Fully furnished whole floor 3 bedroom penthouse with stunning panoramic views. Situated in Darling Point, moments from the harbour's edge, quietly overlooking Sydney's beautiful skyline in its entirety, this large, sun-drenched oasis is a rare find.
Beautifully appointed 3 bedroom apartment in a truly world class location.
- Cavernous living area with breathtaking city views and all day natural light
- 3 large bedrooms each with sun drenched balconies and built in robes
- Panoramic city, harbour and/or district views from every room
- 2 modern, marble bathrooms including ensuite
- Private lift entrance directly into apartment
- Self contained stainless steel kitchen
- Quality appointments throughout
- Reverse cycle ducted air-conditioned bedrooms
- 2 secure car spaces in LUG
- Exclusive entertaining perspective for NYE and other fireworks displays
- Stroll to train station, cafes, CCYC yacht club and marina/rentals, tennis courts and restaurants.
SHOPS, RESTAURANTS AND POOLS NEAR MONA RD DARLING POINT
EDGECLIFF SHOPPING CENTRE:
Edgecliff is the most convenient shopping centre - just one block up the hill: walk down Mona Rd to New South Head Rd, turn left and walk up the hill. You’ll find the Edgecliff Shopping Centre across the road at the top of the hill with most things you’ll need there:
supermarkets: Aldi (on the ground floor) and Coles (upstairs) ; cafes ; sushi; post office; banks
and the train station.
DOUBLE BAY SHOPPING CENTRE:
Also within walking distance – just walk up Mona Rd and turn right at the roundabout at the top of the hill. Walk down the winding hill (past the old Anglican Church) and turn left on Ocean Street and take the first right to get to the Double Bay shops:
supermarkets ; banks ; cafes; restaurants; pubs ; designer and other exclusive clothing boutiques
and shoe stores.
BONDI JUNCTION SHOPPING CENTRE:
One train stop from Edgecliff Centre - bondi Junction is one of the largest shopping centres ion Sydney features the expansive Westfield shopping mall.
CAFES WITHIN ONE BLOCK:
- French Press – Glenmore Rd (opposite the lights at the bottom of Mona Rd)
- Rushcutters Bay Park Café: walk down Mona Lane and cross the road
- Café at the EastSail marina: walk down Mona Lane turn right on New Beach Rd
RESTAURANTS WITHIN WALKING DISTANCE:
- Bei Amici: on the ground floor of the apartment building (voted best informal Italian restaurant)
- The Cruising Yacht Club restaurant - a short stroll down to the park:
- Bay 88 - a 5 min walk on the other side of the park
- Flavour of India - Half a block up New South head Rd on the left hand side.
- Pizza Bella- corner of Mona Rd and New South Head Rd
- Mrs. Sippy - 10-15 min walk down to Double Bay (super-trendy bar and great for cocktails til late)
- Plus dozens of others in Double Bay - all within a 10-15 min walk:
PUBLIC POOLS WITHIN A 5-10 MINUTE DRIVE:
- Andrew Boy Charlton Pool: gorgeous outdoor pool with cafe, yoga centre and kiddies pool (in the Domain near the art gallery)
- Cook and Phillip Park Aquatic Centre: (indoor pools)
- Redleaf Seapool: closest ocean pool up the hill from Double Bay on harbour side
- Nielsen Park sea pool: deep water harbour sea-pool at Shark Bay on the harbour side.
- Icebergs in Bondi: Sydney’s most famous ocean pool – great for lap swimming with a view.
Bronte sea pool: family-friendly free sea pool on the dramatic Bronte coastline.
GYMS WITHIN ONE BLOCK:
- Crossfit: One New South Head Rd, Edgecliff
- Anytime Fitness: 179-191 New South Head Road Edgecliff
- Temple of the Body and Soul: 100 New South Head Road Edgecliff
Other Things to Note
BOSE WIFI SPEAKER SYSTEM:
Plays your music via booth-tooth pairing
Streams movies to the TV from your iTunes account or bring your laptop and/or iOS devices to display photos or other content on the big screen.
- Not permitted indoors.
- Ashtrays must be used if smoking on the balconies.
- No cigarette butts over the balcony railings.
- Small groups (up to 12 guests) permitted with prior approval.
- Low noise levels after 10 pm.
- Security guards patrol nightly and lock rooftop door between 10-11pm.
- Entertaining of larger groups will be permitted for an additional fee - prior approval required.
- Guests may park on the far side of the secure courtyard to the rear of the apartment.
- Adequate space must be left for another vehicle to park adjacent to the restaurant.
- Access for parking is via Mona Lane.
- Standard booking fee includes up to 4 guests
- Additional guests: $95 per guest p/n.
- Bedroom 3: now has a Queen bed for up to two guests (set up as a secondary living in photos).
- Linen can be supplied for the 2m sofa and daybed in the living room for 2 extra guests.
- Inflatable airbed can also be supplied.
Please report any issues with the elevator directly the lift company Electralift:
(phone number hidden)
We are happy to share that Louise's Penthouse in Sydney was everything we were led to believe. The view of central Sydney and the harbour was extraordinary, the space great and very usable, it was close to good public transportation and the Hosts were very helpful getting us organized. We would highly recommend it to anyone and we hope we have another opportunity in the future to use it again.
The view from this apartment is stunning and it's location is really good - being a close taxi ride to almost everything you might want to see as a tourist (and we even walked many places towards the end of our stay)! The apartment is well equipped and comfortable. Louise is an amazing host and extremely responsive! Full air conditioning throughout was appreciated!
Overall was a great host, highly recommend the stay
Upon meeting was very welcoming.
Very informative on how the apartment works and what certain things we need to be aware of
The apartment was very well kept and perfect for our needs
Close to everything!
Louise was very helpful and knowledgable on sites to see and restaurants to visit
I could easily have a beer with her and her partner
Great apartment and the view was amazing!! Darling Point is a great location with the CBD and Bondi are within 15 minutes! Louise is a great host who is very accommodating to all requests. Will definitely use again!
Very nice and welcoming hosts, super apartment with tremendous view. The place is located in a calm but still busy enough area to offer shops and bus/train/boat connexions with anywhere in the city.
The views and location are fantastic. Apartment is generally clean and pleasant. I stayed here as an alternative to a suite in a hotel as we have 2 young children. I would try airbnb again and see how we go. Need to weigh up variety against convenience. Price was comparable to hotels.
the penthouse apartment was exactly as described. the location was perfect for us as we have family in the eastern suburbs. the location is excellent for transportation to the city. the views are wonderful. Louise was a pleasure to work with from beginning to end. Louise responded quickly to my initial request, answered my questions, and promptly issued an approval. the information she provided about the apartment - the "user's guide" was thorough and extremely helpful. all the arrangements were well thought out and accommodating. Louise responded quickly to questions during our stay and followed up afterwards with an email. all Louise's communications throughout were prompt, clear, professional in a good way, and courteous. i hope to stay in Darling Point again.
Hi - I'm Louise and I'm a kiwi (born in NZ) who has lived in Sydney for the last 15+ years - mostly at the lovely penthouse in Darling Point.
I hope you enjoy your sojourn at the penthouse as much as I've enjoyed living here. Please let me know if I can assist with any special arrangements to make your stay more enjoyable.