Nick's Nest is the perfect vacation getaway with easy access to Healdsburg and Guerneville. The house is perched high above the Russian River, with gorgeous views of the water. Stairs lead down to a private beach which is accessible in summer and fall. This 1930s log cabin has been expanded and exquisitely updated with modern flair. Enjoy cooking in the gourmet kitchen or barbecuing on the 300 sq. ft. covered deck. There are 3 bedrooms with comfy beds and two fully updated bathrooms.
There is Wi-fi internet access throughout the house, including outdoor areas.
• Wood-burning fireplace
• 32” wall-mounted HDTV with cable and DVD player
• Unlimited local and domestic long distance calling
• CD player and iPod/iPhone dock linked to indoor and outdoor speakers
• Dining table seats up to 6
• 350 sq. ft. covered deck with views of the Russian River
• Lounge chairs and tables
• Deck dining table with extension seats up to 8
• BBQ gas grill with 5 burners
• Double-door refrigerator with ice maker and filtered water
• Gas range and oven
• Pots, pans, and cooking utensils
• Dinnerware and flatware for 8 people
• Coffee maker and grinder
• Blender, rice cooker, food processor
• Spices and baking supplies
• Stairs lead from house down to private beach on the river
• Beautifully landscaped garden & grounds
• 6-foot redwood fence around property for privacy
• Dedicated parking space for 2 cars
• Master bedroom with queen-sized bed, HDTV with cable and DVD player
• Second bedroom with queen-sized bed, HDTV with cable and DVD player
• Third bedroom with full-sized bed
• All linens and pillows provided
• Upper level with glass-enclosed shower
• Lower level with glass-enclosed shower and large soaking tub
• Towels, hand towels, and washcloths provided
• Complimentary soap, shampoo and conditioner
• Washer and dryer with utility sink
• Laundry soap and dryer sheets provided
SWIMMING / BIKING
• Beach towels
• 4 inner tubes and 2 pairs of flippers
• Sun screen
• Lounge chairs
• Beach umbrella
Nick’s Nest is situated in Forestville, CA, approx. 55 miles north of the Golden Gate Bridge. The house overlooks the Russian River with easy access to the water. It is just 12 miles from the fine restaurants and shops of Healdsburg and 10 miles from the quaint vacation town of Guerneville.
Nick’s Nest sits on Westside Road, one of the Russian River’s prized “wine trails.” The charming country road winds through lush forests and breathtaking valleys. Along the way, you’ll find numerous wineries, both large and small, which open their doors to tours and wine tastings year-round. The area is best known for its world-class Pinot Noirs.
|Room type:||Entire home/apt|
|Bed type:||Real Bed|
|Extra people:||No Charge|
|Minimum Stay:||7 nights|
|Weekly Price:||$2583 /week|
|Monthly Price:||$10336 /month|
|Check In:||3:00 PM|
|Check Out:||11:00 AM|
I contacted Nick's Nest for a weekend getaway with the girls and he was great at organizing and confirming our stay, including instructions about the home, the keys, directions, and things to do around the area. The home was BEAUTIFUL! Our style is very modern yet cozy and it was completely that. Not to mention it was extremely clean, very tastefully decorated, the kitchen was completely decked out for us, and there was a pleasant bottle of wine to greet us upon arrival. I'm also afraid to post this cause I want it so much to be a secret.. Nick's Nest is awesome. Great value, great home, great owners.
I am almost afraid to rate this place for fear it won't be available one the next of many times I will want to rent this place.
The location is amazing, but even more amazing is the space. Matt has done such a perfect job creating a clean, modern and yet totally inviting space.
We did one big trip to the grocery store and basically never left the property. We grilled breakfast, lunch and dinner!
My only question is when will be the next time I can make it back!
Nick's Nest is a beautiful, impeccably finished house high above the river in the perfect location. We spent one day wine tasting at the wineries just down the road, and another day on a lovely drive to the nearby Redwood Grove and out to the Coast. Matt was very helpful and provided everything needed for a comfortable stay, plus bonuses like bikes (bring your own helmet) and water toys.
A few bits of advice:
-Bring your fishing gear! Dad was jealous of the fisherfolk on the river.
-Also be aware that there are quite a number of stairs (to get to the front door of the house and especially down to the river) so if someone in your party is not comfortable on stairs they might not be able to fully enjoy the property.