About this listing
Fully furnished entire floor 3 bedroom penthouse with stunning panoramic harbour & city views. Only moments from the City, Opera House, Bondi Beach & transport, this large, sun-drenched oasis overlooking Sydney's beautiful skyline is a rare find.
Beautifully appointed 3 bedroom apartment in a truly world class location.
- Spacious living area with breathtaking city views and all day natural light
- 3 large bedrooms (one King bed and two Queens) each with sun drenched balconies and built-in wardrobes
- Panoramic city, harbour and/or district views from every room
- 2 modern, marble bathrooms both with showers including ensuite
- ADSL2/2+ broadband (speeds of up to 24,000 kbps)
- Private lift entrance directly into apartment
- Self contained stainless steel kitchen
- Quality appointments throughout
- Reverse cycle ducted air-conditioned bedrooms
- 2 secure car spaces in lock-up garage
- Exclusive entertaining perspective for New Year's Eve and other fireworks displays (2 week minimum booking of Xmas/NYE period)
- Stroll to train station, cafes, yacht club and marina/rentals, tennis courts and restaurants.
- Short drive to Bondi Beach and other coastal attractions
You'll have access to the entire space.
Interaction with Guests
I will meet you at the apartment for check-in and am on-call to assist with any queries you might have during your stay.
SHOPS, RESTAURANTS AND POOLS NEAR MONA RD DARLING POINT
EDGECLIFF SHOPPING CENTRE:
Edgecliff is the most convenient shopping centre - just one block up the hill: walk down Mona Rd to New South Head Rd, turn left and walk up the hill. You'll find the Edgecliff Shopping Centre across the road at the top of the hill with most things you'll need there:
supermarkets: Aldi (on the ground floor) and Coles (upstairs) ; cafes ; sushi; post office; banks
and the train station.
DOUBLE BAY SHOPPING CENTRE:
Also within walking distance – just walk up Mona Rd and turn right at the roundabout at the top of the hill. Walk down the winding hill (past the old Anglican Church) and turn left on Ocean Street and take the first right to get to the Double Bay shops:
supermarkets ; banks ; cafes; restaurants; pubs ; designer and other exclusive clothing boutiques
and shoe stores.
BONDI JUNCTION SHOPPING CENTRE:
One train stop from Edgecliff Centre - bondi Junction is one of the largest shopping centres ion Sydney features the expansive Westfield shopping mall.
CAFES WITHIN ONE BLOCK:
- French Press – Glenmore Rd (opposite the lights at the bottom of Mona Rd)
- Rushcutters Bay Park Café: walk down Mona Lane and cross the road
- Café at the EastSail marina: walk down Mona Lane turn right on New Beach Rd
RESTAURANTS WITHIN WALKING DISTANCE:
- Bei Amici: on the ground floor of the apartment building (voted best informal Italian restaurant)
- The Cruising Yacht Club restaurant - a short stroll down to the park:
- Bay 88 - a 5 min walk on the other side of the park
- Flavour of India - Half a block up New South head Rd on the left hand side.
- Pizza Bella- corner of Mona Rd and New South Head Rd
- Mrs. Sippy - 10-15 min walk down to Double Bay (super-trendy bar and great for cocktails til late)
- Plus dozens of others in Double Bay - all within a 10-15 min walk:
PUBLIC POOLS WITHIN A 5-10 MINUTE DRIVE:
- Andrew Boy Charlton Pool: gorgeous outdoor pool with cafe, yoga centre and kiddies pool (in the Domain near the art gallery)
- Cook and Phillip Park Aquatic Centre: (indoor pools)
- Redleaf Seapool: closest ocean pool up the hill from Double Bay on harbour side
- Nielsen Park sea pool: deep water harbour sea-pool at Shark Bay on the harbour side.
- Icebergs in Bondi: Sydney's most famous ocean pool – great for lap swimming with a view.
Bronte sea pool: family-friendly free sea pool on the dramatic Bronte coastline.
GYMS WITHIN ONE BLOCK:
- Crossfit: One New South Head Rd, Edgecliff
- Anytime Fitness: 179-191 New South Head Road Edgecliff
- Temple of the Body and Soul: 100 New South Head Road Edgecliff
Sydney Airport: (URL HIDDEN)
Rental cars: (URL HIDDEN)
Sydney public transport: (URL HIDDEN)
Sydney travel information: (URL HIDDEN)
Sydney Ferries: (URL HIDDEN)
Edgecliff shopping centre: (URL HIDDEN)
Sydney Opera House: (URL HIDDEN)
Museum of Contemporary Art: (URL HIDDEN)
Bondi Beach: (URL HIDDEN)
Manly Beach: (URL HIDDEN)
Westfield shopping centre: (URL HIDDEN)
Whale watching: (URL HIDDEN)
Sydney Harbour Bridge Climb: (URL HIDDEN)
The penthouse is just a 5 minute drive to the city and it's also only one block to the Edgecliff train station. Bus stops are also very close (New South Head Rd) and the service is frequent. Taxis can also be flagged from the main road nearby and bookings are not always necessary.
Other Things to Note
BOSE WIFI SPEAKER SYSTEM:
Plays your music via Bluetooth pairing.
Streams movies to the TV from your iTunes or Netflix account. Bring your laptop and/or iOS devices to display photos or other content on the big screen.
- Not permitted indoors.
- Ashtrays must be used if smoking on the balconies.
- No cigarette butts over the balcony railings.
- Small groups (up to 10 guests) permitted with prior approval.
- Low noise levels after 10 pm.
- Security guards patrol nightly and lock rooftop door between 10-11pm.
- Entertaining of larger groups may be permitted for an additional fee (prior approval required).
- Two week minimum booking over Xmas/NYE period)
- Guests may park on the far side of the secure courtyard to the rear of the apartment.
- Adequate space must be left for another vehicle to park adjacent to the restaurant.
- Access for parking is via Mona Lane.
- Standard booking fee includes up to 4 guests
- Additional guests: $95 per guest p/n.
- Bedroom 3: now has a Queen bed for up to two guests (set up as a secondary living in photos).
- Linen can be supplied for the 2m sofa and daybed in the living room for 2 extra guests.
- Inflatable Queen airbed can also be supplied.
Please report any issues with the elevator directly the lift company Electralift.