About This Listing
Fully furnished whole floor 3 bedroom penthouse with stunning panoramic views. Situated in Darling Point, moments from the harbour's edge, quietly overlooking Sydney's beautiful skyline in its entirety, this large, sun-drenched oasis is a rare find.
Beautifully appointed 3 bedroom apartment in a truly world class location.
- Cavernous living area with breathtaking city views and all day natural light
- 3 large bedrooms each with sun drenched balconies and built in robes
- Panoramic city, harbour and/or district views from every room
- 2 modern, marble bathrooms including ensuite
- Private lift entrance directly into apartment
- Self contained stainless steel kitchen
- Quality appointments throughout
- Reverse cycle ducted air-conditioned bedrooms
- 2 secure car spaces in LUG
- Exclusive entertaining perspective for NYE and other fireworks displays (2 week minimum booking of Xmas/NYE period)
- Stroll to train station, cafes, CCYC yacht club and marina/rentals, tennis courts and restaurants.
SHOPS, RESTAURANTS AND POOLS NEAR MONA RD DARLING POINT
EDGECLIFF SHOPPING CENTRE:
Edgecliff is the most convenient shopping centre - just one block up the hill: walk down Mona Rd to New South Head Rd, turn left and walk up the hill. You’ll find the Edgecliff Shopping Centre across the road at the top of the hill with most things you’ll need there:
supermarkets: Aldi (on the ground floor) and Coles (upstairs) ; cafes ; sushi; post office; banks
and the train station.
DOUBLE BAY SHOPPING CENTRE:
Also within walking distance – just walk up Mona Rd and turn right at the roundabout at the top of the hill. Walk down the winding hill (past the old Anglican Church) and turn left on Ocean Street and take the first right to get to the Double Bay shops:
supermarkets ; banks ; cafes; restaurants; pubs ; designer and other exclusive clothing boutiques
and shoe stores.
BONDI JUNCTION SHOPPING CENTRE:
One train stop from Edgecliff Centre - bondi Junction is one of the largest shopping centres ion Sydney features the expansive Westfield shopping mall.
CAFES WITHIN ONE BLOCK:
- French Press – Glenmore Rd (opposite the lights at the bottom of Mona Rd)
- Rushcutters Bay Park Café: walk down Mona Lane and cross the road
- Café at the EastSail marina: walk down Mona Lane turn right on New Beach Rd
RESTAURANTS WITHIN WALKING DISTANCE:
- Bei Amici: on the ground floor of the apartment building (voted best informal Italian restaurant)
- The Cruising Yacht Club restaurant - a short stroll down to the park:
- Bay 88 - a 5 min walk on the other side of the park
- Flavour of India - Half a block up New South head Rd on the left hand side.
- Pizza Bella- corner of Mona Rd and New South Head Rd
- Mrs. Sippy - 10-15 min walk down to Double Bay (super-trendy bar and great for cocktails til late)
- Plus dozens of others in Double Bay - all within a 10-15 min walk:
PUBLIC POOLS WITHIN A 5-10 MINUTE DRIVE:
- Andrew Boy Charlton Pool: gorgeous outdoor pool with cafe, yoga centre and kiddies pool (in the Domain near the art gallery)
- Cook and Phillip Park Aquatic Centre: (indoor pools)
- Redleaf Seapool: closest ocean pool up the hill from Double Bay on harbour side
- Nielsen Park sea pool: deep water harbour sea-pool at Shark Bay on the harbour side.
- Icebergs in Bondi: Sydney’s most famous ocean pool – great for lap swimming with a view.
Bronte sea pool: family-friendly free sea pool on the dramatic Bronte coastline.
GYMS WITHIN ONE BLOCK:
- Crossfit: One New South Head Rd, Edgecliff
- Anytime Fitness: 179-191 New South Head Road Edgecliff
- Temple of the Body and Soul: 100 New South Head Road Edgecliff
Other Things to Note
BOSE WIFI SPEAKER SYSTEM:
Plays your music via booth-tooth pairing.
Streams movies to the TV from your iTunes account or bring your laptop and/or iOS devices to display photos or other content on the big screen.
- Not permitted indoors.
- Ashtrays must be used if smoking on the balconies.
- No cigarette butts over the balcony railings.
- Small groups (up to 10 guests) permitted with prior approval.
- Low noise levels after 10 pm.
- Security guards patrol nightly and lock rooftop door between 10-11pm.
- Entertaining of larger groups may be permitted for an additional fee (prior approval required).
- Two week minimum booking over Xmas/NYE period)
- Guests may park on the far side of the secure courtyard to the rear of the apartment.
- Adequate space must be left for another vehicle to park adjacent to the restaurant.
- Access for parking is via Mona Lane.
- Standard booking fee includes up to 4 guests
- Additional guests: $95 per guest p/n.
