hours + 300+ days annually!
World travelled: Robert Simon: Asia / Europe / North America, hospo veteran of 30+ years & former pro caddie,
Wendy has lived / worked in Australia / NZ and honeymooned 2010 in North America / France / Germany. She is an accomplished jewelry design artist.
Together, a welcoming capable couple as hosts, & 'low maintenance' guests whilst 'on the road'.
We enjoy cinema in our own home theatre, gardening, outdoors, cycling, & fine wine / dining & meeting interesting people of differing cultures round the world.
Languages spoken include: English, Francais, Cantonese.
Please contact us for any accommodation / touring inquiries.
We would love to meet you!
Thank you for looking at our listing!