About This Listing
We have a great 5 bedroom, 4500 sq. ft country home on 5 acres with a pool and huge bocce ball court in Sonoma- comfortable, beautiful and rustic-- only 3 miles from the historic Sonoma Square and close to wineries and more.
Right in the middle of wine country, but only 50 minutes to San Francisco!
Each bedroom is very large and each has its own full bathroom. The house has Internet, flat screen/ cable tv, and washer/dryer. Bring your bike as you can ride to restaurants and wineries-- and it's quiet and peaceful with views of the vineyards, olive trees, hills and more. Also great for walks/ runs.
Say hi to the neighboring horses, llamas, and alpacas while out on your morning stroll! Pick peaches, apples and grapes from the property when in season.
We are renting individual rooms in our home.
Bedroom 1 - THE GROSVENOR. (this listing) King bed and queen sofa sleeper
Bedroom 2- KRUGER. Queen bed and full pullout sofa
Bedroom 3- THE BUCKEYE. Queen bed and twin
Bedroom 4- DENALI. Bunk bed (full bottom/ twin top) + queen sofa sleeper
The home is very private with a beautiful dining table outdoors under an arbor with lights. Outdoor bar, firepit, gas grill, bocce court and seating make for fabulous wine country nights. You are welcome to make yourself at home and utilize the outdoor bar with refrigerator, grill, coffee maker, and more.
Located conveniently close to the Sonoma Square-- about a 5 minute drive west, you will be perfectly situated for strolling the local shops and exploring Sonoma's first class restaurants. We are also approx 5 minutes from the world-renowned Sonoma Mission Inn -- which has an amazing day spa if you feel like being pampered after a few days visiting the wineries. We are happy to recommend our favorite wineries -- there are some of the best in CA right in the area.
Interaction with Guests
We are a fun, friendly couple in our mid 30s that have settled in the perfect town of Sonoma. We are looking for guests that want to see all that Sonoma has to offer, and we are happy to share with you our recommendations and favorite restaurants, wineries and places to go.
We have a really friendly, 13 year old husky- so you must be comfortable with dogs nearby.
Other Things to Note
Just fyi, we do have 2 sweet dogs on the property- a husky/malamute mix and a pyrenees/ akbash, who will be sure to greet you as you come and go. We also have 3 sheep on the back side of the property that are very friendly, and will be sure to baaaa at you when you are out in the yard!
We are a flexible couple and expect common courtesy in our home. At least one Renter must be over 25 years of age. Rental agreement must be signed and security deposit received prior to rental.
1. Smoking is not allowed on the property.
2. People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. We do not allow any additional guests on the property unless agreed upon with the owners ahead of time. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest.
2a. Additional Guests. The intent of the rental is for use by the guests listed in the above agreement. It is not intended to be utilized for a venue for a party, gathering, etc of individuals other than those in the above agreement. Please ensure any expected additional guests are discussed with and agreed to by the owners, prior to confirmation on Airbnb and listed in the above agreement.
3. Please be considerate of the neighborhood and neighbors. Outdoor noise must be controlled after 10pm.
4. The owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss or theft of personal belongings or valuables of the guest while staying at the property. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
5. The guests must keep the property and all furnishings in good order.
6. The guests must only use appliances for their intended uses.
7. PETS are permitted only with prior approval and the Pet Addendum must be completed. Pet deposit is $250.
8. Parking: Parking is limited to 4 vehicle(s), unless agreed upon with prior approval by the owner. Parking on the road is not permitted. Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing; applicable fines/towing fees are the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner.
9. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the house.
10. Pool and diving board: No children under the age of _18__ are permitted in pool or may use the diving board without adult supervision. When using the pool and diving board, remember there are certain risks associated. Use responsibly and at your own risk.
11. Fireplace: The fireplace is a wood pellet fireplace. Only use pellets in the fireplace. Please do not throw any paper, wood, or other combustible materials in the fireplace. The fireplace must be cleaned out after every use. Open the front fireplace door using the handle , and use the dustbuster that can be found in the laundry room to vacuum out ashes. The fireplace must not be left on overnight. For more info on how to use, see household tips.
12. Water and Septic: The property is on a well and septic system. The septic system is very effective; however, it will clog up if improper material is flushed. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products should be flushed at any time. If it is found that feminine products have been flushed and clog the septic system, you could be charged the cost to repair and restore any damages to the septic system.
13. Alcohol. We have a large spirits, beer and wine selection in our home. Unfortunately, it against the law for us to be able to share this with you. Therefore, please refrain from consuming any wine, beer or spirits that are placed in the bar and wine racks. You will be responsible for any missing inventory.
14. Lock doors when not on the premises. There are 5 entry ways into the house, however, the keys we have for you only open the door on the back side of the house, closest to the outdoor bar. Please ensure all doors are locked when you leave the premises, and utilize this door for entry/ exit when coming and going.
15. There is a room upstairs that is locked and is not accessible to guests. Please refrain from entering this space.
16. Please refrain from using the the individual heaters / ac units in each room. These are outdated and have been replaced with central heat and a/c.
17. Upon Your departure
•Please be sure to strip all used beds and place all used linens/ sheets in the laundry room.
•Empty trash in each room into a trash bag(s) (extras can be found under the kitchen sink), and place out back of the house in the appropriate trash bin.
•We would ask that you keep recycled items in a separate receptacle (brown grocery paper bags can be found under sink as well) and these items placed in the blue trash bin out back of the house.
Rusti and Martin were great hosts! The house is awesome and it was very easy to get in and out of the property. I really enjoyed my stay and would stay again if if I come back through the area. The house is centrally located and has a great vibe, both Rusti and Martin were awesome.
Rusti was extremely responsive via email and even accommodated my boyfriend's and my late arrival (midnight). The common areas were great and very well decorated including the living room, big kitchen, pool and outdoor bar area with TV and chairs. The bedroom was as pictured and the bed was really comfortable. Perfect location, 5 minute drive into sonoma town center and the wedding we attended at cornerstone gardens.
Rusti and Martin were flat out awesome. We enjoyed chatting with them and getting their take on local restaurants. They have a beautiful home with lots of room and a great outdoor space with a bar, TV (w/DirecTV), and chairs next to their pool.
Except for the earthquake we all experienced together (!), it was extremely quiet at night, and you could easily see hundreds of stars on a clear night. The bikes were great also to roam into town, grab food, and check out the town square. When we go back to Sonoma, we're definitely going to try and stay with Rusti, Martin, and Sally (their lovable, easy going dog) again!!
Rusti and Martin were great hosts! They are a very kind, down-to-earth, fun, and accommodating couple. Their home is really close to downtown Sonoma, where we spent most of our time. Rusti gave us great restaurant recommendations, which we tried and loved! The home has everything you need; large room with private entrance, comfortable bed, pool table, bocce ball, and a pool!
We had a great time and look forward to staying there again soon.
Thank you Rusti for your wonderful hospitality and last-minute accommodations. Your house was a treat, especially the afternoon dip in the delightful pool and comfortable bed. thanks!
This host has 26 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews