About this listing
Fully furnished whole floor 3 bedroom penthouse with stunning panoramic views. Situated in Darling Pt, moments from the harbour and city, quietly overlooking Sydney's beautiful skyline in its entirety, this large, sun-drenched oasis is a rare find.
Beautifully appointed 3 bedroom apartment in a truly world class location.
- Spacious living area with breathtaking city views and all day natural light
- 3 large bedrooms (one King bed and two Queens) each with sun drenched balconies and built-in wardrobes
- Panoramic city, harbour and/or district views from every room
- 2 modern, marble bathrooms including ensuite
- Private lift entrance directly into apartment
- Self contained stainless steel kitchen
- Quality appointments throughout
- Reverse cycle ducted air-conditioned bedrooms
- 2 secure car spaces in lock-up garage
- Exclusive entertaining perspective for New Year's Eve and other fireworks displays (2 week minimum booking of Xmas/NYE period)
- Stroll to train station, cafes, yacht club and marina/rentals, tennis courts and restaurants.
- Short drive to Bondi Beach and other coastal attractions
SHOPS, RESTAURANTS AND POOLS NEAR MONA RD DARLING POINT
EDGECLIFF SHOPPING CENTRE:
Edgecliff is the most convenient shopping centre - just one block up the hill: walk down Mona Rd to New South Head Rd, turn left and walk up the hill. You’ll find the Edgecliff Shopping Centre across the road at the top of the hill with most things you’ll need there:
supermarkets: Aldi (on the ground floor) and Coles (upstairs) ; cafes ; sushi; post office; banks
and the train station.
DOUBLE BAY SHOPPING CENTRE:
Also within walking distance – just walk up Mona Rd and turn right at the roundabout at the top of the hill. Walk down the winding hill (past the old Anglican Church) and turn left on Ocean Street and take the first right to get to the Double Bay shops:
supermarkets ; banks ; cafes; restaurants; pubs ; designer and other exclusive clothing boutiques
and shoe stores.
BONDI JUNCTION SHOPPING CENTRE:
One train stop from Edgecliff Centre - bondi Junction is one of the largest shopping centres ion Sydney features the expansive Westfield shopping mall.
CAFES WITHIN ONE BLOCK:
- French Press – Glenmore Rd (opposite the lights at the bottom of Mona Rd)
- Rushcutters Bay Park Café: walk down Mona Lane and cross the road
- Café at the EastSail marina: walk down Mona Lane turn right on New Beach Rd
RESTAURANTS WITHIN WALKING DISTANCE:
- Bei Amici: on the ground floor of the apartment building (voted best informal Italian restaurant)
- The Cruising Yacht Club restaurant - a short stroll down to the park:
- Bay 88 - a 5 min walk on the other side of the park
- Flavour of India - Half a block up New South head Rd on the left hand side.
- Pizza Bella- corner of Mona Rd and New South Head Rd
- Mrs. Sippy - 10-15 min walk down to Double Bay (super-trendy bar and great for cocktails til late)
- Plus dozens of others in Double Bay - all within a 10-15 min walk:
PUBLIC POOLS WITHIN A 5-10 MINUTE DRIVE:
- Andrew Boy Charlton Pool: gorgeous outdoor pool with cafe, yoga centre and kiddies pool (in the Domain near the art gallery)
- Cook and Phillip Park Aquatic Centre: (indoor pools)
- Redleaf Seapool: closest ocean pool up the hill from Double Bay on harbour side
- Nielsen Park sea pool: deep water harbour sea-pool at Shark Bay on the harbour side.
- Icebergs in Bondi: Sydney’s most famous ocean pool – great for lap swimming with a view.
Bronte sea pool: family-friendly free sea pool on the dramatic Bronte coastline.
GYMS WITHIN ONE BLOCK:
- Crossfit: One New South Head Rd, Edgecliff
- Anytime Fitness: 179-191 New South Head Road Edgecliff
- Temple of the Body and Soul: 100 New South Head Road Edgecliff
The penthouse is just a 5 minute drive to the city and it's also only one block to the Edgecliff train station. Bus stops are also very close (New South Head Rd) and the service is frequent. Taxis can also be flagged from the main road nearby and bookings are not always necessary.
Other Things to Note
BOSE WIFI SPEAKER SYSTEM:
Plays your music via Bluetooth pairing.
Streams movies to the TV from your iTunes or Netflix account. Bring your laptop and/or iOS devices to display photos or other content on the big screen.
- Not permitted indoors.
- Ashtrays must be used if smoking on the balconies.
- No cigarette butts over the balcony railings.
- Small groups (up to 10 guests) permitted with prior approval.
- Low noise levels after 10 pm.