- Bedroom 3: now has a Queen bed for up to two guests (set up as a secondary living in photos).
- Linen can be supplied for the 2m sofa and daybed in the living room for 2 extra guests.
- Inflatable airbed can also be supplied.
Please report any issues with the elevator directly the lift company Electralift:
(phone number hidden)
Right from when we arrived, we loved everything about our stay. Louise was lovely, flexible, helpful and tended to our every need. The flat was beautiful, clean and exactly how we had pictured it. It was a great location, with only a short walk to Rushcutters Bay and the flat had a stunning view of Sydney Harbour Bridge. Everything we needed was there and it truly was a home away from home. We couldn't recommend it any higher!
Superb views of a beautiful city and harbour. Quiet and private apartment, everything you need in the flat and more incl bathroom products. Louise responsive and helpful. Location fantastic and apartment very big with 3 full size bedrooms with double beds. Bathrooms and showers all lovely. Would stay again for sure. Thank you!
Our stay at the penthouse was wonderful. The apartment is gorgeous, the view spectacular and the location amazing - close to all forms of public transport and a stones throw from Sydney cbd and Bondi.
Louise was a great host, communication was excellent and we had all our needs catered to.
Our favourite things about the apartment was the close walk to a ferry which took us right by the Opera house and also having half a dozen cockatoos land on the penthouse balcony which gave us excellent photo opportunities!
We will definitely stay at the penthouse again next time we are in Sydney. No hesitation!
My friends and I could not have asked for a better place to stay in Sydney. From the beginning Louise and Rick were responsive, accommodating, and pleasant. We absolutely LOVED the penthouse. The pictures honestly don't do the place justice. The view from the balcony is incredible. The train station is right up the street from the condo and gets your practically anywhere you want to go. If you have any hesitation about renting the condo... I hope my review helps to ease your mind. Thanks so much for letting us stay in your place.
Louise and Rick greeted us warmly when my family arrived and gave us the rundown of the place, which was described accurately on airbnb. The view is just gorgeous.
The neighborhood is very safe and there is a shopping center within a five minute walk. There is also a 24 hour gym right before the center. A fifteen minuter stroll away lands you in the middle of countless restaurants and pubs, and you can reach Bondi by cab in about fifteen minutes as well.
We had a wonderful stay and I highly recommend Louses's home and hospitality.
We are happy to share that Louise's Penthouse in Sydney was everything we were led to believe. The view of central Sydney and the harbour was extraordinary, the space great and very usable, it was close to good public transportation and the Hosts were very helpful getting us organized. We would highly recommend it to anyone and we hope we have another opportunity in the future to use it again.
The view from this apartment is stunning and it's location is really good - being a close taxi ride to almost everything you might want to see as a tourist (and we even walked many places towards the end of our stay)! The apartment is well equipped and comfortable. Louise is an amazing host and extremely responsive! Full air conditioning throughout was appreciated!
About the Host, Louise
Hi - I'm Louise and I'm a kiwi (born in NZ) who has lived in Sydney for the last 15+ years - mostly at the lovely penthouse in Darling Point.
I hope you enjoy your sojourn at the penthouse as much as I've enjoyed living here. Please let me know if I can assist with any special arrangements to make your stay more enjoyable.
Waterfront bar and bistro.New Beach Rd Rushcutters Bay NSW 2027
Waterfront cafe and yacht rentals.New Beach Rd Rushcutters Bay NSW 2027
Best informal Italian eatery - on the ground floor of our building.Mona Road Darling Point NSW 2027
Uber trendy pizzaria and cocktail bar.Bay Street Double Bay NSW 2028
Closest cafe.Glenmore Rd Edgecliff NSW 2027
Great shopping, restaurants and a ferry wharf.Double Bay NSW 2028
The most convenient shopping centre - just one block up the hill: walk down Mona Rd to New South Head Rd, turn left and walk up the hill. You’ll find the Edgecliff Shopping Centre across the road.Edgecliff NSW 2027
Closest park.New Beach Road Darling Point NSW 2027
One stop SE to the amazing Bondi Junction shopping centre. Two stops NW to the city.Arthur St Edgecliff New South Wales 2027
Closest tennis courts.Waratah Street Rushcutters Bay NSW 2011
Harbourside swimming pool.2000
Swimming and fitness centre with parking.College Street Sydney NSW 2000
Best shopping district in the area.Bondi Junction NSW 2022
Only 15 minutes from the penthouse.Macquarie Street Sydney NSW 2000
Take a walk from the Sydney city to North Sydney.Sydney Harbour Bridge Millers Point NSW 2000
Sydneys most iconic beach.Bondi Beach NSW 2026
Sheltered, secluded - great for sunbathing and surfing.NSW
Family friendly beach with a fabulous sea pool, cafes and restaurants.NSW
Fabulous dining with great city views.Marine Parade Watsons Bay NSW 2030