- Security guards patrol nightly and lock rooftop door between 10-11pm.
- Entertaining of larger groups may be permitted for an additional fee (prior approval required).
- Two week minimum booking over Xmas/NYE period)
- Guests may park on the far side of the secure courtyard to the rear of the apartment.
- Adequate space must be left for another vehicle to park adjacent to the restaurant.
- Access for parking is via Mona Lane.
- Standard booking fee includes up to 4 guests
- Additional guests: $95 per guest p/n.
- Bedroom 3: now has a Queen bed for up to two guests (set up as a secondary living in photos).
- Linen can be supplied for the 2m sofa and daybed in the living room for 2 extra guests.
- Inflatable airbed can also be supplied.
Please report any issues with the elevator directly the lift company Electralift:
(phone number hidden)
Louise made us feel very welcome! Louise met me as planned at the unit. she has previously confirmed all the arrangements and had prepared a very thorough house handbook and also a folder of menus and local info. every detail was attended to. the unit has really stunning views of Sydney including a slice of the Harbor bridge. Louise set us up with coffees, teas, breakfast items, and a bowl of the best oranges i have had in a decade. really everything that was needed was on hand, in order, and attractively organized. there is a fully equipped kitchen and also wifi which is really essential these days!
louise is a terrific communicator. she responded virtually immediately to any questions we had.
the unit is as described and pictured. very attractive, clean, and comfortable.
the unit is outside the downtown area of sydney but easily accessible. we have relatives in eastern suburbs and prefer to be a bit outside sydney downtown and on their side of town. from darling point, we can see my family or we can easily get into town by bus or metro. there are restaurants, shopping, dry cleaning, medical clinic, pharmacy all nearby. there is also a couple of scenic local parks and the marina. my family and i love the area.
louise and ricky are both very friendly and considerate. ricky suggested a few places to visit outside of sydney and was had time for one of them - marvelous visit to a national park we had not previously visited. Louise has been very patient when we inadvertently left some shoes and we so appreciate her assistance in sorting it out.
i do wish i could give 6 stars - if i could i would.
If you're in Sydney and want a great place to stay this is the spot. You have a wonderful view in this penthouse apartment. Three bedrooms as advertised. Everything you need including private parking - at no extra charge which is super hard to find in Sydney. Taxi's are operating very close, so it's easy to get a lift, and you really can walk to almost anywhere in town. There is a nice Italian restaurant in the building and a rooftop patio that expands on the wonder feel from within the condo.
Louise is a very nice host, meeting me early in the morning, and accommodating my desire to check in at 9a. Try to do that at a hotel now days.
The apartment has everything you would expect, a full kitchen, washer dryer coffee and tea, and secure private access.
There is a very nice expansive park just a short walk away, and all kinds of birds fluttering about - I even captured a picture of a Rainbow Lorikeet on the balcony.
We had a great stay. Louise and Rick were very welcoming and really helpful. The apartment has amazing views in a great location and the parking spot is a great bonus. I'd highly recommend to anyone visiting Sydney, especially families!
Excellent place with stunning views. Could not have asked for a better place for my friends and I to spend our time in Sydney. Louise and Rick were also lovely and extremely helpful to our needs. Will definately stay here again.
Right from when we arrived, we loved everything about our stay. Louise was lovely, flexible, helpful and tended to our every need. The flat was beautiful, clean and exactly how we had pictured it. It was a great location, with only a short walk to Rushcutters Bay and the flat had a stunning view of Sydney Harbour Bridge. Everything we needed was there and it truly was a home away from home. We couldn't recommend it any higher!
Superb views of a beautiful city and harbour. Quiet and private apartment, everything you need in the flat and more incl bathroom products. Louise responsive and helpful. Location fantastic and apartment very big with 3 full size bedrooms with double beds. Bathrooms and showers all lovely. Would stay again for sure. Thank you!
Our stay at the penthouse was wonderful. The apartment is gorgeous, the view spectacular and the location amazing - close to all forms of public transport and a stones throw from Sydney cbd and Bondi.
Louise was a great host, communication was excellent and we had all our needs catered to.
Our favourite things about the apartment was the close walk to a ferry which took us right by the Opera house and also having half a dozen cockatoos land on the penthouse balcony which gave us excellent photo opportunities!
We will definitely stay at the penthouse again next time we are in Sydney. No hesitation!
About the Host, Louise
Hi - I'm Louise and I'm a kiwi (born in NZ) who has lived in Sydney for the last 15+ years - mostly at the lovely penthouse in Darling Point.
I hope you enjoy your sojourn at the penthouse as much as I've enjoyed living here. Please let me know if I can assist with any special arrangements to make your stay more enjoyable.